testtest

Unbelievable

What I want to know is how they're going to go about identifying who's "high risk of shooting someone". Are they going to go to people who've actually shot someone, and be like, don't go to jail, here's some money, just don't do it again? Or are they gonna be racist, and just go to inner city communities, and be like you're a minority, and you're living below the poverty line, thus you're at high risk of shooting someone, so here's some money to not shoot anyone OK?

What I want to know is how they're going to go about identifying who's "high risk of shooting someone". Are they going to go to people who've actually shot someone, and be like, don't go to jail, here's some money, just don't do it again? Or are they gonna be racist, and just go to inner city communities, and be like you're a minority, and you're living below the poverty line, thus you're at high risk of shooting someone, so here's some money to not shoot anyone OK?
Seems like if they know the 10 highest risk people, 90% of the work is done. If you are able to identify the 10 WORST in a population that size, I would think you would clearly want to lock THEM up.

I agree, it's going to take just one of these "civilian" life coaches or violence interrupters to get shot and that will be the end of it. I would think communities would start rising up about "sending and unarmed person into a violent situation". Think about what happens when an innocent doctor, lawyer, teacher, someone walking down the street, gets shot......and as I thought more...and edited this....how long until a municipality gets sued over sending one of these civilians into an environment that was "clearly" unsafe.

Last edited:
I think there's a plan in NY city to pay up to $1,000/mo to keep bad kids from acting out the bad. In other words it's supposed to pay "at risk" kids to stay out of trouble and not do bad things.

Bullchit .......... I know a much better and simpler way to help keep "at risk" gangsta's from doing bad things. Lock their young azzes up for a substantial amount of time, at least enough time that they understand they don't want to go back.

Yeh, yeh, I know all about rehabilitation ....... but punishment is also one of the 5 goals of incarceration. Unfortunately it only works if applied surely, swiftly, and severely. Our courts (in general) have not been doing that for a long time.

This is California at its best.

Yeah, I read this yesterday too Keystone. I also read that a NYC councilwoman proposed to have victims of some crimes, sit down and “work it out”, with their perpetuator. As an example, if someone was beaten and robbed of their phone, they would sit down with the perp, and each would explain how they felt and how they could resolve their conflicts. She said, then police won’t have to get involved. I loved the responses she got from other council members like “are you insane”, and “that wouldn’t work”. etc. but she insisted it would and reference that’s it’s working in California.
I just shook my head, and tried to calm myself at all the madness that‘s happening in a lot of these places. 😡😆

Back