testtest

Trump not convicted in the Senate

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was a massive mistake by republicans; mark my words.

Because when Trump runs again and the party aligns against him, he'll splinter the party.

IMO a massive mistake of the Dems. The Repubs that voted against Trump are well-known and have little support through-out the GOP.

Those that voted against hiim will likely be challenged in their next run, or several are in their last terms anyhow.

And I think Manchine, Dem - WV will regret his vote.

My .02

I think Hans nailed it. The GOP just killed itself. The Dems didnt cost themselves anything. The people who support them and moderate Reps were in favor of conviction and will look on it favorably. The Dems made themselves points. The Reps showed they will always bend over for trump even when he refuses to call off a mob of insurrectionists who want to kill them. That only appeals to a small percentage of voters. I'm surprised Mitch played it this way. Im not surprised about Lindsey.

IMO a massive mistake of the Dems. The Repubs that voted against Trump are well-known and have little support through-out the GOP.

Those that voted against hiim will likely be challenged in their next run, or several are in their last terms anyhow.

And I think Manchine, Dem - WV will regret his vote.

My .02
Talyn: I concur...the 7 Repubs are on shaky ground, if not quite in quicksand...
HansG: if Mr Trump runs again and the party aligns against him then he in fact won’t be running. Not Repub anyway...Or am I missing something?

How incredible, 43 Republican Senator vote not guilty and then then the Republican Minority Leader of the Senate, Mitch McConnell who voted not guilty, gets up and gives a speech on the senate floor condemning Trump for inciting that insurrection. The swamp is alive and well in Washington D.C. and larger and deeper than ever. American politics is amazing.

Talyn: I concur...the 7 Repubs are on shaky ground, if not quite in quicksand...
HansG: if Mr Trump runs again and the party aligns against him then he in fact won’t be running. Not Repub anyway...Or am I missing something?
He'd siphon off Rep voters if he runs as a third party candidate. If he runs as a Rep he'll cause moderates to vote Dem again or not vote. They made a big mistake.

How incredible, 43 Republican Senator vote not guilty and then then the Republican Minority Leader of the Senate, Mitch McConnell who voted not guilty, gets up and gives a speech on the senate floor condemning Trump for inciting that insurrection. The swamp is alive and well in Washington D.C. and larger and deeper than ever. American politics is amazing.
Mitch is something else. All he cares about is power. Don't try to figure him out much beyond that.

This was a massive mistake by republicans; mark my words.

Because when Trump runs again and the party aligns against him, he'll splinter the party.
The Republican Party is already split. And is ALWAYS split. Because Republicans are allowed to think for themselves and are not threatened if they don’t go with the leadership like the Democrats.

7 Republicans voted to convict Trump. 43 voted to acquit him. The numbers are on Trump’s side. And on the side of the Constitution, IMO. Those 7 are in trouble, not the 43.

He'd siphon off Rep voters if he runs as a third party candidate. If he runs as a Rep he'll cause moderates to vote Dem again or not vote. They made a big mistake.
Sounds like you maybe nervous if he runs again or why else would you care what happens to the Republican party in the future....🤣
Screenshot_20210213-165158_Firefox.jpg

Last edited:
The Republican Party is already split. And is ALWAYS split. Because Republicans are allowed to think for themselves and are not threatened if they don’t go with the leadership like the Democrats.

7 Republicans voted to convict Trump. 43 voted to acquit him. The numbers are on Trump’s side. And on the side of the Constitution, IMO. Those 7 are in trouble, not the 43.
Pennsylvania Senator Toomey has already stated he isn’t running for re-election. If true, he had nothing to lose but respect among Pa. Trump supporters.

As a conservative I can already attest to the fact that the Republican Party is dead.

I wouldn’t vote for any “republican” except for a handful.

This great experiment is on its last legs IMO.

Thinking damage done on both sides of isle?
Have talked with some Democrats, Independents and Republicans who will not be voting Democratic in any of next elections due to what they said was a "Trump witch-hunt by Democrats that just wasted voters time and money with dog and pony shows while they could have been doing more productive work or their jobs elected for." Or, another "was the complete political welfare system at play - milking the public again."

Thoughts of Trump running in third party next presidential election? Could be an eye opener? Maybe 1st time in many years any 3rd party stood much chance? He carries, carried a lot of votes for many reasons. "United we stand, divided we fall" come to mind? A lot can happen in a few years? Good or not so much, last election was a real eye-opener for sure and so were impeachment proceedings by showing coats of many colors. So, who knows what?

What happens; happens for a reason.
Washington politics is for sure a 💩 show and it won’t get any better anytime soon. The American people listened what was shoveled by the Democrats during the last election and bought it hook line and sinker. This country is in trouble, big trouble.
I’ve been a Republican for most of life, well I’m done with that. No I’m not going to the Democrats however independent has an awesome ring to it. My concern is not for me, my concern is where this country is going for my sons and other young people.
What happened at the capital was horrendous, unfortunately I believe it’s only the beginning. And if it happens again the fallout will be bad for everyone.

Last edited:
What happens; happens for a reason.
Washington politics is for sure a 💩 show and it won’t get any better anytime soon. The American people listened what was shoveled by the Democrats during the last election and bought it hook line and sinker. This country is in trouble, big trouble.
Agreed. There's always a reason.
Good reason, good quality or not, is another thing?
Thinking and listening was/is sometimes optional?

While some Americans bought the bs shoveled, some still don't and won't buy it.
Yes, am thinking country may still be in trouble big time too.
Also thinking is partially why Trump was elected in 1st place.

Trump's legal problems may be far from over. I expect his detractors to keep chipping away. To me it's really up to conservative primary voters as to whether or not he runs again as a Republican. The chance any conservative has in winning the Republican nod in 2024 will hinge on how screwed up the country is after several years of progressive programs, loss of jobs, tax increases, and a declining economy. I'm hoping that those middle class folks who couldn't stomach Trump will quickly become fed up with the progressives, and will seek a change in direction. Maybe then conservatives can reorganize and gain the momentum necessary to take back the House as well as the Senate as soon as 2022. Until then state elections are front and center.

mj

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back