testtest

Used Truck Prices

The RCSB Tundra seem to be holding their value pretty well, especially low production RWD examples with 5.7 V8s (less than 800 were built from 2007 to 2010) ... Call me crazy, but I just turned down a cash offer of $13,000 for my rust free 2007 that has 306,000 miles on it.
IMG_8467 (4).JPG

Long live the long door short bed Tundra!

i do not "need" a truck, but i'd like to have one.

i have had pick up trucks for years, then stopped and got cars instead.

that all being said, the used truck prices here in New England are freaking crazy high, like a Toyota 2 wd Tacoma with over 290,000 miles, and they want like $8,000..they can kiss my grits.

new truck prices??? unless i just hit the Mega Millions for over 1 BILLION dollars, forgedaboudit.......

(and NO, i did not hit the 1 BILLION dollar Mega Millions)

That Tundra is nice. Toys are notorious for rust in the Salt Belt Midwest especially earlier models but the engine and drivetrain is tops. When I had a F150 single cab and found the 4.6L great but needed more interior and bed space.

Recently the local Ford dealer sent me on a carfax that informed me my ‘13 F150 SC 4x4 50,000 mi has a trade-in value of $13,000, seemed fair. So for curiosity put the vin# into the carvana website and they offered $17,000. Probably a different story when you show up ready to sell expecting a clean sales transfer and a check in your hand.

Who would ever think that one day someone could ‘shop’ for best trade-in value or resale value. Used to be that trade values were by the book, maybe few hundred bucks between dealers, then the negotiated value whittled down by the dealer shenanigans.

That said, if the dealer is offering is $X, then the retail $ on the lot is $XXX. Then theres the current inflated prices with markups and paying above sticker on new vehicles or factory orders.

I too don’t need a truck but had three for the past 20 yrs, this 2013 F150 has both rockers slowly succumbing to salt.

2017 F250 purchased new off a dealership lot for $49,900 great condition XLT aluminum body won’t rust.
Checked Kelly Bluebook in January for retail sale value, 60K miles $42,000

Checked again at the beginning of June, went up $1,000.00 with a full tank of gas.
Back in the fall of 2016 my son had his truck serviced and they gave him a loaner, brand new 2016 F350 XLT Gas V8 option loaded, they wanted $39k for it and probably could of had it for that out the door.
He said they couldn’t sell it because not many wanted the gas engine and it was sitting all year after buyer reneged. I passed on it and still kick myself. I never knew Dealers quickly sold every 250/350 SC on the lots especially diesels out in the boonies.

No one has inquired if I wanted to sell a vehicle, but I get several calls a week wanting to know if I'm interested in selling my house. Any of you get those?
About a week ago I did get a call asking if I wanted to sell my property in Connecticut, I thought quickly and asked which one? He rattled off an address in a town I never heard of, I said no I’m going to hang on to that one for my son and hung up.
I blocked his number and googled the address he gave me. It was a cemetery in Massachusetts. 😂😂

About a week ago I did get a call asking if I wanted to sell my property in Connecticut, I thought quickly and asked which one? He rattled off an address in a town I never heard of, I said no I’m going to hang on to that one for my son and hung up.
I blocked his number and googled the address he gave me. It was a cemetery in Massachusetts. 😂😂
hey, that's enough land to build a high rise condo on these days.

hey, that's enough land to build a high rise condo on these days.
I’m not even going to joke about selling something I don’t own, it was a scam for sure.

Phone calls I love.
Phone rings, I answer, hello, caller says this is Mr. Green calling on a recorded line. My response is, great I’m recording also, and tell Mrs Brown who called yesterday my answer is still no and hang up.

I’m not even going to joke about selling something I don’t own, it was a scam for sure.

Phone calls I love.
Phone rings, I answer, hello, caller says this is Mr. Green calling on a recorded line. My response is, great I’m recording also, and tell Mrs Brown who called yesterday my answer is still no and hang up.
yes, i am sure it was a scam.

i don't know the housing market where you are, but up here, the past year, houses for sale dwindled to near nothing, making all others that are available, nearly tripled in value.

houses in my "hood" alone, that used to sell for about $350,000 were being sold for $800,000...as a result, the city in its infinite wisdom, hired a contractor to "re-evaluate" all the homes.....mine is now valued at $700,000, will i get that money..??

i dunno...but ya wanna know what i did get...??

a HUGE spike in my property tax bill......

with land/homes so scarce up here, YES, a cemetary, even just a 4 person burial plot IS enough land nowadays, to build a high rise condo on it.

you'd be surprised in what a builder/investor can build on a postage sized lot up here.

Vehicle prices are still out of this world! Wait till prices drop, and they will, then many owners will be so upside down they will have to drive em for 10 years!
same thing with the prices of homes up here....

sure, the Mrs and i can sell, and get a good price, but where do we go for same money, or less..???

a lot of these nit-wits buying these homes at nearly triple the price will have a huge nut to crack when the market dives again. i can foresee lots of foreclosures

same thing with the prices of homes up here....

sure, the Mrs and i can sell, and get a good price, but where do we go for same money, or less..???

a lot of these nit-wits buying these homes at nearly triple the price will have a huge nut to crack when the market dives again. i can foresee lots of foreclosures

It's already happening brother. Look at interest rates. The days of 45 people lining up to bid 50k over asking on every house that hits the market are over.

Recently sold/purchased a truck. The wife and I are in the process of getting a fifth wheel so I needed to get a 3/4 or 1 ton truck. The 1/2 ton F-150 Lariat Fx4 brought slightly more than I financed in 1/20. Finding a truck was very difficult but found a 2021 Ram 2500 4x4 limited 6.4 Hemi on Car Max which I purchased. I was in the process of ordering a truck when I found the Ram. Ordering was going to be the best way to get a truck IMO but you were looking at 3-5 months which I could have lived with. Dealers in my area were very good on honoring their trade in value for the duration of delivery time. Some items in the packages weren't available but would be added later at the dealer when they became available.

All
No one has inquired if I wanted to sell a vehicle, but I get several calls a week wanting to know if I'm interested in selling my house. Any of you get those?
All the time I also have a rental they send me pictures of it on a post card offering me a cash offer on it

Back