testtest

What Optics Are You using With Your Saint Rifles And Pistols.

10mmLife

Staff member
Founding Member
I do not own any saint AR's currently but by Sig 5.56 VTAC has a Romeo and Mbus flip sights. I use a Romeo red dot on my Aero .300 pistol as well. I also use a combination of vortex and Sig red dots on my other rifles. I prefer red dots for the quick engagement of targets. On my pistols I prefer iron sights.

Last edited:

Epeeist

Elite
Founding Member
I have a Romeo 5 on my Uzi Pro and it has been a great little sight for the price. I would not have any problems recommending it in the top 3 of the the 200 and under crowd of RDS's. Good dot, battery life and mount, and 5 year warranty. The finish is holding up well on the body, but the sight caps have ward a little bit going in and out of its backpack pocket. Its not an Aimpoint, but Holosun makes good optics, no matter who's name is written on the side.

ScottJ

Professional
Founding Member
As I posted yesterday, I'm still using the flip-up sights on my Saint Edge, and enjoy putting holes in paper and hitting the steel targets at the range. Whenever I'm at the PX (ret'd Navy here) about once a month I always go by the gun counter and purchase ammo I might be short of, and I also look at the optics in the locked glass case. Sure, I could afford it and get a red dot, but still haven't taken the plunge, because I'm of the thinking that it would severely take the fun out of going to the range, at least for me. I kind of correlate it the same as if I put a trolling motor on my kayak that I paddle for the exercise and the challenge. I'm 66 yrs old, so keeping the old noggin and other functions "tuned" is my goal with shooting, and paddling.

PepperGuy

Elite
Founding Member
As I posted yesterday, I'm still using the flip-up sights on my Saint Edge, and enjoy putting holes in paper and hitting the steel targets at the range. Whenever I'm at the PX (ret'd Navy here) about once a month I always go by the gun counter and purchase ammo I might be short of, and I also look at the optics in the locked glass case. Sure, I could afford it and get a red dot, but still haven't taken the plunge, because I'm of the thinking that it would severely take the fun out of going to the range, at least for me. I kind of correlate it the same as if I put a trolling motor on my kayak that I paddle for the exercise and the challenge. I'm 66 yrs old, so keeping the old noggin and other functions "tuned" is my goal with shooting, and paddling.
I'm a year or so older than you and I can tell you that for me red dot sights make a world of difference for tired old eyes. If I could I would add a red dot to every firearm I own.

ScottJ

Professional
Founding Member
I'm a year or so older than you and I can tell you that for me red dot sights make a world of difference for tired old eyes. If I could I would add a red dot to every firearm I own.
I'll probably eventually end up getting a red dot system. There are some days the eyeballs just don't wanna cooperate, especially viewing stuff through my progressive (tri-focal glasses).

papa

Professional
Founding Member
I have a Romeo 5 on my Uzi Pro and it has been a great little sight for the price. I would not have any problems recommending it in the top 3 of the the 200 and under crowd of RDS's. Good dot, battery life and mount, and 5 year warranty. The finish is holding up well on the body, but the sight caps have ward a little bit going in and out of its backpack pocket. Its not an Aimpoint, but Holosun makes good optics, no matter who's name is written on the side.

I just bought a Romeo 5 for my Bushmaster but haven't mounted it yet.

10mmLife

Staff member
Founding Member
Anyone have any experience with a Sig Romeo 5? Putting together an AR pistol and debating ordering the romeo 5 for it.
I have a Romeo 5 on a pistol build.

I'm most likely going to replace the Romeo for a Vortex venom. My personal reason to switch is the venom will offer me faster reaction to the target and a wider field of view that I feel is a benefit for me when using my pistol. Also I have a Vortex sparc 2 on my PC carbine that I feel is a superior sight for a similar cost that's worth looking into.

I have a Romeo 5 on a pistol build.

I'm most likely going to replace the Romeo for a Vortex venom. My personal reason to switch is the venom will offer me faster reaction to the target and a wider field of view that I feel is a benefit for me when using my pistol. Also I have a Vortex sparc 2 on my PC carbine that I feel is a superior sight for a similar cost that's worth looking into.
Appreciate the experienced comment. Will look into this as an upgrade in the future!