testtest

What brand/type of shirt do you prefer when carrying in an OWB holster?

I have only IWB holsters but they are not the most comfortable in my opinion (probably because I'm fat!). Are there clothing companies that make shirts that hang on you in a manner not to show an outline and are long enough? Thank you.

Walmart has wrangler jeans that are infused with spandex. They look just like jeans, but they stretch. They are extremely comfortable for IWB holsters ( and Thanksgiving dinner :) )

And like Anni said, get your t-shirts a little larger than normal for the summer time, the rest of the time wear a button up shirt that's a little large and leave it untucked and unbuttoned.

And always, whether I am carrying IWB or OWB or not at all I wear a " Wife beater" t-shirt under my shirt. So yeah, technically 2 t-shirts. I tuck the wife beater in and then put the holster between the wife beater and my jeans so it isn't riding against my skin. Then I put either a baggy t-shirt or an unbuttoned short sleeve shirt on over that.

You won't even know it's there. ;)

Walmart has wrangler jeans that are infused with spandex. They look just like jeans, but they stretch. They are extremely comfortable for IWB holsters ( and Thanksgiving dinner :) )

And like Anni said, get your t-shirts a little larger than normal for the summer time, the rest of the time wear a button up shirt that's a little large and leave it untucked and unbuttoned.

And always, whether I am carrying IWB or OWB or not at all I wear a " Wife beater" t-shirt under my shirt. So yeah, technically 2 t-shirts. I tuck the wife beater in and then put the holster between the wife beater and my jeans so it isn't riding against my skin. Then I put either a baggy t-shirt or an unbuttoned short sleeve shirt on over that.

"Walmart has wrangler jeans that are infused with spandex. They look just like jeans, but they stretch. They are extremely comfortable for IWB holsters..."

Picked-up 2 more pair of the Wranglers at Walmart yesterday. Decent price at just under $23 a pair. Comfortable stretch.

20210518_215805.jpg

20210518_220842.jpg

Am I the only one that finds IWB Kydex holster to be so much more comfortable than OWB leather holster??
The leather one is so large and just cuts into my side so much, even on really hot days I find myself going to the IWB Kydex.

Am not brand loyal. Am style and fit loyal. Generally buy, wear a size or two larger of whatever to conceal.
Prints work best for concealment. I avoid solid colors and real loose flappy clothing that may get tangled up.
Maybe ask a woman for help too, they're usually experts in clothing, fit....and concealment for various reasons?

"Walmart has wrangler jeans that are infused with spandex. They look just like jeans, but they stretch. They are extremely comfortable for IWB holsters..."

Picked-up 2 more pair of the Wranglers at Walmart yesterday. Decent price at just under $23 a pair. Comfortable stretch.

View attachment 17560
View attachment 17561
Yeah they’re very affordable. And the more people who buy them, the less people there are giving their money to the ardently anti-gun Levi Strauss.

Am I the only one that finds IWB Kydex holster to be so much more comfortable than OWB leather holster??
The leather one is so large and just cuts into my side so much, even on really hot days I find myself going to the IWB Kydex.

My IWB are Crossbreed mini tucks. They’re leather with a Kydex shell. Very comfortable. My OWB are all hard plastic shells ( Clinger no print wonder and Muddy River Tactical) and are very comfortable.

What’s this place you call Walmart ?

i have not been into Walmart in years. Cannot stand the company 😬😬😬

Yeah they’re very affordable. And the more people who buy them, the less people there are giving their money to the ardently anti-gun Levi Strauss.
I bought the first pair of those particular Wrangler's probably 5 wks ago, and they only had the one pr in my size. I kept checking everytime I was in Walmart, which is weekly, and the same amount of those jeans were always on the rack, with no new ones added to the stock. Finally, I guess their supply system caught up and there were two prs in my size, and I bought them both. As far as Levi's, the last time I bought them would be back around the early 80's iirc. I support nothing with a Levi label on it.

What’s this place you call Walmart ?

i have not been into Walmart in years. Cannot stand the company 😬😬😬
I understand the sentiment, but that's all we have here, except for a Carhartt Outlet store. If any other in-person brick & mortar shopping choices are desired, one had to drive 45-50 miles to other larger towns to achieve that. We had a KMart, which closed-down yrs ago, but I hated going in there, and usually didn't.

Carhartt and Schmidt usually fit bigger and working men. Try your local tractor supply. I buy my jeans and t shirts there. Fits a normal dude; none of that metro crap.
I’ll add Carhartt t shirts fit well but are thick. That might be a problem if you have humid summers.
We have a Carhartt outlet store in town, and I have bought jeans there, but the jeans tend to have shallow pockets in my experience. Yes, their shirts and other clothing does seem to be of a slightly heavier thickness in a lot of their stuff.

I sta
I started with IWB Alien Gear 4.0 Shape Shifter stuff, but soon moved away from it. Too bulky for my build. Went to the We The People brand IWB and OWB (paddle holster), and found them quicker to donn & doff, however, the plastic belt clip on the IWB can be a weak point across the area where the adjustment screw holes are drilled. Found out replacement clips are around $5 each. I use the WTP paddle holsters when walking the dog at night, and at the range. My edc for awhile now is either an IWB or OWB Urban Carry LockLeather holster.

Carhartt and Schmidt usually fit bigger and working men. Try your local tractor supply. I buy my jeans and t shirts there. Fits a normal dude; none of that metro crap.
I’ll add Carhartt t shirts fit well but are thick. That might be a problem if you have humid summers.
Sierra Trading Company, online.

Carhartt for less.

And I tend to just buy my shirts in the “tall“ option, and wear over the gun.

I used to wear Hawaiian print, but won’t anymore (f***in' Boogaloo Vanilla ISIS f***s)...but Madras print shirts work well, and usually have a little texture to them that helps conceal the gun. High performance wicking undershirts work great as a barrier between the grips & your skin.

Don’t look now but your Carharts aren’t made here anymore either. I wear them every day for work. And they’re junk.
As for Walmart, if you can tell me a store anywhere remotely close that’s selling US made goods I’m all ears.
Interesting (sorta) info on Carhartt:

"Popular American Made Carhartt Products
  • Duck jackets – Kentucky and Tennessee
  • Work-Dry socks – Kentucky and Tennessee
  • Knit hats – Kentucky and Tennessee
  • Dungaree pants – Kentucky and Tennessee

• "Popular Carhartt Products Not Made in the USA:
  • Jeans – Mexico
  • Boots – Mexico
  • Belts – Mexico
  • Bags – Mexico"

Back