testtest

Very Disappointed...☹️

Should the instigator get banned from good threads

• Yes

Votes: 17 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Actually some forums will shadow ban them then watch how they post and permanent ban them after they continue to be problematic.

Anyone aware of what a shadow ban is?

Wow urban dictionary is ruthless...😳

Now that could be a new dance 💃
1629597381434.gif

Yep, here is @10mmLife demonstrating his version…….🤪🤪🤪🤪….I know I went off topic again….may not happen again

I hear what your saying but this threads point is that an instigator can take a thread off topic quickly in a negative way and the OP ends up with their thread shutdown.

My comments in this post are not intended to argue against anything you said and to only show the intent of the topic in this current thread that discusses dealing with instigators.
I hear what you're saying as well. I probably should have followed instructions and offered my opinion, which is to give them the hook.

Hey does anyone remember when BAN was just a deodorant? I love being able to read and post on this site. And when I have had a long tiring day I love going to the jokes page . Never fails to make me smile. Only downside for me is I will never get to meet you guys in person. But this is a site that definitely needs to continue to be taken care of. I have found links to some truly interesting articles and stories I somehow missed while raising my three sons, Thank you to all you guys that make up this site. GOD Bless.

Instigators are never the ones that are properly pulled aside and asked to refrain from further comment.
A few people often respond in a combative style.
I agree.
I am on another site and after a heated discussion I got called a communist.
I referred that comment to the mods and was told to work it out in a pm.
I have found that those that get free reign on comments and not punished are usually the ones that have been members a long time with a bunch of posts.
For those reasons I limit my comments.
Hopefully that is not the case here.

As I said when I joined this forum, I am here to learn and to share what I know. I have learned much. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here who have well founded opinions on matters of mutual interest. A post can take off in directions unforeseen by the author, and differences of opinions can and will occur. I enjoy seeing other points of view in a bonhomous discussion, but when it turns pugnacious, I will be spending my time elsewhere.

As I said when I joined this forum, I am here to learn and to share what I know. I have learned much. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here who have well founded opinions on matters of mutual interest. A post can take off in directions unforeseen by the author, and differences of opinions can and will occur. I enjoy seeing other points of view in a bonhomous discussion, but when it turns pugnacious, I will be spending my time elsewhere.
Thanks too your post my head hurts and google dictionary is on speed dial? With some post you began too wonder or find out which end of a horse they're on!

Hey does anyone remember when BAN was just a deodorant? I love being able to read and post on this site. And when I have had a long tiring day I love going to the jokes page . Never fails to make me smile. Only downside for me is I will never get to meet you guys in person. But this is a site that definitely needs to continue to be taken care of. I have found links to some truly interesting articles and stories I somehow missed while raising my three sons, Thank you to all you guys that make up this site. GOD Bless.
Welcome aboard!

Welcome aboard!

This site has been well maintained from the start with a lot of the members instantly clicking and sharing respectful knowledge & humour while also being welcoming to new members.

There have been a few bad apples on here from time to time but they typically get weeded out pretty quickly.
A few bad apples is inevitable on a public forum that is free to join but how long they are are allowed to stay is a different matter as the mods here are pretty quick to step to deal with a troublemaker and sometimes a good thread can be closed due to a few unwanted comments from a troublemaker.

Back