testtest

Tips, Tricks & Gadgets

Classified

Professional
Founding Member
The title says it all.

Here's one that i use more often than i give it thought, NiteIze S-biners.
Great key chains but also are a great way to keep track of barrel devices and thread protectors.

Maxi Flex gloves are great as well, inexpensive, washable and tactile. I started using them after my $40 pair got a hole in them. I had just bought a dozen maxiflex for $30 and had the same degree of dexterity without seams.

Attachments

• Resized_img_eggsif_1626689086944873790001_5869.jpeg
    Resized_img_eggsif_1626689086944873790001_5869.jpeg
    302.9 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Great idea with the S biners.... keep stuff straight.

Gloves: I got a pair of weight lifting gloves at K-Mart that work greatl
Some work gloves from Harbor Freight and cut the tips off work fine as do the Copper Fit that the wife didn't like.
Modification is the name of the game.

I take brown packing tape with me to repair my IPSC targets so I don't have to pack a ton of them.

I also take an Elmer's glue stick to stick targets to the backboard so I can save staples.

Multicolor zip ties make good make shift empty chamber indicators in case you or someone you know left theirs at home.

Self adhesive foam sheets available at most craft stores make a cheap and effective way to add some padding to a stock's cheek piece.

I can probably think of some others later but it's late haha. Night all.

I take brown packing tape with me to repair my IPSC targets so I don't have to pack a ton of them.

I also take an Elmer's glue stick to stick targets to the backboard so I can save staples.

Multicolor zip ties make good make shift empty chamber indicators in case you or someone you know left theirs at home.

Self adhesive foam sheets available at most craft stores make a cheap and effective way to add some padding to a stock's cheek piece.

Great stuff.... thank you TM......

We used lengths of the larger diameter, bright yellow weed-whacker string through the loading port and out the end of barrel on the students competition air rifles to indicate empty/not loaded.
That's a great way to insure safety.... 👍 Thanks for passing the idea along.

+1 on the Zip Ties. in a pinch (or in bulk), awesome use.

For those that do gun photography a fair bit, and have dedicated setups or do shoots including mags and ammo, shoving an earplug in the chamber will prevent an accidental load. If you were to rack the slide, the round gets hung up on the plug, and goes no further. Not that I recommend NOT paying attention, but its an easy thing to to, just in case.

Poor man's Robar:
1/3 mix of Permatex Nickel Antiseize and your favorite oil.

When the oil dries it leaves a thin coat of nickel and keeps your iron running a little longer. (I dont think this will mix well with froglube)

The multicolored 3/4" dots you find in office supplies make great target stickies. You get a ton of them in the pack and I carry them in my range bag in case I need to make a zero target real quick or just make a well defined point of aim.

Something else that I thought about was 9 gauge multi-purpose wire. You can find this at some hardware stores, sometimes back in the section with fencing materials if they don't have it with the other wire. I've used this stuff to make clay pigeon holders, hooks to hold gear, all kinds of stuff. It's thick but it'll cut fairly easily with a Leatherman or, ideally, a lineman's tool and bends without too much trouble.

1580917208346.png

Back