testtest

Where are the 4 inch 45apc?

Talyn

Hellcat
Founding Member
Who quit making them?

There's eight of the Rock Island Armory GI Standard MS 51417 models (4.25" barrel) on Gunbroker right now.

One vendor has seven at a Buy-it now-price of $549.95 + shipping & if you use a cc.

CA compliant

The last one is on a bidding line.

aatrert

Alpha
Who quit making them?

There's eight of the Rock Island Armory GI Standard MS 51417 models (4.25" barrel) on Gunbroker right now.

One vendor has seven at a Buy-it now-price of $549.95 + shipping & if you use a cc.

CA compliant

The last one is on a bidding line.

4.25 is too long to carry and who wants to be communist compliant? 3.25 is short on length and rounds. Springfield has lost a customer.

aatrert

Alpha
You didn't even identfy what model of handgun you wanted.

Communists didn't design a Commander length 1911, nor any of the 4" XD line.

Sorry about that. I have carried a 4in 45APC for many years . The ( 13 rd.) XD Mod 2 4" service .45 was my latest love. It is absolutely perfect. I never was a fan of the 911, it don't fit my hand right. Any of the 4" XD line fit me perfect but I cannot find anything.

Talyn

Hellcat
Founding Member
Sorry about that. I have carried a 4in 45APC for many years . The ( 13 rd.) XD Mod 2 4" service .45 was my latest love. It is absolutely perfect. I never was a fan of the 911, it don't fit my hand right. Any of the 4" XD line fit me perfect but I cannot find anything.

There are 9 (one in bidding war, & 8 buy-it-nows for $599.99) new 4" XD9611's (full sized) on GB right now plus one used.

wmg1299

Custom
The 4" XD Mod.2 in 45 ACP was the gun that turned me on the Springfield. I picked it up out of curiosity when it went on sale after Springfield announced that they were discontinuing the Mod.2 line. That gun is the most accurate .45 that I have ever fired, and it encouraged me to pick up a few other XD's. I understand that 9mm is all the rage these days, but I'd love to see Springfield release a few more double-stack options in .45 ACP. I'd love to see an XD-M Elite in .45 ACP.

Bassbob

Hellcat
The 4" XD Mod.2 in 45 ACP was the gun that turned me on the Springfield. I picked it up out of curiosity when it went on sale after Springfield announced that they were discontinuing the Mod.2 line. That gun is the most accurate .45 that I have ever fired, and it encouraged me to pick up a few other XD's. I understand that 9mm is all the rage these days, but I'd love to see Springfield release a few more double-stack options in .45 ACP. I'd love to see an XD-M Elite in .45 ACP.
It was a similar experience for me except that I bought mine before they had decided to discontinue them. I was actually looking for a Glock, but the many, many I tried didn't feel right for me. And it is definitely the most accurate .45 I have ever shot. 1.5" groups at 25 yards the first time I shot it. And it is the only SA firearm I own.