testtest

Very Disappointed...☹️

Should the instigator get banned from good threads

• Yes

Votes: 17 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Pugnacious.A really cute doggie. Am I right or am I ???
Pugnacious, yup you're right.... :)
OMG. It's PUGS IN FANCY DRESS.

Hey guys, I used to give my students extra credit points for each 3 syllable word they used in an essay. :)
Was taught to learn at least one new word daily. Did so for years, was nice, learned quite a bit.
Later, met a college instructor that taught best way to effectively communicate with people is to use the language they commonly use. That speaking above or below them to actually communicate sometimes serves little purpose. Fancy words are nice to know and sometimes use, but don't always work in the ways intended. KISS usually works best.

Was taught to learn at least one new word daily. Did so for years, was nice, learned quite a bit.
Later, met a college instructor that taught best way to effectively communicate with people is to use the language they commonly use. That speaking above or below them to actually communicate sometimes serves little purpose. Fancy words are nice to know and sometimes use, but don't always work in the ways intended. KISS usually works best.
The experts say there are about 800 words we use in an average day even though we may speak a total of about 7,000 words daily. Sometimes murdering the King English is the best way to communicate; however, in school your teachers wanted you to improve your overall vocab in order to improve reading comprehension. They wanted you to be prepared for the SATs or The Miller Analogies Test or as I call it "the 500 words you never knew were in the English language test". If you remember that huge dictionary about a foot thick that most high school libraries had on display that's the only place you'd have seen most of them.

I think we need to rely on the judgement of the moderators in dealing with an 'instigator'. It would also help if we had a definition of the term 'instigator' as it applies to this forum. My apologies if one was posted. I read or scanned most of the posts, but may have missed it.
I did not clearly define the term to how I interpret it but I refer to an instigator as someone who makes insulting comments towards other members or intentionally tries to create a verbally combative situation by baiting members into an argument with the end game of causing division and a shuttered thread.
This has happened to a few threads that were deleted previously that were posted by a few different members where the instigator caused enough issue to get a thread closed.

I'm all for hearing different opinions and having respectful open debate on topics, though I feel that there are some people that enjoy creating drama for their own enjoyment.

My idea of a better way to deal with what I deem an instigator would for that person to be removed from the thread and be warned. If the behavior continues maybe a suspension or permanent ban in extreme cases.

Just my thoughts.

I did not clearly define the term to how I interpret it but I refer to an instigator as someone who makes insulting comments towards other members or intentionally tries to create a verbally combative situation by baiting members into an argument with the end game of causing division and a shuttered thread.
This has happened to a few threads that were deleted previously that were posted by a few different members where the instigator caused enough issue to get a thread closed.

I'm all for hearing different opinions and having respectful open debate on topics, though I feel that there are some people that enjoy creating drama for their own enjoyment.

My idea of a better way to deal with what I deem an instigator would for that person to be removed from the thread and be warned. If the behavior continues maybe a suspension or permanent ban in extreme cases.

Just my thoughts.
Agree ☝️☝️100%

I'm late because I didn't get my invitation.🤨 I will say, a thread I participated in a while back was getting a bit heated. Okie pew pew throttled it back by closing it to further comment for a while. I thought that to be a good move. It gave everyone a moment to think about what they were saying and how it might be interpreted. 🤐
Contrary to my opinions joining this group, I am constantly amazed by the number of folks who have what i would call liberal viewpoints. 😖 This, to me, is shocking as we are a 2A community. I never thought I would observe such a diverse group within a group. It's no secret I'm as far right as it gets. I don't expect others to agree with me 100% of the time (even though I'm right) 😁 It's just the way the mop flops. I try to be respectful of others point of view. That doesn't mean I'm not gonna try to bring them into the light.😇

Does syllable count as a 3 syllable word. And while I just went off topic do you know of a shorter word for the word abbreviation. lol
Sooooo offff topic , but informative :unsure: :ROFLMAO:(y). My kids received their class schedule for the year and I thought they (school) abbreviated a teacher's last name Krk. I was talking to the mo-in-law (who is a teacher herself) and asked her about that. Her reply was she was tought only to believe that there needs too have at least 1 vowel to make a word? I agreed. Well the name is pronounced Kirk. I'm still learning!

I agree 100% with this .
This is someone else's forum but I don't see a reason to delete a whole thread because of one or two people just want to bait and cause trouble. Take care of the trouble makers and leave the thread to run its course.

The problem is, what some call "baiting" and "causing trouble" is actually just having and voicing an opposing viewpoint.

Despite claims of "listening to other viewpoints", a lot of folks can't stand to have their opinions challenged, and cry "trolling" when they are.

See it all the time here; someone voices an opinion that goes against what other people post, someone says "this is getting too political" an frets about the thread getting locked.

Strange, but you don't see that in other, blatantly political threads where everyone is just nodding and agreeing...wonder why.

The problem is, what some call "baiting" and "causing trouble" is actually just having and voicing an opposing viewpoint.

Despite claims of "listening to other viewpoints", a lot of folks can't stand to have their opinions challenged, and cry "trolling" when they are.

See it all the time here; someone voices an opinion that goes against what other people post, someone says "this is getting too political" an frets about the thread getting locked.

Strange, but you don't see that in other, blatantly political threads where everyone is just nodding and agreeing...wonder why.
The topic is about instigators labeling or accusing other members of something as a form of insult and also trying to bait someone into an argument or just plain ol' directly insulting them.

This thread it's not about people having a difference of opinion.

A prime example would be when I had a disagreement with a sister inlaw about gun control and I said there's too many gun laws right now already on the books and the sister inlaw stated “so you think kids in school should have guns" even though the topic had zero to do with kids and guns nor was that topic previously discussed and then she went on to state she cannot deal with right wing people to try and silence me.

Would that be a disagreement of opinion or an accusatory statement?

Another example would be to openly accuse someone of supporting an extremist group, regime or political cause as a way to put them on defense to lash out.

This thread was not created to cause any argument and it was only created to hear opinions on an issue that plagues many forums.

And several of us (members) that have been on here from the get go get threads shut down without heated debate and/or simply just stating facts and/or opinions. It has brought the staff and not the mods for new or updated rules that too us has been a little over the top? Forget fear and fretting it just happens here! When fun (jokes 1.0) turned political funnies into a thread shut down (ability to post anyway) and small fires keep popping up that really (to most) wasn't a big deal. We've seen what happens and know it can get there with 1 or 2 not so wrongfully post?

The topic is about instigators labeling or accusing other members of something as a form of insult and also trying to bait someone into an argument or just plain ol' directly insulting them.

This thread it's not about people having a difference of opinion.

A prime example would be when I had a disagreement with a sister inlaw about gun control and I said there's too many gun laws right now already on the books and the sister inlaw stated “so you think kids in school should have guns" even though the topic had zero to do with kids and guns nor was that topic previously discussed and then she went on to state she cannot deal with right wing people to try and silence me.

Would that be a disagreement of opinion or an accusatory statement?

Another example would be to openly accuse someone of supporting an extremist group, regime or political cause as a way to put them on defense to lash out.

This thread was not created to cause any argument and it was only created to hear opinions on an issue that plagues many forums.

Uh-huh.

Back