testtest

Training to shoot while riding.

This is something I never thought of. I used to ride bike everyday. Not near as often anymore but still gives you something to think about.

Most entertaining. Most impractical. What did he shoot at? What did he "score"? Your family riding ahead of you and shooting past them at a perp while riding? A small stick or stone in the bikes path at the moment of trigger squeeze and who is injured or dead? Who's going to bike ride through the neighborhood with an AR slung over your back? Congrats to the dude for his training and skills but please label this entertainment and not a promo for personal defense.

Most entertaining. Most impractical. What did he shoot at? What did he "score"? Your family riding ahead of you and shooting past them at a perp while riding? A small stick or stone in the bikes path at the moment of trigger squeeze and who is injured or dead? Who's going to bike ride through the neighborhood with an AR slung over your back? Congrats to the dude for his training and skills but please label this entertainment and not a promo for personal defense.
Lmao 😂 not gonna lie all those same questions crossed my mind as well when I first saw it. However I did come across another video after posting this one where a police force in Italy 🇮🇹 trained their bike force to shoot while riding as well. So it does bring up the question of training in this situation.

Lmao 😂 not gonna lie all those same questions crossed my mind as well when I first saw it. However I did come across another video after posting this one where a police force in Italy 🇮🇹 trained their bike force to shoot while riding as well. So it does bring up the question of training in this situation.
Perhaps a skill better suited to an urban environment.

Note: My OCD is kicking-in. There's a typo in the title of the thread. 😉

Oh no! Gets even worse now......PoPo shooting from bikes.........in traffic & pedestrians & buildings........please, just let me take my chances with the perps!

MD State Police has a multi-day shoot-from-the-saddle course for their Motor squad. I *almost* had a buddy of mine talked into letting me take the course with him....dammit. So close.

Granted, a Harley/BMW is quite different than a mountain bike...but shooting while in motion (accurately!) really is a thing.

MD State Police has a multi-day shoot-from-the-saddle course for their Motor squad. I *almost* had a buddy of mine talked into letting me take the course with him....dammit. So close.

Granted, a Harley/BMW is quite different than a mountain bike...but shooting while in motion (accurately!) really is a thing.

If remember right, back stone age days, used to shoot off horseback?

Cowboy Mounted Shooting Association https://www.cmsaevents.com/home/
Nice!
Would trust a horse any day more than a bike!
Horses can be very smart, bikes not so much. Good horse can take you home when things go upside down. Bicycles, bikes or a cars, not so much, but they're working on them now days. Cars have been a mixed bag of beans. There are working prototypes of self driving bikes (Yes, Motorcycles) Has been awhile since reading about and seeing, maybe in production soon? Downside, if any, and if they work well and are dependable? Put auto insurance companies out of business?

Back