testtest

Too little too Late for ammo

KillerFord1977

SAINT
Founding Member
Such a pity all those who said they dont need guns or ammo are clammoring for it now. Those who regularly shoot probably have not even batted an eye about finding ammo. Its been on our home shelf all along

post online:
“Loving it out here in California. Every liberal anti-gunner in the state is lined up at near-empty gun stores, clamoring to buy whatever is left. They seem shocked and angry that they have to take a test and wait 10-days to get it! I think it may be dawning on them that when you restrict the rights of others, YOU may be the one left with an empty holster, now that you've suddenly decided guns are a good idea.

Such a pity all those who said they dont need guns or ammo are clammoring for it now. Those who regularly shoot probably have not even batted an eye about finding ammo. Its been on our home shelf all along

post online:
“Loving it out here in California. Every liberal anti-gunner in the state is lined up at near-empty gun stores, clamoring to buy whatever is left. They seem shocked and angry that they have to take a test and wait 10-days to get it! I think it may be dawning on them that when you restrict the rights of others, YOU may be the one left with an empty holster, now that you've suddenly decided guns are a good idea.
It would be interesting to see how many first time gun owners there are from the panic.

If I had the books on hand I would try to get a few small classes of Basic Pistol going. But all of the ranges around here are closed, I would have to go out to the desert and do qualifications. Maybe I can put together a dry-fire course together and orientation.

Well I disagree with all the people saying there’s going to be a slew of accidents from first time gun buyers. And more I disagree with those who opine that they should be forced to take some kind of training class. The fact is that a lot of us, myself included, like to train and we take various classes designed to increase our skill level as it pertains to self defense, gun safety etc. However, for many, many years a lot of us who were raised around guns carried them, used them and hunted with them without being forced to meet some arbitrary criteria with our skill level in order to exercise our 2nd amendment rights. Our dads taught us how to handle firearms. And let’s face it, it doesn’t take a genius or a class with some gun guru to grasp the basic tenets of safely handling a firearm. If I was a complete newbie to firearms I would still like my chances of survival in a SD situation WITH a gun as opposed to without a gun. If someone has some data that points to a significant problem involving people new to gun ownership I’d like to see it.

In any case, the constitution does not require meeting some mandated competency testing to exercise your right to self defense.

All that is correct - there is no legal requirement.

However.

Look at the demographic (ok...the LIKELY demographic) of all these first-time, panic-buyers. Terrified of guns. Knows nothing of guns (black is scary). Willfully - to this point - have BLOCKED any knowledge input about guns out of willful ignorance.

Now? They have them at home.

They spent the money, but have not done the research, nor acquired the knowledge, in order to be safe around their new purchases. These are not rocket science, but mistakes can be fatal. Easily. While these folks may not need to take a "safety course", they need to do more than "fill the clip" and throw it in a drawer, waiting for the zombies to attack.

The constitution doesn't require training...but Darwin does. And I suspect we're going to see a flood of Darwin Award-winners this coming season. And as we all know...firearm accidents will come back on us responsible owners tenfold in the press - "SEE??? We TOLD you.... Guns are BAD!! mmmkay....."

I think 10mil's wife should have bought him more bullets! Her intentions are good!

The wife picked up 3000 rounds of .22lr at Walmart a few days ago for $120.00

I just picked up 1000 more 9mm rounds from Bass Pro for $170.00 which has been the average price in my area before the panic just so I don't need to pay inflated prices the next few months.

Back