testtest

WEED

At some point in one of the states with legal recreational weed, the ATF will start matching up 4407's with purchase histories at dispensaries....then things will get interesting. Maybe they're already doing it, I have no idea. Pretty sure I heard you need to submit your DL when buying weed from a dispensary.

They'll never regulated it, and get rid of the under-the-table trade since the cartels are now & will continue under cut the "legal" sell.

Also, modern weed is much more potent that the "60's" stuff, and is an additive gateway drug with known psychological & negative societal impacts when use begins early.

At some point in one of the states with legal recreational weed, the ATF will start matching up 4407's with purchase histories at dispensaries....then things will get interesting. Maybe they're already doing it, I have no idea. Pretty sure I heard you need to submit your DL when buying weed from a dispensary.
So whats the difference of going to a state legal dispensary or a liquor store in regards to purchase histories?
ATF wont match the two where legal.
No legal grounds to do so .

Well I know a lot of people that were all on fire to vote for legal weed here. I told them all they would end up having problems buying a gun. Chickens are coming home to roost.

My thoughts. I don't smoke weed, but I think it's ridiculous that it's illegal. At the same time my state is being sued by the Biden administration over our "Second Amendment Preservation Act". They are trying to invoke the clause which states that federal law trumps state law. The first problem they have is that even though we have the strongest 2A sanctuary law in the country, nothing in it nullifies federal law. It simply makes it illegal under punishment of disbarment and $50,000 fine for any state LE or regulating agency to enforce federal gun laws that do not fall under the umbrella of Missouri state gun laws. In other words, newly enacted and unconstitutional federal gun laws like the piece of crap they passed after Uvalde and the ridiculous ATF diktats regarding pistol braces and unfinished lowers. Nevertheless, Garland and the DOJ are suing. Meanwhile most states have passed weed legalization bills and many have passed illegal immigration "Sanctuary" laws and none of them are being sued. Last time I checked, weed and strolling into our country illegally were not constitutionally protected rights.

Eh, got off on a tangent. Anyway, if you're a stoner your best off to get your weed the way you always did. From the dude down the street. Getting a medical card or getting yourself into a state data base from a weed dispensary is probably not a great idea if you want to continue to buy new guns.

Well, it's legal in those states and I suspect that in not too much time it'll be legal in all of them and Federal laws will be changed to make it legal Federally. That sure seems to be the trend/direction, anyway. My original point was just that - might as well skip to the end game.
Maybe. Getting states to legalize it was way easier than it will be to get congress to legalize it. And already our state law, which was a constitutional amendment unfortunately, is so convoluted and written mostly by the weed industry that it's mind blowing the dumbasses in this state voted for it. The federal push won't be put to a national vote, it will be up to a heavily divided congress to decide. I don't know about you, but I have a hard time believing that the large bloc of congress that opposes abortion is going to be cool with legalizing weed.

The evidence is clear thst weed is an addictive drug and a hallucinogen, with some curative properties. There are legitimate medical uses under controlled circumstances.
How do you rationalize it in the legislature?
Maybe if politicians smoked weed it would cure them of having their head of their derriere on actually get something done !!

(I dont smoke weed, but to me weed is no different than someone drinking alcohol all the time. Neither are good for you in large doses )

Weed should not be legalized until there is a reliable road side test LE can use to determime if a driver is too impaired to drive. About the weed that comes from the cartels, I wonder how much fentanyl they cut it with? Seems to be more and more people dying after smoking weed, and fentanyl is said to be the reason.

It's all apart of the greater agenda to get as many Americans to the four "Ds"; Doped up, Dumbed down, in Drag & Dead as much as possible.

All the states want is another revenue source no mater what the consequences are to their citizens. The worst one are those states that legalize all drug use.

When I was kid on the wildland fire crew 90% of the crew did drugs & 50% where on something or had their brains fried already.

They all tried to get me to try stuff when at break time they would bring out their stash and lay it all out. I'd ask them what each individual stuff was that I pointed to. They'd tell me what it was; acid, coke,etc. & asked why I wanted to know.

I told them when we were on a fire & they were all doped up & ran into the flames then I could tell the investigators what they were on. They all laughed.

I never ratted on them but I made sure I always drove one of the crew vans since I didn't trust what they could be on if they were driving.

In New Mexico it is legal to buy weed. There are 13 stores in a one mile stretch here in my town. Don't see how they make money but they do. There are problems since legalization, too many to mention. You can smell weed burning almost everywhere here and it is affecting the people here. Lazy, don't want to work, want to be paid by state to stay home, want state to pay their rent, we now have to feed ALL kids here for free in our schools. When does it end. Nobody has any money but they can find the money to purchase weed. My neighbor smokes so much he doesn't know what day it is but remembers to go and buy his weed. It's a sad state of affairs. I guess i'll come right out and say it, if you smoke dope don't purchase a gun, don't carry a gun and stay away from firearms. You are a hazard to me and yourself.

So whats the difference of going to a state legal dispensary or a liquor store in regards to purchase histories?
ATF wont match the two where legal.
No legal grounds to do so .
I guess maybe because when you buy booze you do not fill out a 4473 form that says you do not use illegal drugs. While legal in your state it is still federally "illegal". Yes in my state of Illinois they most certainly tell you in your CCW class to NOT go into the dispensaries because the state will be looking for that.
I do agree that the feds need to get on board and if nothing else move it from schedule 1 or flat out make it legal.
Also while they check your license to make sure you're of age to purchase booze they do not keep the records of your purchase like they do in the weed dispensaries. You're only allowed to buy so much weed here in Illinois at a time. If you want you can buy a truck load of booze at one time, weed? That ain't happening!

Back