testtest

What’s Your Oldest Firearm?

USMC1911

Elite
I’ve had these two over 25 years. The Glock-19 was the service Pistol and the .38 S&W was an off duty revolver. Still carry from time to time to this day. What is the oldest firearm you still own?

Attachments

• IMG_0347.jpeg
    IMG_0347.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1575.jpeg
    IMG_1575.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 35
I would guess my oldest firearm is the H&R Topper my dad had as a kid. Second would be the JC Higgens pump shotgun he bought after he got out of the Navy after WWII.

First firearm that was mine new is a Marlin .22 my first firearm. First handgun is a Taurus model 66 .357 magnum I bought shortly after getting married say 1980? Or shortly thereafter?

My oldest is this Model 1816 musket that fired a .69 round ball. Made at Springfield in 1838 as a flintlock it was converted to percussion in the 1850s. The picture of the lock shows how the conversion was done, but the record isn't clear on who did it. Safe to say it probably saw action during the Civil War.
1694874136580.png

1816 model.JPG

Fast forward to the next oldest- a Model 1906 Navy Luger. It's a three digit serial number, so it's in the first year of production range. Being an early 1906 it has an altered safety, but sorry to say the magazine isn't correct. It has that been there appearance which many Navy collectors prefer.
Navy Luger.JPG

Back