testtest

Update 03/01/2020.....Tumblers..... Going round and round!

SMSgtRod

Professional
Founding Member
I'm using a Thumbler Tumbler. I like it for it's capacity but it really is annoying to have to put on and take
off the six wing nuts and washers on the lid.

Anybody using a large capacity tumbler that you like? Sure would like to know.

I don’t know how many cases Thumbler can handle, but they are the most loved tumblers, if forum posts are to be believed.
I use a F.A.R.T. when wet tumbling. The capacity is very impressive, though I may have overloaded it the last time. The instructions provide a weight limit versus a specific count of cases. I had over 1500 9mm cases in there last time around.
I recently picked up the screen inserts which fit right under the caps on either side. They are metal mesh screens captive in a hard rubber ring. This allows you to pour all of the dirty fluids out with zero chance of losing pins or cases, then rinse right through the screens. I usually just refill the case with fresh water and re-tumble for about 5 minutes to get any residual crud out. They put out a reduced cost model recently, which I don’t need, but I like the new lids...which are compatible and also available as an add-on.

I don’t know how many cases Thumbler can handle, but they are the most loved tumblers, if forum posts are to be believed.
I use a F.A.R.T. when wet tumbling. The capacity is very impressive, though I may have overloaded it the last time. The instructions provide a weight limit versus a specific count of cases. I had over 1500 9mm cases in there last time around.
I recently picked up the screen inserts which fit right under the caps on either side. They are metal mesh screens captive in a hard rubber ring. This allows you to pour all of the dirty fluids out with zero chance of losing pins or cases, then rinse right through the screens. I usually just refill the case with fresh water and re-tumble for about 5 minutes to get any residual crud out. They put out a reduced cost model recently, which I don’t need, but I like the new lids...which are compatible and also available as an add-on.
I'm going to check that out now......
Update: Have a F.A.R.T. in the CART!!! (y) :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
New tumbler is all plugged up and ready to go.......
I’ve never tried to see how short a period I could run it. I just turn the timer dial to 3 and let it run. I watch for a few rotations to ensure it’s not leaking, then I walk away. Three hours later I pick it up, rinse it out, run the brass through the rotary media separator, then dump the brass on an old towel to start the drying, as well as to recover a stray pin or two. I often dump the brass onto a large brownie sheet for oven drying...45 minutes at 145 degrees, then allow to cool overnight. I dump the pins into a huge stainless skillet and cook the moisture out of them on medium heat. I use a paper towel to blot up moisture, wringing it out frequently, and I use a bamboo spatula to stir the pins. When the pins slide effortlessly around the skillet without clumping they’re completely dry. I toss them back into the large bucket I got with the media separator, and keep them in motion until I’I’m confident they won’t melt the repurposed peanut container I store them in.
It sounds like a lot of work as I write this, but it works for me...or did until I just got my ultrasonic cleaner. I‘ll decide on a case by case basis which approach to take going forward. Likely ultrasonic for pistol, wet pins for rifle or necked cases

Have washed my first load with my new Frankford Arsenal Platinum Series Rotary Tumbler for Cleaning and Polishing Brass for Reloading.
This unit spins like crazy compared to the Thumbler Tumbler. But then it may be that the TT is really for rocks.
Half the time, 2 hours has the brass looking as I like it.
Wonderful having the screw caps on each end rather than the wing nuts. Very easy to open and close.
I purchased the strainers and it's handy to be able to rinse the load straight through the tumbler body.
Nice to have a timer so I don't have to try and remember what time the load is finished. Or setting an
alarm clock.
Lastly, if you lack anything to do while the brass is cleaning both ends are clear so you can sit and watch
the brass go round!!

I give this a 5 🌟 rating. (y)

15831222389593020316707982364746.jpg
It's usually 2 to 3 hours and air dry 6 to 12.

What did you use for media? Is this just brass, water, and dawn/lemishine? Or do you have pins or ceramic chips in as well?
Soups on......what.....TEXAS.....no bbq?........lol....I never used a wet system like this to clean my brass, I just used corn cob media, your results look good.
I used hot water and RCBS ultrasonic/rotary case cleaning solution, 40:1 mixture. I didn't want too pay for another cleaner, so I thought what the heck I'll try it another way! BBQ sauce was off the ingredients list. Sorry Annihilator maybe next time for you! Don't rinse was what sealed the deal for me on this decision. It works with room temp water also, but it takes longer. I had about 1,500 9mm cases in 1 batch and the 50ae was about 500. 160oz of water and 4oz of solution and no baking!

Back