testtest

Which AR to Suppress?

ddeuce22

Professional
I'm having a bit of a conundrum here. I received my Tax Stamp and Suppressor today finally but I cannot decide which rifle to put it on. M400 Tread or the new Franklin Armory I just got w/ Binary Trigger. I keep flip flopping back and forth. Excuse the Franklin, just picked it up Tuesday. Got all new furniture and an optic on the way.

Part of me wants to just finally complete the M400, but at the same time I can't help but think how awesome it would be to shoot the Binary suppressed. Both could be an option down the road once I get another Taper Mount EZ Brake for the 2nd rifle, but for now i'll need to choose one. Pics below. What do you guys think?
PXL_20221202_005414132.jpg
PXL_20221130_020507245.jpg
PXL_20220422_042945817.jpg

Last edited:
Go with the sig. The franklin with binary will make the suppressor have a short life........well shorter life. I guess if it stays cool between trigger time it'll be ok. Sure don't want it to melt!

Let me know how that binary goes. I have 2, but are fostech echo sport. They operate different than the echo's do as far as changing from binary to semi when/after trigger is pulled and held to not fire on release. I have 1 set up on an ar15 and 1 on an ar10 lower just so I don't have to remove from 1 to put on another.

Go with the sig. The franklin with binary will make the suppressor have a short life........well shorter life. I guess if it stays cool between trigger time it'll be ok. Sure don't want it to melt!
A very valid point! Someone else on a diff forum mentioned how unwiedly it would be, but at the same time both rifles are 16" barrel so that's an issue no matter what.

The franklin will definitely make me wear down the suppressor life. hmmmm.

Let me know how that binary goes. I have 2, but are fostech echo sport. They operate different than the echo's do as far as changing from binary to semi when/after trigger is pulled and held to not fire on release. I have 1 set up on an ar15 and 1 on an ar10 lower just so I don't have to remove from 1 to put on another.

I'm hoping to test out the Binary this weekend so I will absolutely let you know how it runs.

Sig it is! I can always take the Suppressor off and just run the mini brake if I want to use that rifle to train with.

Cyclic means given an unlimited supply, how fast could you dump…

900RPM cyclic means dumping a 30rd mag in 2 seconds.

Maybe Jerry Miculek could do it, but the rest of us mere mortals will, at best, do about 600RPM cyclic with a binary.
Timed a buddy on his binary with a 30 round mag at 3.5 seconds ……🤯🤯🤯
Didnt think it could be done, but he did.
Now accuracy, he started aiming for the ground about 50 yards out on the side of a slope. Finished the rounds into the slope.. zero accuracy at that speed

Back