Ukraine… Will Russia Invade ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerFord1977

SAINT
Founding Member
Lets hear it.
Forum thoughts?

I say Putin goes for it. What does he have to lose? Stern warnings, Pipeline cancel? He doesnt care.
Remember, Putin is old school KGB. He doesn't expect the west to challenge him militarily. Sanctions, he could care less.

US, Canada, France, Germany , etc, could send 5000 troops to Ukraine for “exercises”. Not enough to defend, but enough to put NATO troops in harms way for Russia to rethink

This is going to happen, sooner or later. Putin had had his eye on the Ukraine for years. The big question is do we and NATO want to stare down the barrel at Russian regulars?

If we do get involved in the Ukraine does it provide China with the perfect timing to make a move on Taiwan?

This is going to happen, sooner or later. Putin had had his eye on the Ukraine for years. The big question is do we and NATO want to stare down the barrel at Russian regulars?

If we do get involved in the Ukraine does it provide China with the perfect timing to make a move on Taiwan?
I think if we step in on Ukraine, it shows China we have resolve.
All talk on Ukraine leaves the door open for other nations to do as they see fit.
Adversaries and allies

Yes, if it happens, I'm sure it will be very messy. I'd bet that Russia and China will coordinate their respective invasions banking on the hunch that we'll have to defend one or the other, but not both. None of the European countries want a war with Russia. They don't want face WWII type destruction. Besides, the Germans would freeze to death since that's where their oil comes from. After our retreat from Afghanistan who would want to throw in with us. I'm afraid that hard times are ahead!

Our enemies sense weakness in the White House and Congress. It is a dangerous time. Our Space Force presents a serious deterrent but miscalculation on either side could provide a spark. The irony is that we could choke Russia off by reversing Biden's energy fiasco.
This current situation is very worrisome and frankly Putin has no fear or concern from the current United States Administration, unfortunately we have shown weakness and other countries have picked up on that and will exploit that.
If Russia invades the Ukraine and/or China attacks Taiwan honestly what are we going to do? Rhetorical question, if the US attempts to defend either attacked/invaded country it would be a catastrophe and absolutely no one would be the winner.
Is Russia posturing? Possibly, frankly I trust and more worried about the leaders of China than I’m worried about Russia however if we go to war with either then millions of people will die.
This is frankly a lose lose.

Odds are high due to Crimea inaction and current weakness. If Ukraine wasn't so historically corrupt, they would have a better chance with support. Of course China is watching closely. Politicians have frequently thought of the US as the world's police. We are so afraid of offending China because we are highly dependent on them, I would be surprised if we stood with Taiwan.

An evil/aggressive power is only ever stopped by a greater/righteous power, with the courage to use that power.
Old/ weak/fearful/indecisive leaders, hot air, puffed out chest, threats, press releases, are not feared and ignored by Rouge nations just as the mean gangsta punk will snicker at a bluff.

Hong Kong; gone. Taiwan; we will abandon you. Who wants a coward for an ally anyway?

Research, design, build/manufacture AT HOME. Depend on no other nation. Turn off the foreign aid $pigot to all who are against us. War hurts the decent populace, the Tyrants and Political Class always dine well.

"We can support our allies with supplies," Failed policy.

"It's always about the economics and power", Correct; Always more, for the wealthy who are in power.

"if we go to war with either then millions of people will die".
Die in Honorable/Courageous opposition or in slow misery under the boot of the oppressor?

"He doesn't expect the west to challenge him militarily." And we won't, nor CCP either.

"Our enemies sense weakness in the White House and Congress." Plus they have correctly accessed the same for Top Brass/ Pentagon and the Intel Community.

Obama put a line in the sand.
Biden wants to put a line in the snow, but Putin is an old school KGB and fears no one.
This could get real ugly real fast.
We can support our allies with supplies, but leave our troops home.
The current administration couldn’t put a line on anything even with a wide tip marker and whether we send troops or not supplying weapons to one side or the other makes us complicit and part of the problem. We need to STOP thinking of ourselves as the police force for the world, we have enough issues here at home.

Its a relatively low-risk operation to Putin. America has completely collapsed and has no credibility as a global hegemon. Biden is weak. NATO is politically divided with France and Germany essentially begging for Russian oil. The Ukranians themselves do not possess the military or economic capability to defend against a Russian incursion, and Putin is basically getting his way with the opening of the Nordstream pipeline. This also seems to be coordinated with Chinese intentions on Taiwan while Iran is enriching uranium to weapon's grade status. This is the most potentially dangerous period in foreign politics that I have witnessed in my lifetime.

Maybe it should be tit for tat. Tell Putin if he moves on the Ukrainians then that opens the door for the US to move on Cuba and Venezuela. Putin doesn't want NATO on his border and we don't want Russia or China maintaining military on ours.
We should have "moved" on Cuba shortly after the missile crisis. How is it we have allowed the Cuban population to suffer so long on our back stoop?

Please tell me how this is supposed to work. After the Afghanistan debacle our EU allies have already stated that we are on our own in any conflicts we get involved in while Dumb and Dumber are filling the 2 top seats in the nation. So, Biden is going to threaten economic penalties on Putin? Yeah right, even if the EU was with us, half of the them need Russian oil to get through the winter. If Biden had not all but shutdown our oil industry we could've done something about it by supplying cheap oil to maybe bring the EU back on board. All of our enemies know that our POTUS has neither the mental nor physical ability to successfully win this game. While all this is playing out Xi is building up for his assault on Taiwan.
How to destroy the USA is playing out in real time and looking to get even worse!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back