testtest

What is your favorite gun?

rrugercp3o

Operator
For one thing, I love my .22 pistols. They are extremely accurate and reliable (CCI ammo). But my favorite gun is my Ruger Blackhawk (357) that I bought 51 yrs. ago. It shoots spot on and is still in showroom condition. I bought it new and have put North of 4,000 rds. thru it. Most of those rds. were reloads when I was into reloading. What is your favorite gun? BC06177E-B9BB-410F-A2D7-96E505E18696.jpegDSCF4626.JPG
DSCF4629.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
For one thing, I love my .22 pistols. They are extremely accurate and reliable (CCI ammo). But my favorite gun is my Ruger Blackhawk (357) that I bought 51 yrs. ago. It shoots spot on and is still in showroom condition. I bought it new and have put North of 4,000 rds. thru it. Most of those rds. were reloads when I was into reloading. What is your favorite gun?
Is an open ended question to me. Not so easy answer. Pin down? Favorite gun? Have a few, they're all favorites for one reason or another. Sort of like other favorite tools, hammer, screwdriver, handdrill or drill press? Is why have them in first place, they're all different and all likeable favorites. Even between brands and types, they all have different functions and uses. My favorites also include any tools, including guns, that are good quality and do what they're intended to do when used. Biggie depends on what tool is for as well too, right?

Is an open ended question to me. Not so easy answer. Pin down? Favorite gun? Have a few, they're all favorites for one reason or another. Sort of like other favorite tools, hammer, screwdriver, handdrill or drill press? Is why have them in first place, they're all different and all likeable favorites. Even between brands and types, they all have different functions and uses. My favorites also include any tools, including guns, that are good quality and do what they're intended to do when used. Biggie depends on what tool is for as well too, right?
Back in the day my ⁹/¹⁶ wrench was always in my pocket, nowadays it's a 10 & 14mm. Things change. I still have all my tools, wish I could say the same for firearms.

I have 38 favorite guns within 10 brands.
I dont buy a gun that wont be my favorite to shoot.

every gun I own gets exercised. Including the ultra expensive ones.

i dont even buy inexpensive guns.

if it cant last to go to my great grandchildren when that time comes and I’m dead and long gone, I dont buy it

For one thing, I love my .22 pistols. They are extremely accurate and reliable (CCI ammo). But my favorite gun is my Ruger Blackhawk (357) that I bought 51 yrs. ago. It shoots spot on and is still in showroom condition. I bought it new and have put North of 4,000 rds. thru it. Most of those rds. were reloads when I was into reloading. What is your favorite gun?

Did you ever send your Blackhawk back to the factory for the recall? I too have Three Screw Blackhawk purchased new and never bothered to send mine back. I simply load it with just 5 rounds.

My favorite revolver is my Ruger M44 that I bought in 2000.

IMG_0958_1.jpg

My favorite pistol is my Springfield Armory 9mm XDM Elite with 4.5 inch barrel. I love the U Dot sight.

IMG_0960_1.jpg

as simple as the question is, you cant answer it. you don't need to explain how it's an open-ended question. just answer if you can't figure it out why would you answer 1st place.

I cant honestly say that I have any sort of affinity toward any gun. I am not a hobbyist or enthusiast and do not particularly care for weapons. I certainly would prefer to never carry a gun but unfortunately it does currently ( and over the past many decades) seem to be a prudent course for me personally. To that end, I will carry a gun that I feel proficient with and one that I can effectively conceal. My gun of choice is a Browning Hi Power and its clones.

Some may ask why a person who does not care much for guns would be a member of a gun board. Well, its because the process and methods of mitigating criminal danger and the efforts to maintain personal safety are often discussed on a gun board. Guns can certainly be a very important part of any self defense system and that is what I find myself most interested in. The system, processes and methodology.. not necessarily the gun itself.

Why the Browning?

Reliability
Ergonomics
Established skill
muscle memory
trained habit action
and pain ole panache .

I have many favorite guns which include hunting rifles, sporting rifles, plinking rifles. shotguns,
revolver's and semi-auto pistols. That being said the only firearm I would never part with is a 16ga. shotgun produced by Iver Johnson Gun and Cycle Works in Fitchburg, Mass circa 1909-1919. The model is Champion and it belonged to my Great-Great Grandfather. Its not in the best of shape, has no value to anyone other then me but I would never part with it.

I also like all my guns. Like Blackfeather said, if I don’t like one that I have and I want something else, I’ll sell or trade to replace. I just don’t have the funds to have too many. My favorites for EDC right now are my Hellcat and 911 in .380 for super conceal. I also love my Saint Victor pistol in 5.56. I don’t ever see myself replacing that.

But one gun I’ve had since 2009 that I’ve always said I’d never get rid of, and haven’t, is my Kimber ProCarry ll in .45. It’s smooth, accurate and has never had a hiccup. It sits in my bedside drawer at all times. I’ll carry it from time to time, but it’s a little heavy for EDC for me. I can’t even count how many pistols I’ve been through over the years, but that Kimber has stayed with me longer than any other.

Back