testtest

To My Friends On This Forum

HayesGreener

Hellcat
I did absolutely nothing save reading and napping on Sunday. A rare down day, which gave me time to reflect on many things.

I have been on this forum for over 2 years now and want to share with you how much I appreciate the discourse we share here. I first check the forum daily with my morning coffee and find something to spark my interest without fail.

It is refreshing to participate in a forum with people of common interests and values share their thoughts in a respectful manner. The occasional kerfluffle gets resolved quickly, and disrespectful folks who stumble in seem to find the door out pretty quickly. I dealt with Adam Henrys throughout my career and have no use for them in my social media interactions.

I have learned much here, and laughed often. We can go from serious discussions to outrageously funny jokes in a heartbeat. Ya'll make me smile. A sense of humor is important, especially in today's trying times. If you can't find something to laugh about, you are not paying attention. The lively repartee here is entertaining.

Like most of you, firearms have been a major part of my life since I was a boy. Therein is the crux-we have a duty to educate and train future genrations to exercise these important rights. I have been a trainer for more than 50 years, have used firearms for serious business throughout, and attended countless trainings. Even so, my knowledge is dwarfed by many here and I am constantly learning new things. At my age, I enjoy the oportunity to share knowledge into the collective that I have accumulated while I can still remember it.

It also often gives me an outlet for the myriad of things swirling around in my head. Well, not all of them, the mods would block me for that.

In the words of the great philosopher Harvey Korman: My mind is a raging torrent........

Last edited:
Good post, Hayes.

Like you and most others here, I have been around firearms my whole life. My dad started taking me hunting with him when I was about 9. Despite that history (I am old now!), there was a huge hole in my knowledge which has been filled in a lot by those sharing their knowledge here, you included. I appreciate this forum.

I did absolutely nothing save reading and napping on Sunday. A rare down day, which gave me time to reflect on many things.

I have been on this forum for over 2 years now and want to share with you how much I appreciate the discourse we share here. I first check the forum daily with my morning coffee and find something to spark my interest without fail.

It is refreshing to participate in a forum with people of common interests and values share their thoughts in a respectful manner. The occasional kerfluffle gets resolved quickly, and disrespectful folks who stumble in seem to find the door out pretty quickly. I dealt with Adam Henrys throughout my career and have no use for them in my social media interactions.

I have learned much here, and laughed often. We can go from serious discussions to outrageously funny jokes in a heartbeat. Ya'll make me smile. A sense of humor is important, especially in today's trying times. If you can't find something to laugh about, you are not paying attention. The lively repartee here is entertaining.

Like most of you, firearms have been a major part of my life since I was a boy. Therein is the crux-we have a duty to educate and train future genrations to exercise these important rights. I have been a trainer for more than 50 years, have used firearms for serious business throughout, and attended countless trainings. Even so, my knowledge is dwarfed by many here and I am constantly learning new things. At my age, I enjoy the oportunity to share knowledge into the collective that I have accumulated while I can still remember it.

It also often gives me an outlet for the myriad of things swirling around in my head. Well, not all of them, the mods would block me for that.

In the words of the great philosopher Harvey Korman: My mind is a raging torrent........
I would say exactly the same.

Great post

My family was not a gun family and I had to figure things out with help from my friends and strangers. The school of hard knocks made many lasting impressions and I still discover new ideas that make life more pleasant and fun. There are a number of folks here I gladly listen to over the so called experts that are out there.

Perfect

It's really great to find a place that has the love of hi points like me. 😁
latest

@HayesGreener

i had to look up "Adam Henry"........... :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

never heard of that before.

unlike you and so many others, i am still a newbie, since january of 2020.

but have been learning things daily.

either from people here (much GREAT help when i had questions on reloading, from so many here) and other issues.

or from some other good websites, so many good people, and yeah, some "Adam Henry's"......:ROFLMAO:

but the internet is what it is, unless all sites were private, all are allowed.

now, if we can only edumacate those that like Hi Points, this would be even a greater place.....;)

HayesGreener, your post is perfect. Thanks for the time and thought you put into it. This forum has been so helpful and i have learned quite a bit in the 2 years since i first started shooting. I am on some other forums as well, but this is the one i check daily. More often than not, in a single visit i will learn something, laugh at something, have to think about something, and, of course want to buy something.

Back