testtest

What you type & where.

KLGunner

Staff member
Hey ladies & gentlemen,

Okay for the instance of trying to protect the members of this forum. I felt the need to write this out and post it. This is very troubling times we are all living in, that there is no doubt. What you say and how you say it in times like these is critical. Please remember that god forbid you have to defend yourself or your family. The police/detectives will be combing through your life to ether credit or discredit you and your actions. That includes this forum so for the sake of this post I will give an example. A member post on here in one of our countless threads posts this “If someone came to me in that manner I’d blast his a** away.” Now what If two weeks after he posts that he is involved in a self defense situation. The detectives will look up his account here because he had it on his phone. He finds member XYZ said the above. Now rest assured they are probably not going to look at the context in which you said it, just that you said it. In a court of law they can likely use that against you to prove malicious intent. Members I personally don’t want to see anyone of you get in trouble with the law and I don’t want what you said used against you out of context. Please be careful with what you say and where you say it. This is true for EVERY form of social media.

Stay safe out there guys.

Very well said @KLGunner, I dated one girl all through junior high and high school and after spending a lot of time with her and her family I remember her father and I spending quality time together, I even helped him rebuild an old car, he was a college professor, where I’m going with this is whenever I asked him a question he would stop and think for a minute before answering, at first I found this strange but then realized he wanted everything he said well thought out before speaking.
What I took from that is always think before you speak and have been practicing that all my life, it’s now more important then ever especially when responding to or posting anything online. As stated above the internet is forever. @HansGruber
Yes sometimes emotions take over and everyone; myself included speak before thinking it through, to be blunt it’s called “diarrhea of the mouth” the best and most important thing everyone can do is just stop and think about what your going to say or type and think about the ramifications.

Last edited:
I try not to put too much personal information online at all. I’m less concerned about places like this than I am Facebook. Nothing on my FB page would aid anyone trying to figure out who I was. Obviously if LEO were investigating it they could access it, but there’s nothing incriminating on there. I don’t post pictures of my firearms and I don’t make questionable legal comments.

The most important thing, and the reason we train extensively, is to never shoot someone without justification. The argument could be made that the kid in Kenosha was justified. He was certainly under attack by what turned out to be armed felons. He’s still going to have a really hard time though and at least partly because of his prior social media and involvement with certain people/ groups. The fact is though that I would never have been in that situation. The only property I would ever defend with lethal force is my own, which the legality of is safely enshrined in the law of the state I live in. I’m not going roaming around my city with a rifle to protect businesses from looters. Someone comes to MY home though that’s a totally different situation.

I try not to put too much personal information online at all. I’m less concerned about places like this than I am Facebook. Nothing on my FB page would aid anyone trying to figure out who I was. Obviously if LEO were investigating it they could access it, but there’s nothing incriminating on there. I don’t post pictures of my firearms and I don’t make questionable legal comments.

The most important thing, and the reason we train extensively, is to never shoot someone without justification. The argument could be made that the kid in Kenosha was justified. He was certainly under attack by what turned out to be armed felons. He’s still going to have a really hard time though and at least partly because of his prior social media and involvement with certain people/ groups. The fact is though that I would never have been in that situation. The only property I would ever defend with lethal force is my own, which the legality of is safely enshrined in the law of the state I live in. I’m not going roaming around my city with a rifle to protect businesses from looters. Someone comes to MY home though that’s a totally different situation.
Exactly. ☝️☝️☝️ Very well said.

Very well said @KLGunner, good replies from all the members above, I don’t do any social media, just this, I truly understand where all is coming from, I agree totally.
I’m with you Anni @Annihilator, no social media except this forum. We are 👻 ‘s on the net.😁
And I agree, great post @KLGunner, I‘d like to think my mantra would be the same as that in “Monty Python’s : Holy Grail: “Run away, run away””, if ever I was in a potential violent encounter.😄
Seriously, I would use deadly force only if my life or that of a loved one was in jeopardy. They can have my personal property (it’s not worth a human life), and I’d try to stay away from circumstances that could escalate into violence, such as these protest.

I’m with you Anni @Annihilator, no social media except this forum. We are 👻 ‘s on the net.😁
And I agree, great post @KLGunner, I‘d like to think my mantra would be the same as that in “Monty Python’s : Holy Grail: “Run away, run away””, if ever I was in a potential violent encounter.😄
Seriously, I would use deadly force only if my life or that of a loved one was in jeopardy. They can have my personal property (it’s not worth a human life), and I’d try to stay away from circumstances that could escalate into violence, such as these protest.

Agreed. I would have to be reasonably convinced there was a threat of great bodily injury.

Good post. I don’t have Facebook tweet or instagram. It’s more frustrating than anything, what we, as a country, are going through. A lot that is being silenced, unfortunately. But as stated by posters above, these are the times that we have to keep our cool. Don’t fall into anyone’s trap, but be careful and cautious. It’s getting bad out there, a lot of tension.

Back