testtest

Trigger issue???

I just picked up my Hellcat yesterday and I love it! In doing research before I purchased my Hellcat it read some articles on what may or may not be an issue with the trigger. What is being said is that if you apply any side pressure on the trigger it will not allow the trigger to release the striker thus the pistol will not fire. I tried to dry fire with adding side pressure and sure enough the gun did not fire. I tried many different ways of applying pressure and what I found was that if you try to fire without depressing the safety all the trigger will not fire. If you depress the safety a little bit it will not fire. Depressing about halfway, it fires. This only happens if your finger is not all the way inside the trigger guard, if the finger is all the way in It fires. Some of the posts I read were concerned that this could be a problem in a stressful situation where you have little time to react. I’ve been shooting for over 50 years and by instinct my finger always goes in the guard to my first pad or beyond and thus I have to really concentrate on not putting my finger far enough in the guard in order to hang up the trigger. This actually comforts me in that this would eliminate accidental misfires and the safety trigger is doing its job. I’m wondering what others think about this or if they have a hellcat that doesn’t have this problem and would love to hear ant comments on this issue.

I think you answered your own question, within your first post. It is a SAFETY feature, and it is designed for the shooter to use PROPER trigger form.

If you know how to pull a trigger correctly...you'll be fine.

If you try and pull the trigger sideways (incorrectly)...it won't fire. By design.

If you drop the weapon, it won't fire. By design.

But again...if you pull the trigger correctly, with proper form...it will fire properly.

All my thoughts exactly. This is the pistol I’ve been waiting for as it takes care of most all of my wants for EDC weapon, it’s small enough to conceal very easily, it carries a great load of up to 14 rounds, it feels solid and is easy to maintain. I have a Glock 19 which holds a lot of rounds but is a bit bulky for a sub compact and I have to wear the right clothes to hide the gun. I have a smith 2.0 9mm EZ which is also a excellent weapon, easier to hide than the Glock but only carries 8 ( 7+1 ) rounds and is larger than the hellcat. I'm quite certain that I made the right call buying the Hellcat and can’t wait for the range to open back up and she how well it shoots.

All my thoughts exactly. This is the pistol I’ve been waiting for as it takes care of most all of my wants for EDC weapon, it’s small enough to conceal very easily, it carries a great load of up to 14 rounds, it feels solid and is easy to maintain. I have a Glock 19 which holds a lot of rounds but is a bit bulky for a sub compact and I have to wear the right clothes to hide the gun. I have a smith 2.0 9mm EZ which is also a excellent weapon, easier to hide than the Glock but only carries 8 ( 7+1 ) rounds and is larger than the hellcat. I'm quite certain that I made the right call buying the Hellcat and can’t wait for the range to open back up and she how well it shoots.
I think you'll like it Masterframer. At a recent range session with friends (right before pandemic and gun ranges shutdown in Pa.), I shot the Sig P365, SA Hellcat, Glock G43, and Walther CCP M2 9mm. They all shot well (the Walther had several malfunctions which I think was ammunition selection related. It's a same, because it felt really nice when it did successfully fire), but I was extremely impressed on how fast I could reacquire the target using the Hellcats sights. I particularly liked how the rear U shaped sight, quickly drew my eyes to the front sight making it a lot quicker than the other subcompacts I was shooting, for follow up shots. I read how others raved about the sights, and after shooting it I agree 100%. The only regret I have was not getting the OSP model, perhaps that's in my future ;)

Back