testtest

What knives do you daily carry?

Hatfield

Operator
Founding Member
94F98C23-8322-49A6-AD0D-2B477CEDCEA5.jpeg

What knives I daily carry. A spyderco for daily chores carried on my right pocket right behind my clipped on mini flashlight. And a karambit carried clipped inside my left pocket and pushed forward(since I’m left handed ). The karambit is never used for anything it’s sole purpose in life is to be used as a get off me weapon. I have a training blade of the same with a rounded blade and no point. I practice with the training blade on a heavy bag and concentrate on five fast cuts from the draw. I would like to see photos of what you carry, where you carry it, how you deploy it and what your training regimen is. Do you carry more than one? What different kinds of blades do you carry for work or hunting, what laws govern what you can carry. Let’s see some photos and prices.

I have a nice little Sheffield that was given to me years ago. One that could never sharpen a knife to a cutting edge I purchased a Work Sharp unit from Cabela's. Work Sharp is so nice I went through the whole tool box and kitchen one day. Great to finally have knives that cut.
Sheffield.jpg

I carry a Kershaw Shallot in my pocket if I am in professional dress, or a Benchmade Ascent. On occasion I will have a Cold Steel Safekeeper I or II in my boot or belt/SOB if I am out and about late or in shady parts of town also. In the woods I usually have either a Cold Steel Tanto or Al Mar Pathfinder Kukri on my belt.

At my local Harbor Freight I picked up one of these for a few dollars. I was recently notified that the knife is being recalled. It appears that out of the million+ sold, seven have had the lock fail to keep it open. I'm keeping mine as it is working fine and a failure rate of 7 or a few more per million is statistically pretty good.
Harbor Freight Knife Recalled.jpg

I carry a Kershaw Shallot in my pocket if I am in professional dress, or a Benchmade Ascent. On occasion I will have a Cold Steel Safekeeper I or II in my boot or belt/SOB if I am out and about late or in shady parts of town also. In the woods I usually have either a Cold Steel Tanto or Al Mar Pathfinder Kukri on my belt.
I lose too many knives to carry anything nice. Wife has given me some that have been in the hutch for years. I guess they are still there. Haven't looked at them in years!

CRKT Squid. Handy little knife I use for utility purposes. Clip is sturdy, and have never had it come unclipped from pants pockets. I carry it daily, and if out kayak fishing it rides in a zipped upper chest pocket of my pfd. Price was around $25 as I recall at the PX on base.

Last edited:
View attachment 194

What knives I daily carry. A spyderco for daily chores carried on my right pocket right behind my clipped on mini flashlight. And a karambit carried clipped inside my left pocket and pushed forward(since I’m left handed ). The karambit is never used for anything it’s sole purpose in life is to be used as a get off me weapon. I have a training blade of the same with a rounded blade and no point. I practice with the training blade on a heavy bag and concentrate on five fast cuts from the draw. I would like to see photos of what you carry, where you carry it, how you deploy it and what your training regimen is. Do you carry more than one? What different kinds of blades do you carry for work or hunting, what laws govern what you can carry. Let’s see some photos and prices.
[/QUOTE

Nice blades

View attachment 194

Do you have any formal training with a blade? If not and are interested you can check if there is a school that teaches Kali or Silat in your area. Both of these arts have a heavy emphasis on knife fighting. I myself have been training for quite a few years in both arts, they are very similar. The most important thing either way for a defensive weapon is to get regular practice by drawing and using your gun/knife to have the motor skills and reflex if the need every arises.

At my local Harbor Freight I picked up one of these for a few dollars. I was recently notified that the knife is being recalled. It appears that out of the million+ sold, seven have had the lock fail to keep it open. I'm keeping mine as it is working fine and a failure rate of 7 or a few more per million is statistically pretty good.
View attachment 198
Skin doesn't know the difference from a $2 dollar knife or a $1000 dollar knife.😉

Last edited:
548244B9-AA96-49F2-90A6-A98E834679C0.jpeg
Here is a photo of a blade I made years ago to compliment my black powder .54 caliber flintlock rifle, I made it from a file, deer horn and melted pewter. The smokeable peace pipe tomahawk Head was made for me by Alan longmire, I aged the head and made a tiger maple hollow handle and copper lined it. A friend suggested I show some bigger knives.

^ Oh..... THAT. IS. COOL! :D

----

I carry a small multitool in my jeans' "watch pocket." It's either a Leatherman Freestyle or Gerber Crucial Black, nothing fancy. The Multitasker is saved for my war-belt, for AR classes.

On my non-dominant side, I carry a Spyderco Delica Wave, and my reasoning and regimen is pretty much the same as yours, @hatfield. I really like karambits, but I came to the conclusion years ago that I just didn't have the requisite skillset to really be able to effectively use it in dire straits after a couple of classes, so I switched to carrying a more conventional folder.

I
4BA80C55-6CF5-4604-AABC-F98336A1ED73.jpeg
I used to carry this Benchmade auto the knife Locked open really solid, the 3.5 inch blade was legal where I was at the time, the handle serrations made for a positive grip. I put a lanyard on it to aid in getting my hand on it due to wearing a heavy jacket. Benchmade will sharpen your blade if you send it back to them, a reversable pocket clip is always a plus for those who carry left pocket. The handles are going to wear a hole in your pocket if you pull it out a lot. I found out later the auto function was totally illegal where I was. For some reason they never wanted to stop and frisk me.

Back