testtest

Very good news for VA gun owners

Oh absolutely, there won’t be any new anti-2A legislation proposed and certainly not passed.

And the new AG is a Republican, so any interpretation around enforcing existing anti-2A laws will be made by him. Only can be goodness there.
Iowa, where I live, is heavily blue around the state capitol and our governor is red. We recently had our rights restored to constitutional standards

Iowa, where I live, is heavily blue around the state capitol and our governor is red. We recently had our rights restored to constitutional standards
Congratulations Iowa; you mean 2A rights restored to Constitutional standards? By whose definition? Doubt it.
But if so then how about 1A rights? What will it take to remove the "socially banned" dictionary, the Cancellation News Media, and all the banning on social websites (including this one)?

Actually, I'm wondering if any of the Constitutional rights remain intact/not watered down from their original intent?

Most likely no repealing of any laws for at least 2 years. All seats in the VA Senate are elected every 4 years, so none of those seats were up for election this year. The D’s have a 4 seat majority.
As it stands now conservatives will be in the majority in the House of Delegates. The Dems have the majority in the state senate, but 2 years ago several Dems from rural areas of the state would not vote for the proposed assault weapon ban so the bill died. Many of those Dems in the senate are from areas that went totally red so they may see the writing on the board and be more inclined to make some changes that are more supportive of gun owners. It may be too early to say, but it's possible that several of the laws signed by the current governor could be amended or rewritten. Bottom line is the next 4 years will be much brighter for gun owners.

Congratulations Iowa; you mean 2A rights restored to Constitutional standards? By whose definition? Doubt it.
But if so then how about 1A rights? What will it take to remove the "socially banned" dictionary, the Cancellation News Media, and all the banning on social websites (including this one)?

Actually, I'm wondering if any of the Constitutional rights remain intact/not watered down from their original intent?
I meant to say nearly constitutional standards. For clarification, before constitutional carry passed right before Tennessee did it, one had to have a permit to purchase or carry a handgun. Standard FFL restrictions for long guns. Private transactions were okay for long guns and I'm not sure about handguns.

As it stands now conservatives will be in the majority in the House of Delegates. The Dems have the majority in the state senate, but 2 years ago several Dems from rural areas of the state would not vote for the proposed assault weapon ban so the bill died. Many of those Dems in the senate are from areas that went totally red so they may see the writing on the board and be more inclined to make some changes that are more supportive of gun owners. It may be too early to say, but it's possible that several of the laws signed by the current governor could be amended or rewritten. Bottom line is the next 4 years will be much brighter for gun owners.

"Bottom line is the next 4 years will be much brighter for gun owners".
.....and for firearm and accessory manufacturers too. Could be a win, win for many people.

Back