testtest

Why I Love Arizona

AZ is without my favorite State. I have lived here for 20 years now. I have a CCW but it is not needed here. I only conceal once in awhile. To be honest, I still equate it to shoving a hunk of metal in my pants. That said, I keep a .38 revolver in my car, which is easy to get to. And of course I have a 9mm on my nightstand that has a spotlight.

I cannot understand states like NJ. (Where I grew up)

Attachments

• Snow.jpg
    Snow.jpg
    441.5 KB · Views: 42
Based on my travels in AZ everything south of Flagstaff and/or lower elevations than Prescott isn't worth my time, especially Phoenix & Tucson.

Way too hot in the summer below the above line in the summer & far too ugly in the winter in the same. Everything seemed to be a chocolate milk brown color including the houses painted the same color as the surrounding terrain.

Had a meeting in Green Valley for a few days and it was crawling with illegals heading north and the surrounding fed lands were garbage dumps from all the crap thrown away by illegals.

We all have our druthers. Glad you like what you like.

My .02

Last edited:
Been here since '85 and love it. Worked in Maricopa County for most of it and retired down South. I worked in an open air steel shop when it hit 122 and it was awful. The sweat lost key details on my blueprints due to my dripping sweat and I'm sure I lost plenty of brain cells. I shoot year round and that makes up for the sh8tbirds that land here. I'll be gone when this great nation goes under, but I'll support it until then.

Arizona has been good to me.
(From Southern IL) Moved to Tucson in 1989 out of college; then to Phoenix area in 1990.

Have my CCW and in the middle of my 1st renewal. Don't have to - but allows me to a little more liberty than if I don't. #1 value is purchasing firearms - as I don't have to wait for a background check to come back. Additionally, if I do end up in court for self-defense, I think having it sends a positive message to the judge, etc.

As far as 2A and state gun laws - if the Feds allow it, I can do it in AZ. No worries currently regarding state firearms restrictions. Phoenix area has some great shooting facilities - I.e. Ben Avery, etc. - and there is always the desert option.

As far as retirement (as a career educator) - the AZ State Retirement System (pension) system will treat me right in a couple years. I may live better retired than I did all my working life......but that is also with some good decisions over the years as well.

Owned our home in Tempe for the last 20 years - even if the bottom falls out of the real estate market, I'll be in pretty good shape.

Great outdoors/hiking options; ancient ruins; fascinating state history, etc.

Heat, scorpions, and snakes, sure! - but, no hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, or alligators.

1714711229727.png

Last edited:
AZ is without my favorite State. I have lived here for 20 years now. I have a CCW but it is not needed here. I only conceal once in awhile. To be honest, I still equate it to shoving a hunk of metal in my pants. That said, I keep a .38 revolver in my car, which is easy to get to. And of course I have a 9mm on my nightstand that has a spotlight.

I cannot understand states like NJ. (Where I grew up)
i been to, and thru AZ many times during my trucking days. i have to admit "some" of it is really nice. but i'd hate to have to be dependant on the a/c all the time.

but otherwise, not all that bad, only from what i was able to see and experience during my tines there.

Back in the 80's, I lived at the foot of the Catalina Mountains for 7 years. Best quality of life I ever had. No ants, roaches or mosquitos. You could plan a picnic a year in advance and be assured it would be a sunny day. You could sit on the west side of the Tucson Mountains and see not one paved road or high rise building for 100 miles. In the spring, you could drive up into the Catalina Mountains to go snow skiing in the morning and come back down in the afternoon to jump into the pool. The solar panels would keep the pool warm enough to swim all year save for January and February.

In the 7 years we only needed the air conditioner two days. The swamp cooler would bring down the house temperature 30 degrees and the humidity up to 20 percent. Your excuse for not doing the lawn was that your rock crusher broke. You had to have a great respect for nature because everything bites back - including some plants.

I do miss those days.

I worked all my life in order to be able to come to live in Southern Arizona. I spent time in The Mojave Desert while in the Marines. I vacationed here for 10 years' I'm either in the desert or roaming the local mountains. It's not for everyone, I resent the people who come her from other parts of the country and try to convert Arizona to their former home. Native Arizonans are a tough breed. We have a lot of people moving here from other local states.they complain a lot. I suggest if you don't Like my Arizona.....Leave . Were not gonna let you change it

We bitch when it's 50-60 degrees in the winter, crying about how cold it is. Then we remember those 80 below wind chill winters that last 5-6 months. Then we move on to other topics to bitch about and right now, we have a crapload of things that are higher on the list. And that list began the day Joe took office and trashed everything.

I live on the eastern edge of the Phoenix Metro Area in Apache Junction. It's pretty much the end of civilization as you move East from here.

It was not an easy decision but after experiencing what can happen to an entire state when people, who tend to be inclusionist liberals, are elected and are in charge of the state government. But after two years of retirement it was time to leave my home state of Oregon and move on.

I find Arizona refreshing after living in a taxation without representation state where every government official and state legislator wants to infringe, or even negate, my rights.

I live on the eastern edge of the Phoenix Metro Area in Apache Junction. It's pretty much the end of civilization as you move East from here.

It was not an easy decision but after experiencing what can happen to an entire state when people, who tend to be inclusionist liberals, are elected and are in charge of the state government. But after two years of retirement it was time to leave my home state of Oregon and move on.

I find Arizona refreshing after living in a taxation without representation state where every government official and state legislator wants to infringe, or even negate, my rights.
I was in that area back in 2010. We went to see " The Festival of the West " which I understand is no longer held. We went to Tombstone and spent a day . Then we traveled Rt 88 as we were heading home . Amazing country.

We lived quite close to Apache Junction in Mesa. Lots of outdoor places to explore East and North of there. We used to ride dirt bikes all over the mining roads a trails.

I was in that area back in 2010. We went to see " The Festival of the West " which I understand is no longer held. We went to Tombstone and spent a day . Then we traveled Rt 88 as we were heading home . Amazing country.
We went to FOW several times and saw a few of the old Western actors before they passed. I didn't realize Buck Taylor was a pretty good artist.

We went to FOW several times and saw a few of the old Western actors before they passed. I didn't realize Buck Taylor was a pretty good artist.
Yes he is. He had quite a few of his paintings on display. I had a picture taken with him until our house burned . James Drury was there also. We had a good time there.

Do you know why they shut down the FOW ?

Yes he is. He had quite a few of his paintings on display. I had a picture taken with him until our house burned . James Drury was there also. We had a good time there.

Do you know why they shut down the FOW ?
No idea. Maybe they just didn't get enough traffic. Saw Chuck Conners, Clint Walker and a few others. My memories have faded. We used to dress in our shooting clothes and walk around.

Back