testtest

trouble with feeding and jamming?

svas028

Alpha
I have a .300 BLK Saint Victor pistol and having trouble with magazine feed and jamming in the chamber bad enough that it can't open to field strip. Using a number of different ammo brands and still having the same problem. Anybody else see this happening? If I knew then what I know now, I would never have bought a Springfield.

I have a .300 BLK Saint Victor pistol and having trouble with magazine feed and jamming in the chamber bad enough that it can't open to field strip. Using a number of different ammo brands and still having the same problem. Anybody else see this happening? If I knew then what I know now, I would never have bought a Springfield.
don't knock the company just yet, if at all.

i don't hear of any others complaining about this same issue.

try a different magazine. either another S/A, or other brand.

don't knock the company just yet, if at all.

i don't hear of any others complaining about this same issue.

try a different magazine. either another S/A, or other brand.
When something that you payed hard earned money for (and a lot of money) doesn’t work properly and have tried several different ammo variants, I have a responsibility to call out the company. If anything further needs to be done to the weapon and it doesn’t work properly from the factory. I will def call out the company.

If I experienced this, I would take these steps:

1. Field strip and thoroughly clean and lubricate the gun, including cleaning the magazine
2. Use quality American factory ammunition
3. Try different magazines
4. Have someone else test fire the gun. There is less mass in these pistols than in a rifle, thus not as much for the recoil system to compress against. A light grip/shooting platform can cause the malfunction you describe. It could be just a matter of technique.
5. If those steps don't clear up the problem, Call SA Customer Service

If I knew then what I know now, I would never have bought a Springfield.
Last line of your post, sounds like your knocking the company without contacting customer service.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don’t know about other folks here, but I don’t visit the forum to read people’s posts arguing and calling each other’s names. This isn’t junior high school.

Thanks, Hayes, and Killer Ford, for your attempt to help.

If I experienced this, I would take these steps:

1. Field strip and thoroughly clean and lubricate the gun, including cleaning the magazine
2. Use quality American factory ammunition
3. Try different magazines
4. Have someone else test fire the gun. There is less mass in these pistols than in a rifle, thus not as much for the recoil system to compress against. A light grip/shooting platform can cause the malfunction you describe. It could be just a matter of technique.
5. If those steps don't clear up the problem, Call SA Customer Service
Tried every step except buying different mags which I feel I shouldn’t have to since they’re the same mags that came with the product and are the recommended mags to use with the product and calling support from SA. Will do next week. Thanks.

That’s knocking the Co.? I thought that was hindsight and free enterprising. Calling SA a **** Company that provides an inferior product is bashing. I said if I knew I was buying a product that didn’t function the way I expected it to, new, from the factory, then I would have thought twice about purchasing it.
So yeah, you’re still a dumbass!
Every company has issues.
I’ve had sprinffield issues before as well. Got resolved easily.

I’ve had FN, HK, Sig and Weatherby issues. Those are the best names in the biz.
All got resolved.

I’ve seen Springfield issues recently and addressed them. I dont call them a garbage company though. They are not.

Go thru the steps to address the issue.
Did you even contact SA customer service ???

Every company has issues.
I’ve had sprinffield issues before as well. Got resolved easily.

I’ve had FN, HK, Sig and Weatherby issues. Those are the best names in the biz.
All got resolved.

I’ve seen Springfield issues recently and addressed them. I dont call them a garbage company though. They are not.

Go thru the steps to address the issue.
Did you even contact SA customer service ???
Never said any of that and yes I have gone through most of the steps with the exception of using a different mag than is recommended and actually came with the AR. Thanks for the advice anyway.

Never said any of that and yes I have gone through most of the steps with the exception of using a different mag than is recommended and actually came with the AR. Thanks for the advice anyway.
Ultimately you're going to need more mags anyway. I would buy a couple P mags and maybe a couple Amend 2 and try them, along with the steps HayesGreener suggested. If that don't work don't waste time emailing SA, call them. They are pretty good in the CS dept. And there have been problems with these guns that required them to be sent back to the factory. It happens. I for one do not see your post as bashing the company. You simply asked if anyone else had problems, which I can tell you yes, they have.

My only experience with cartridges (or more accurately cases) jamming in the chamber, unable to extract, was with cases that split upon detonation(firing). Cheap remanufactured 5.56 x 45 Nato, bought online for a deal I couldn't pass up.

Some of that cheap ammo also had trouble chambering with normal BCG action, and the BCG dented and BENT several unfired cases trying to chamber them.

Since you mentioned having the issue with several makes of ammo, let's hope that's not the issue... unless it was several makes of crappy remanufactured ammo! Best of luck...could be something small and easy or something pretty severe...

So what, he should make a few posts about irrelevant stuff first ? It's not as if there aren't documented issues with these guns HERE on this forum.
I have no problem with someone asking for advice, we all need help once in a while.
By saying that If I knew then what I know now, I would never have bought a Springfield.
You bought a product made in a imperfect world by imperfect people, this could happen to anyone regardless of firearm or it's manufacturer.
These members offer great advice, if that doesn't work contact the FFL you bought it from or wait for customer service to make it right.
If all those suggestions above don't work then get on your soapbox and complain loudly about this model or the manufacturer.

I have no problem with someone asking for advice, we all need help once in a while.
By saying that If I knew then what I know now, I would never have bought a Springfield.
You bought a product made in a imperfect world by imperfect people, this could happen to anyone regardless of firearm or it's manufacturer.
These members offer great advice, if that doesn't work contact the FFL you bought it from or wait for customer service to make it right.
If all those suggestions above don't work then get on your soapbox and complain loudly about this model or the manufacturer.
Agreed, but he is entitled to his opinion. If my first experience with SA was like his ( and many other people here) I likely would feel the same way. In fact I'll go as far as to say that in large part due to the issues I see people here have with their Saints I probably wouldn't buy one right now. Maybe after the pandemic/shortage/whatever you want to call it, but until then I'll just build my own.

Just about all semi auto anything needs some run in time, typically at least a couple hundred rounds. Mags, sights, lights..... they all need time and round count to prove themselves reliable.
Not necessarily my experience with semi autos, but nonetheless it is a fair point. The OP's problem is very likely some simple thing that just needs to be ironed out. One thing I would find totally unacceptable in ANY gun is being picky on ammo. It's one thing for a gun not to like some certain brand/type of ammo, but when you have to spend a bunch of time and money to find one that DOES work with it, I'm out.

Back