testtest

Why the XD hate?

Grifter

Custom
Founding Member
I have two xdms and have never had an issue with either. While I have never ran them like my competition guns, they have been run hard at the range.

My question is why so much hate for the platform from some guntubers?

Is there an issue that I have never heard about with the platform?

My .45acp XD Mod.2 is one of my favorite range guns. My experience with that gun encouraged me to pick up XDM Elite and XDS Mod.2 models. All of them have run flawlessly.

The only negative comments that I typically see involve Glock owners who think the XD is some sort of Glock clone, despite the guns having obviously different features. I have also seen memes of rude/arrogant/overly-vigilant Range Safety Officers, who are portrayed as having an XD in a cheap nylon cross-draw belt holster. I have no idea where the meme started, but it makes some younger shooters view the XD as a typical "Fudd Gun".

I love my XD-Ms And I think they are beautiful looking firearms. Even sexy looking in my opinion especially compared to a Glock. Glocks are fine firearms or there wouldnt be so many of them. I have never had any interest in owning one due mainly to the fact I had seen so many people have limp wrist stove pipe issues at the range. I never had that problem shooting any of my friends Glocks or range rentals but it did keep me from ever wanting one. .Have had no problems with my XD-Ms

Take a dive with me.....

https://www.xdtalk.com/threads/xd-haters.434745/ - my reply is the 4th post in the thread.

:)

As someone who frequents training classes, I get the evil-eye and some presumptions made about me because of the XDm. In one memorable event, a classmate was shocked that I had 50K on my 4.5-inch XDm9, and had it not been for corroboration from a couple of my buddies, I don't know that anyone would have believed it. :p

In-reality, though, I find that most of the ribbin' is good-natured....once they see that I'm there to learn, like everyone else, and that my gun isn't falling apart. 😁

The XD hate is a little like the hate I find for certain luxury vehicles. I own 2 Infinity vehicles. They are awesome. Beautiful on the inside and out. Took an old codger for a ride a couple weeks ago and he was like, "You know, my wife and I are looking at getting a new luxury car and never considered Infinity because we thought it wasn't as nice. You've changed my mind today."

XD haters hate XD because they've never shot one. Once you shoot one, you like it just like anything else that's a solid pistol. I NEVER trust what people say about a movie, a gun, or mostly anything else. Sure, every brand has a few lemons, but I always try it out myself to form my own opinion.

I believe a big part of it was a situation a few years ago, where Springfield funded some gun control legislation in IL, in hopes they'd be exempt. Springfield's explanation was they didn't realize what they were funding, and cut ties. But it left a bad taste in a lot of people, myself included. Personally I gave them the benefit of the doubt. Because I don't want to attribute to malice, what can be explained by incompetence.

Take a dive with me.....

https://www.xdtalk.com/threads/xd-haters.434745/ - my reply is the 4th post in the thread.
You seem to know more about the history behind this than I do. I'm curious to know when the XD hatred started. The first guns I ever personally owned or carried were Glocks. My decision was based on the fact that I was issued a Glock as a police officer, and I wanted magazine compatibility with my backup. Blue Label pricing also made Glocks very affordable.

My department issued Glocks, but allowed officers to purchase and carry different brands. Throughout my career in law enforcement, I never heard any of the officers insulting the XD's. I don't think any of us carried XD's, but Springfield was the preferred manufacturer for the old-timers who carried their personal 1911's. I never heard any XD insults until I started going to civilian ranges (and went to internet forums). Has the XD hate been going on for many years, or is it a fairly new thing?

You seem to know more about the history behind this than I do. I'm curious to know when the XD hatred started. .... Has the XD hate been going on for many years, or is it a fairly new thing?

Many, many years.

https://www.xdtalk.com/threads/cutt...e-xd-good-enough-for-professional-use.156561/ - that dates to 2010, but you can find debates about the grip safety, for example, dating well to the mid-oughts, about 5 years after the HS2000 first was introduced (https://www.xdtalk.com/threads/hard-to-believe-this-was-twenty-years-ago-now.451532/#post-7955246). And it should be remembered that the original HS2000, although priced significantly below the standard-bearer at the time, the Glock 17, was not without problems at its introduction (striker retaining pin and magazine body), which sadly poisoned the well to begin with.

I didn't start "seriously" shooting until nearly the last week of November of 2010. I was 36 at the time, and although I'd been to countless fun "range-days" with my friends since college and had similar experiences as a kid (my first shot was on a Gen 1 Glock, with a LE-friend of my father's who served as private-contract security in the ethic shopping mall that he managed at the time; his Colt Python remains to-date among my favorite shooting memories), I had never really seen it as more than occasional recreation.

I didn't really know about the bias in the training and professional communities until after I'd purchased my first 4.5-inch XDm from my friend. He had wanted to sell a few of his pistols at the time, and I'd just come to the decision that armed self-defense was right for me (no single life-event, just a few night's worth of meditation and self-debate), so I took a back-to-back test-drive of his modified XDm and a similarly modified full-sized S&W M&P 9Pro. I already knew how I'd shoot Glocks, at the time, and was curious of these two guns: I ended up paying him on the spot for the XDm, which, at the time, I considered to be the worst looking out of the three (I really love the lines of the M&P), but was what I undeniably shot better, measured quantitatively.

Who cares! I dislike Glocks with a passion. I'll never own one, I'd never find fault in those that do like and buy them, they're not for me. I have two XD-m and will own more. My other passion is HK firearms and IMO no one makes a finer firearm.

Let them hate more for us to own.

I wanted to really like the XDtalk site, but it has died a slow death over the past year. Active during the early crazy days 1.5 years ago but slowly been dying. So far this is the best site, and I cheat every now and then and hit sigtalk :)

Who cares! I dislike Glocks with a passion. I'll never own one, I'd never find fault in those that do like and buy them, they're not for me. I have two XD-m and will own more. My other passion is HK firearms and IMO no one makes a finer firearm.

Let them hate more for us to own.

When I first started shooting, my CFP instruction carried a Glock. However, at the time, I just didn't like how it felt in my hand. I didn't like the way it pointed, so to speak. As I've gotten older and my vision has changed, I can shoot my Glock much more accurately than my XD pistols. That said, I think that has more to do with the sights than anything else. If I took the time to change out the sights on my XD's, I'm sure I'd be as accurate as I am with the Glock. But is my XD shooting *really* inaccurate? Absolutely not! I will easily place all of those shots from any XD into the hurty parts of a bad guy, no problem. I don't love the Glock's blockiness (not a word?) but I am no respecter of pistols. They are all lovely, in my eyes. Except for Hi-Point. You have a problem if you carry that around. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I’ve always found it strange how new shooters don’t think a Glock feels “funny” or “unnatural” until someone tells them that it does.

Honestly, I’ve never bought into that whole line, anyway. The Ruger Mk series, as well as the Luger have a similar grip angle, and you never hear people say that they feel unnatural. Funny, that.

As for the XD “hate”? I think it goes both ways…I’ve heard a lot of XD owners rip on Glocks over the years.

Personally, I don’t dislike the XD series if pistols, but I can say that after owning a model in every flavor but the XDE, it’s not for me.

I’ve always found it strange how new shooters don’t think a Glock feels “funny” or “unnatural” until someone tells them that it does.

Honestly, I’ve never bought into that whole line, anyway. The Ruger Mk series, as well as the Luger have a similar grip angle, and you never hear people say that they feel unnatural. Funny, that.

As for the XD “hate”? I think it goes both ways…I’ve heard a lot of XD owners rip on Glocks over the years.

Personally, I don’t dislike the XD series if pistols, but I can say that after owning a model in every flavor but the XDE, it’s not for me.
So why when I say the same about Glock is it allegedly because someone told me to ? I was far from a new shooter when I went Glock shopping. And I very much wanted one. Until I had it in my hand. I'm not even positive it's the grip angle, I just know I don't like how it feels in my hand. Then I also have zero love for Ruger automatics and I've never even seen a Luger in person.

Nobody told me that the Glock felt weird. That was my own personal experience. Besides, my instructor was carrying a Glock and touting its goodness during my class. If anything, I should've been biased TOWARD the Glock, but putting it in my hand told me otherwise.

Until I held one at age 45. My body and eyesight had changed enough that it now feels and shoots amazingly.

Except me.
Luger is the worst feeling pistol on the planet. Ugliest as well. Along with the Ruger. Glocks included .

but you already knew that from me 😂😂🤪🤪

I personally did not care for the grip angle, but I was coming from three previous 1911s. I gravitated towards polymer guns with a similar grip angle to these.

There are "Why the XD hate?" threads on just about every gun forum on the net the last several years.

And, other than some not liking the grip safety no one really posts why they hate them.

So, its' a moot point.

My .02

Back