testtest

Virginia gun laws?

KingDiamond

Operator
Founding Member
Hey gang, I've been hearing a lot of buzz about a bunch of new gun laws being proposed in Virginia, about sanctuary counties and planned gun confiscations, etc. Is this for real? Has anyone else heard about all this? I ignored a lot of it at first since VA seems to have always had gun friendly laws and figured someone might be exagerating something. Anybody here live there and know more about what's going on?

Well, I remember that they used to have that ridiculous "one gun a month" handgun law a while back, so it's no telling what they're up to right now...

VA is getting very serious now. NRA has had a big rally there and things are about to get VERY heated over the next few days. Demo Governor is about to try and dump a WHOLE bunch of new laws on VA. Over 100 counties and municipalities have declared 2A Sanctuary. Citizens of surrounding states have vowed to assist the gun owners. Yeah, better watch the next few days
Picture of some of the folks at rally.
I am NRA.jpg

Keep an eye on Kentucky also. There's talk that new dem govenor has pre-filed bills to repeal Constitutional Carry that went into effect this past year, plus other bills to limit mag capacity, and other anti-gun bs.

VA is getting very serious now. NRA has had a big rally there and things are about to get VERY heated over the next few days. Demo Governor is about to try and dump a WHOLE bunch of new laws on VA. Over 100 counties and municipalities have declared 2A Sanctuary. Citizens of surrounding states have vowed to assist the gun owners. Yeah, better watch the next few days
Picture of some of the folks at rally.View attachment 103
Keep up the fight. We're all behind you.

A threat was made in VA to activate the National Guard to take guns. VA guard is 7500 strong by numbers I found. VA also has 750,000 Veterans of which 40% are Combat Hardened. All those Vets know how to use everything that the VANG has and more for sure. So that would be stupid to call up the guard. The guard too has the sworn duty to protect and defend the Constitution from all enemies foreign and DOMESTIC. Then to calling up the guard might be a really good thing! (y)
KY, OH and others need to start ACTING instead of reacting. Get out of the lazyboy and hit the steps of their government. Most times it only takes a demonstration of insurmountable resistance to result in surrender.
We are getting ready to take on government here in SC too. We have some cities that think they are above the
Constitution.

I believe they want to ban assault weapons, hi-capacity magazines, and some other crap. There is also a story making the rounds that the governor has asked for the money for an 18 person team to enforce these new laws. The details on this team are nonexistent and the governor isn't forthcoming with any information.

Comments have been made that should honestly be frightening to any law abiding citizen that believes in the 2nd amendment.

I get sick to my stomach when I read about Va. and KY. I have even seen an article where they were going to use UN troops. I don't know how truthful that article was and I can't believe P.O.T.U.S. would even let them set foot in America let alone start knocking on citizens doors. I also can't fathom how any guardsman in any state would be comfortable with the idea of confiscating from relatives, neighbors, friends. For all you that are going to start chirping about "following orders" remember a place called West Point around 1860 when some of the Best and brightest left??
Last but not least " Molon Labe "

Re: Kentucky, there was a mtg this morning in our county's Fiscal Court, and the subject (from what I read in a brief online local article) was about whether our county would continue to uphold the 2A laws as written. They're not currently claiming any "sanctuary" status. Results of the mtg apparently came down to see what occurs with the new (dem) governor's bills. Our local politicians aren't up for reelection until 2022, so (imo) they're not going to get in any hurry. We have a Republican mayor, as was the previous one, so we'll see how things are handled by the current one.

It is pretty bad, and new levels of crazy keep getting put into bills as the politicians try to outdo each other. Just today there were bills introduced to ban indoor shooting ranges except for police, ban open carry inside your automobile, and to make all out of state CWP holders comply with VA rules to be recognized.

It is really crazy when you look at a map at the really small parts of the state driving this nonsense. The green are the 2nd amendment sanctuaries. The black are the places that have voted down or refused to hold a vote on 2A sanctuaries. Sadly I live in that big black splotch in the middle. The joys of living in a university town.
80982053_3576847408999569_6033145267975356416_o.jpg

At the risk of sounding paranoid, I am truly beginning to get a little nervous about what the future holds. Wth is going on?

Bloomberg donated boatloads of cash this past election cycle to Pro Gun Control Va. Democrats to get them elected. The Democrates now control both the State House and Senate in Virginia. I heard that earlier in the year they were sitting down to vote on some anti gun laws, when a bunch of pro 2A Patriots came to Capitol Hill to protest the vote. The lawmakers then decided to postpone the voting for a later time. I also read that one Va. County's Sheriff would deputize all law abiding citizens so that even if the gun laws passed, these citizens would be able to still carry their firearms. He emphatically stated that this wasn't a joke, and he would seriously do this if these laws passed. I'm not familiar with all the potential laws they are trying to pass (a Virginia resident would know better than I). I feel that the liberals agenda is to keep trying to chip away at out 2A rights until it's no more. Even when the US Supreme court makes a ruling like Heller Vs. Wash. DC as a pro 2A decision, several States and their government bodies continue to ignore it and pass these unconstitutional laws. I won't be surprised when people start to rise up and say, you got your laws and we have ours. Ours being the Constitution of the United States that this great Country was founded on.

If there are any gun owners in VA (or anywhere else for that matter) who aren't members of the NRA, they need to join. Bloomberg and others have a lot of money, and the only way I see for the populace to combat that is to join forces. Whether you like the NRA or not, it is about the only organization that can stop this kind of nonsense in the courts. That is where the fight needs to be, not in the streets.

Myself and a bunch of folks in VA are more or less fed up with the NRA at the moment. They did not even spend our dear leaders wardrobe budget for the year on defending the state their own headquarters is located in. The Virginia Civil Defense League and Gun Owners of America are the ones on the front lines here.

Thank you Epeeist! I bailed on the NRA in 2007 when I had a bogus confiscation, which I got my gun back. I contacted them after belonging to them for years and got SILENCE. I contacted Gun Owners of America and within an hour had seven names/lawyers who dealt in this type of matter. I selected Mike McCormick, he won my case with ease. God Bless Mike and GOA. I have since belonged /given my money to GOA and will continue to.

I live just north of VA, in the People's Republik der Maryland. We've got some pretty dumb laws up here, but the LEOs who perform the interview process for carry applicants have good heads on their shoulders, and I work in Frederick County MD, home of Sheriff Jenkins who's a YUGE 2A supporter and has been on Fox News Channel many times for discussions.

The VA thing makes me nervous. I think things will get ugly before they get better, and I'm afraid that at least one municipality has to actually TRY to take guns, and both innocent citizens and LEOs will pay with their lives, before someone realizes "hey...this might not work like we thought it would...".

I know I just need to start being careful when I'm out on my buddy's boat in the Bay.... ;)

We all need to gather at these Rallys -bring family,friends,neighbors - Could be few short years before they kill the 2nd , a lot of us older people think NAAAA they'll will never be able to take the 2nd away from us --- Bloomberg ,
Elizabeth Warren,Bernie Sanders,etc And this nitwit BetO’Rourke*or someone like him will someday be PRESIDENT - If we don't buckle down - our Children and Grand children will suffer immensely -If they do --- A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. !!!!!!!!!!!

The news I heard on the radio today said that the Virginia legislature wants to ban all gun ranges that are not on state owned property or in state owned buildings? To me, that implies that even local police and sheriffs offices would not be able to go to anything other than a state owned range, much less civilians.

Back