testtest

what a low life

I despise Alec Baldwin but I don't think he's all that far out there.

Someone put live ammunition (that shouldn't have even been on the set) in that gun.

Alec Baldwin just happened to be the guy that picked that gun up.

His behavior in terms of firearm safety was abysmal but a loaded gun, that wasn't supposed to be loaded, that no one knew was loaded was an accident that was going to happen sooner or later

His behavior in terms of firearm safety was abysmal but a loaded gun, that wasn't supposed to be loaded, that no one knew was loaded was an accident that was going to happen sooner or later
Someone hands you a gun, you safely check if/what it's loaded with, movie set or not. Seems like a pretty basic and simple rule to follow. Baldwin may not be entirely to blame, but he's also not blameless.

And I'm not sure that "no one knew it was loaded." Someone loaded it. It also sounds like the firearm safety in general was terrible on this project. Baldwin was the producer, with decades of experience being on movie sets and seeing how things should be done properly. I don't think he can just put the blame on other people in this case.

Someone hands you a gun, you safely check if/what it's loaded with, movie set or not. Seems like a pretty basic and simple rule to follow. Baldwin may not be entirely to blame, but he's also not blameless.

And I'm not sure that "no one knew it was loaded." Someone loaded it. It also sounds like the firearm safety in general was terrible on this project. Baldwin was the producer, with decades of experience being on movie sets and seeing how things should be done properly. I don't think he can just put the blame on other people in this case.

I never tried to absolve Baldwin of his fault and all this. I just said he's not the only one that screwed up

In past threads on this, some have posted Movies are a "Special" industry where talent is considered to untalented to trust with safety or have any responsibility. Thus they have no responsibility for safety.

Also Reported on this....
  • The production could not afford most movie armorers and went with a new armorer
    • (not sure if that means someone certified vs uncertified or simply someone new without a reputation)
    • (if you see a picture of the armorer, it doesn't inspire confidence )
  • They had found live ammunition on set earlier
  • They found live ammunition on set after the accident
  • They had alarming accidents on the set earlier
  • Many people in the production claimed they had been considering walking off the set because of a lack of safety

More than Baldwin screwed up, that is true, but he was a producer on this which makes him responsible for hiring the people that screwed up and the safety of the set, which had lots of warnings of a dangerous situation, but nothing reported on what the leadership did to correct the situation. But this looks like finger pointing and trying to shift blame to everyone but himself.

Last edited:
I despise Alec Baldwin but I don't think he's all that far out there.

Someone put live ammunition (that shouldn't have even been on the set) in that gun.

Alec Baldwin just happened to be the guy that picked that gun up.

I don’t agree. You pick up a weapon it is Your responsibility. Nobody else.
A single action revolver does not discharge itself.

How has he avoided any charges? Where’s the accountability?
By the law, he had to intend to shoot someone or its an accident, or so negligent in his disregard for others and very foreseeable outcome it would be manslaughter. The industry standard and the fact other people were so suppose to check, probably covers him as far as the law is concerned.

I agree with you, its utterly ridiculous he is going to point a firearm with his finger on the trigger at a camera with two people behind the Camera, he especially should have checked the weapon multiple times himself.

I think its happening in an industry where the norms are they have other people on staff that it is their responsibility is why it he's getting off. Not saying its ok, just explaining why its happening.

By the law, he had to intend to shoot someone or its an accident, or so negligent in his disregard for others and very foreseeable outcome it would be manslaughter. The industry standard and the fact other people were so suppose to check, probably covers him as far as the law is concerned.

I agree with you, its utterly ridiculous he is going to point a firearm with his finger on the trigger at a camera with two people behind the Camera, he especially should have checked the weapon multiple times himself.

I think its happening in an industry where the norms are they have other people on staff that it is their responsibility is why it he's getting off. Not saying its ok, just explaining why its happening.
All of that, and he has an army of highly-paid lawyers. Your average Joe Schmoe working on a movie set probably wouldn't be getting away with it.

Doing a little google searching on the armorer for this....
Hanna Gutierrez-Reed
  • She is 24 year-old former Instagram Model
  • She is the daughter of a famous Hollywood Armorer
  • She paid the family of guy that died in drunk driving motorcycle accident $50k not to be sued (the details sound like that she has almost no responsibility for it, she simply was there and her family had deep pockets)
  • Her first job on another movie, Nicholas Cage stormed off the set because she handed a loaded gun to an 11 year old, and someone else on set caught it and stopped it.
  • Several camera crew members walked off set for this production because of safety accidents leading up to this (earlier reports only claimed crew were considering walking off)

I hate to judge by appearance, cause I have seen them to be wrong, but photos of her look like a typical rebellious young person that often scuff norms and things like hard work and professionalism. Frankly I would be worried when the armorer on set has Pink Hair, facial piercings and wearing a bondage t-shirt. At least dress like you're a serious person doing a serious job. And again I'm judging by appearance, but having a drug issue looks more likely when you appear this way, but looking at some of the incidents she's been in, you've got to wonder.

My "guess", there is probably some sort of certification with fees and such to become an Armorer for a movie set. Famous Armorer dad looking to get an aimless daughter into some sort of profession other than partying. Gets her through all the rungs and fees to become certified as a Hollywood armorer.

Shoe string budget productions looking for the cheapest they can find for everything, can't afford reputable armorers, then turn to the cheapest armorer they can find, and wouldn't you be surprised a 24 year old that only got the certification through her dad's connections, only doing it to get her Dad off her back about getting a J-O-B, is charging the least, just to get the work.

I go to the gun store, they check before they hand one to me, I watch them, THEN I check it again BEFORE I play with it, I then CHECK IT AGAIN before I hand it back to the person.

I do this every time I handle a firearm. It's good practice to repeat often.... REGARDLESS!!

YOU "Alec Baldwin" have been in countless movies with firearms and yet you DO NOT pick up safety procedures from multiple movie sets. You're either stupid as all get out, careless of other's lives or don't give a flying **** (rhymes with truck) or all three. I vote all three. When Firearms are on the scene it's everybody's responsibility PERIOD! Nobody should ever say "it's not my responsibility" EVER!
I hope they toss out the lawsuit he has brought forth.

I go to the gun store, they check before they hand one to me, I watch them, THEN I check it again BEFORE I play with it, I then CHECK IT AGAIN before I hand it back to the person.

I do this every time I handle a firearm. It's good practice to repeat often.... REGARDLESS!!

YOU "Alec Baldwin" have been in countless movies with firearms and yet you DO NOT pick up safety procedures from multiple movie sets. You're either stupid as all get out, careless of other's lives or don't give a flying **** (rhymes with truck) or all three. I vote all three. When Firearms are on the scene it's everybody's responsibility PERIOD! Nobody should ever say "it's not my responsibility" EVER!
I hope they toss out the lawsuit he has brought forth.
Oh, he has grounds for a lawsuit. And it's the same exact grounds that the families of the victims and crew members have for the lawsuit against him. This blatant attempt to exonerate him from his own idiocy will leave him open to the same exact repercussions.

Oh, he has grounds for a lawsuit. And it's the same exact grounds that the families of the victims and crew members have for the lawsuit against him. This blatant attempt to exonerate him from his own idiocy will leave him open to the same exact repercussions.
Amen to that.
I’ll add to that, the actors guild should ban him from ever working again and whatever association is in charge of movies being made should shut down the production of (Rust) permanently.

I should point out, my post about the Armorer, is all speculation based of a few facts, so it can be wildly wrong. Please don't refer to it as fact. Just the impression I and other would get from what little we seen.

I saw something about this Armorer working as tattoo artist now. Again, sounds like the impression I get, that she never should have been in the business and only got into the business because of family connections. Her short career was marked with disasters.

The industry sounds like it has huge problems with safety. And the biggest reason why, their attitudes about their stars. Which is probably the only reason Alec Baldwin didn't get charged. When the cops and prosecutors look at an industry that codified that their actors are idiots that can not be trusted with their own and others safety, and has procedures that make others responsible for it. Well, they know that is a looser in court.

So people should remember when Movie/TV stars express their political opinions, they should realize are in an industry that treats them like idiots because in their experience, the actors are idiots.

....an industry that treats them like idiots because in their experience, the actors are idiots.
iu

Back