testtest

Well things seem to work the way they are supposed to.

Sld1959

Hellcat
Sleeping away, one of the few times I have made it past 2:30 am in years, when I am awoken at 3:15 by the dogs barking and a succession of various camera triggers. Checking footage I see someone wandering around with a flashlight.

Upon checking them out I find it is an older neighbor woman neighbor who's dog took off when they let them out. She was apologetic, and left after we looked around. Not saying I am of a suspicious nature but I did do a cursory check of things after she left.

Not how you want to be woken up on a day off. Well I am awake now...

Reteaching myself Cribbage online, been many years.

Last edited:
Doesn’t sound like a good time. I am an insomniac but when I do crash, I crash hard. I fell asleep on the couch around 8pm, tv blaring, kids running amuck but then awoken at 2am by my pups. Going upstairs in a few to hang magazine mounts on my walls in the vault to keep me busy until it’s time for work.

I need coffee

Sleeping away, one of the few times I have made it past 2:30 am in years, when I am awoken at 3:15 by the dogs barking and a succession of various camera triggers. Checking footage I see someone wandering around with a flashlight.

Upon checking them out I find it is an older neighbor woman neighbor who's dog took off when they let them out. She was apologetic, and left after we looked around. Not saying I am of a suspicious nature but I did do a cursory check of things after she left.

… does indeed sound like things worked as intended… glad u are not one to overreact - a ‘disturbance’ is not necessarily a ‘threat’ !

Wow. That is my exact scenario. Can’t remember the last time i had more than 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep.
Sometimes if I have a few cocktails I only wake up a couple time a night.

When I was young I couldn't remember any of my dreams after I woke up so I trained myself to remember them by waking up and immediately writing them down. I was young and stupid and thought dreams were something more than your brain making up stories to keep itself occupied while you sleep ( spoiler alert, that is exactly what they are). Anyway, as a consequence I now remember every single dream I have in vivid detail. There seems to be no way around this except the aforementioned cocktails before bed. So I have nightmares almost every night. The only tiny little silver lining is that my dreams are almost all lucid, meaning I know they are dreams as it is happening and i am generally able to control my actions. You know, magically have a gun in my hand or jump to an entirely different scene. Most of my nightmares though aren't physical things like being attacked or whatever though and even in lucid dreams there is no way to turn emotions on and off. So yeah, it sucks. Couple that with my back hurting, my arms going numb and my apparent need to wake up to smoke a cigarette and a decent night's sleep just isn't in the cards for me.

When I was young I couldn't remember any of my dreams after I woke up so I trained myself to remember them by waking up and immediately writing them down. I was young and stupid and thought dreams were something more than your brain making up stories to keep itself occupied while you sleep ( spoiler alert, that is exactly what they are). Anyway, as a consequence I now remember every single dream I have in vivid detail. There seems to be no way around this except the aforementioned cocktails before bed. So I have nightmares almost every night. The only tiny little silver lining is that my dreams are almost all lucid, meaning I know they are dreams as it is happening and i am generally able to control my actions. You know, magically have a gun in my hand or jump to an entirely different scene. Most of my nightmares though aren't physical things like being attacked or whatever though and even in lucid dreams there is no way to turn emotions on and off. So yeah, it sucks. Couple that with my back hurting, my arms going numb and my apparent need to wake up to smoke a cigarette and a decent night's sleep just isn't in the cards for me.
I don’t remember most of my dreams. Most nights i don’t think i dream. Hard to know if i don’t remember them!
My restless sleep started about 25 years ago due to stress. That then became my normal sleep pattern. On top of that having to get up to take a leak a couple times a night hasn’t helped (thanks to the natural progression of age) hasn’t helped.
When i used to drink that didn’t help me sleep. Now that i don’t drink i still wake up tired but without the headache. Hahaha.

I was diagnosed with sleep apnea years ago, but I couldn't tolerate wearing a mask and my wife couldn't sleep in the same room with either the device running or me snoring. So, I left it basically untreated for a number of years. The drug store night guards gave me some relief, but not a real solution. During this time, I became diabetic and developed heart issues. About 6 years ago the problem grew worse. I was having bad dreams on a nightly basis to the point that it would take an hour or so before I could get back to sleep. It got to the point that I had to go back to the sleep center for another study. They found while the sleep apnea was moderate, when I stop breathing my blood pressure shot up causing an adrenaline surge. This process caused the terrible nightmares and a pounding heart that jolted me awake. The solution was a customized mouthguard or oral appliance that helps open the upper airway and greatly improves breathing. The result is that I now get about 5 hours of sleep until the need to visit the bathroom wakes me up. I now have vivid dreams like I did as a kid. Hardly ever have a bad dream that wakes me up. From what I've read here, it sounds like some may experiencing what I used to go through.

I’m a big fan of Cribbage.
Play it with the family a lot

I am with you brother I haven’t had a decent nite sleep in years I am older then you but damn can’t sleep like when I was younger it does suck

I am up as well.

I heard a couple of nuts posting on this Forum. Does it every time.

😄😂 😇
1650041041085.png

Back