testtest

WHY

Status
Not open for further replies.

southtex

Professional
Founding Member
Why can't a Democrat be a gun lover and please don't generalize, support your views and support your views as to why the current administration is pro gun. Possibly supply the most current federal pro gun law. This is a question of curiosity?

“The Democratic Party's philosophy of modern liberalism advocates social and economic equality, along with the welfare state.[26] It seeks to provide government regulation in the economy to promote the public interest.[27] Policies such as environmental protection, support for organized labor and labor unions, the introduction of social programs, affordable college tuition, universal health care, equal opportunity, and consumer protectionform the core of the party's economic policy.[26][28]On social issues, it advocates campaign finance reform,[29] LGBT rights,[30] police and immigration reform,[31] stricter gun laws,[32] and the legalization of marijuana.[The Democratic Party's philosophy of modern liberalism advocates social and economic equality, along with the welfare state.[26] It seeks to provide government regulation in the economy to promote the public interest.[27] Policies such as environmental protection, support for organized labor and labor unions, the introduction of social programs, affordable college tuition, universal health care, equal opportunity, and consumer protectionform the core of the party's economic policy.[26][28]On social issues, it advocates campaign finance reform,[29] LGBT rights,[30] police and immigration reform,[31] stricter gun laws,[32] and the legalization of marijuana.[33]

Answer your question:
Welfare state needs strict gun laws so the masses dont revolt on this platform and use firearms against their govt

“The Democratic Party's philosophy of modern liberalism advocates social and economic equality, along with the welfare state.[26] It seeks to provide government regulation in the economy to promote the public interest.[27] Policies such as environmental protection, support for organized labor and labor unions, the introduction of social programs, affordable college tuition, universal health care, equal opportunity, and consumer protectionform the core of the party's economic policy.[26][28]On social issues, it advocates campaign finance reform,[29] LGBT rights,[30] police and immigration reform,[31] stricter gun laws,[32] and the legalization of marijuana.[The Democratic Party's philosophy of modern liberalism advocates social and economic equality, along with the welfare state.[26] It seeks to provide government regulation in the economy to promote the public interest.[27] Policies such as environmental protection, support for organized labor and labor unions, the introduction of social programs, affordable college tuition, universal health care, equal opportunity, and consumer protectionform the core of the party's economic policy.[26][28]On social issues, it advocates campaign finance reform,[29] LGBT rights,[30] police and immigration reform,[31] stricter gun laws,[32] and the legalization of marijuana.[33]

Answer your question:
Welfare state needs strict gun laws so the masses dont revolt on this platform and use firearms against their govt
So that's all nice but where is a law change and you are saying if I am a Democrat I am all of the above.

As an individual that was a welder and union I don't understand your point. Also I think I smoked weed once in 1981 still trying to find the connection.

Last edited:
Well, I'm a Democrat and I definitely enjoy guns so I don't think the two are mutually exclusive. As I've said before, I don't think many people buy into the entirety of a political party's platform. It seems to be just the most vocal ones that do that. I find we just need to respect differences in each others' opinions and we can get along fine.

Unfortunate that any side has been more about self gain in politics and beyond! They see it as they can give rights and take them away also. The fight for both continues!
I agree! Were all Americans, respect for different opinions is what makes us so unique. I'm disgusted by the all-or-nothing attitude of the "woke" democrats, who think anyone who doesn't share all their views, no matter how far out there, is a nut or something. When it comes to guns, they've been a part of my family since we came here. We use them responsibly and have a lot of fun. I wish more of the NYC/LA crowd could see it that way, and not assume all gun owners are nazis or something. It's just wrong. I bet almost all of them would have a great time if they put down their rhetoric and came to a range day, complete with some grilling and an adult beverage after the shooting is done. I don't care what party you're in, if you want to go to the range and you're a cool person, we can be buddies.

This is the 2a candidate the democrats need. Link is a few years old.
Dick-Cheney-Giving-John-F-Kennedy-a-Gun-19367.jpg

I agree! Were all Americans, respect for different opinions is what makes us so unique. I'm disgusted by the all-or-nothing attitude of the "woke" democrats, who think anyone who doesn't share all their views, no matter how far out there, is a nut or something. When it comes to guns, they've been a part of my family since we came here. We use them responsibly and have a lot of fun. I wish more of the NYC/LA crowd could see it that way, and not assume all gun owners are nazis or something. It's just wrong. I bet almost all of them. We would have a great time if they put down their rhetoric and came to a range day, complete with some grilling and an adult beverage after the shooting is done.
And I'm a Republican, so we are friends! Thanks, benstt!
Yeah, buddy!

I believe we can all understand what I refer to as the knee jerk reaction to gun violence. It’s a narrow focus on blaming the gun instead of the person who used the gun. I lived very close to Sandy Hook in Connecticut while I was working for Mossberg and in Texas during that tragedy. It saddened and sickened me but it also strengthened my resolve to be a responsible gun owner. That tragedy was a mental health issue not a gun issue but the knee jerk reaction was to blame the gun and Connecticut politicians ran with that and won.
Education will be paramount to getting responsible gun laws passed and we all need to keep safe and promote safe gun practices following current laws and staying up to date on new laws being proposed.
Me venting.

The whole country needs an education.
The gun does not fire itself, it's the person behind it whether it is mental or violent.
Young people are exposed to violent video games and some emulate what they see on these videos.
The so called hollywood elite are all on the gun control band wagon for total confiscation, but they sure like firearms when their movies are making them millions.
In chicago there is a knee jerk reaction to all the shootings, but there is no truth in sentencing they are back on the street before the ink is dry but the honest guy is their target.
There are many laws on the books, here's an idea do your job and concentrate on the problem the criminals.
Sorry my rant..

Yep. I'd be in favor of a method to keep the crazy people from getting their hands on a gun (I don't think anyone would argue with that) but how on Earth do you narrowly tailor it so it doesn't somehow screw the rest of us AND make it actually work? The nuts don't care about what's legal.

The whole country needs an education.
The gun does not fire itself, it's the person behind it whether it is mental or violent.
Young people are exposed to violent video games and some emulate what they see on these videos.
The so called hollywood elite are all on the gun control band wagon for total confiscation, but they sure like firearms when their movies are making them millions.
In chicago there is a knee jerk reaction to all the shootings, but there is no truth in sentencing they are back on the street before the ink is dry but the honest guy is their target.
There are many laws on the books, here's an idea do your job and concentrate on the problem the criminals.
Sorry my rant..
I have a cousin in law who watched me potting away with my .22 pistol at the cabin a few years back. She felt the need to tell me that guns are horrible and kill people as I was cleaning it. I slapped it down on the table in front of her with a box of ammo and told her when it loads itself and shoots someone on its own, I'll melt down every gun I have. I haven't heard about it from her since :)

Personally, I know many democrats that are pro gun. Regardless of party affiliation, I have asked people who are anti gun why they have the opinion they do. I usually get "well, they are bad". Most of it comes from fear. Many have never even picked up a gun. More than once I have said "come with me", and before they know it, they are at a range holding a .22 target pistol.

Depending on what they read on their phone or tablet is the way it should be. That varies from what news outlet they are reading. If news outlets relied on facts rather than opinions things might be different. It's easier to be influenced that to actually do research and have an understanding.

I personally believe it all starts at home from when you are a young child. Even though society changes in direction that one may not personally agree with, it is the parents job to steer their child in the right direction. As technology as a whole is a huge part of many people's lives, it leaves most disconnected. I say disconnected in the fact that many in today's society do not know how to interact with others in person. Behaviors are learned. Just as well if you are taught that gun ownership is wrong from early on, you will most likely take that stance later in life. Same as if you are taught that gun ownership is part of just your right to defend yourself, you will likely hold that stance later in life. For me, that's where it stands. Not if your a specific political affiliation, but yet your upbringing from your parents.

I have some opinions about this and I am interested to see what you guys think. When I say democrat I mean the party and not individuals. I truly believe an individual democrat can and will support the 2nd amendment.

@benstt, please correct me if I make false statements or assumptions. The democrat talking points seem to promote that it is someone else's fault for the majority of the "wrongs" in the world. If you are poor, someone is holding you down. If you are a woman, the men want you in the kitchen. If you are a minority, the white man caused all your problems. All of these things and ideas minimize the idea that you are responsible for your actions and place in life and place the fault on someone else.

This is where one aspect of gun control comes in. If the person is at fault when they use a gun to commit a crime, then it undermines the other ideas. So we blame the gun manufacturers or the type of gun. Hence the idea that if we ban "assault weapons" mass shootings will stop. If makes zero sense statistically or logically. It appeals to the people that believe that it is also someone else's fault, not the person who committed the crime. The funny thing about this idea is that they pick and choose it. Has anyone ever seen any of the mainstream news sources report about what prescription drugs these active shooters are on? If we are serious about stopping them we should explore every avenue. So why isn't it reported? Well turn on a news station and tell me how many pharmaceutical ads you see in an hour. I digress, back to the original point.

So if we aren't personally responsible it has to be the tool's fault. Just like a person who drinks and drives and kills someone, the news screams that we should ban alcohol. Wait, what do you mean they don't blame the alcohol? Oh, that is right, how many beer ads do you see on television. So now the 2nd point, money money money. We cannot alienate the companies that are paying the liberal owned television stations billions of dollars a year.

Lastly is the people the democrats are pandering to. Minorities will make up the majority of the voting block in 10 to 20 years. Most of these will be immigrants that come from countries that are violent and have strict gun control, yes I see the irony. These immigrants have always depended upon their governments to keep them safe, they don't understand the idea that they have the right to protect themselves and their loved ones like we do. Not bashing them, just explaining the facts. So they come here, are told that they were being held down by the man, that nothing is their fault, and that we have to ban guns so you are all safe. This idea also applies to the African American communities in this country.

The interesting thing about all of this is that I am sure there are many immigrants that have been here for years that are introduced to firearms and the right to protect your own life that become ardent 2A supporters, we just won't ever see their stories.

TLDR: The democrat party wants to appeal to the half of the population that doesn't want to own their actions, acts on feelings more than logic, while not alienating the companies that pay them billions. Yes, individual democrats can support the 2A, but they will never be heard from outside of small settings. The party won't allow it.

I believe we can all understand what I refer to as the knee jerk reaction to gun violence. It’s a narrow focus on blaming the gun instead of the person who used the gun. I lived very close to Sandy Hook in Connecticut while I was working for Mossberg and in Texas during that tragedy. It saddened and sickened me but it also strengthened my resolve to be a responsible gun owner. That tragedy was a mental health issue not a gun issue but the knee jerk reaction was to blame the gun and Connecticut politicians ran with that and won.
Education will be paramount to getting responsible gun laws passed and we all need to keep safe and promote safe gun practices following current laws and staying up to date on new laws being proposed.
Me venting.
Responsible gun laws already exist. But many forget that gun laws only apply to law abiding citizens. Not criminals. Criminals disregard the gun laws as many other laws. That's why they are criminals. The mentally deranged also do not follow the laws. Most people with any real life experience knows that a armed society is a polite society. Adding more laws on top of the mountain of laws we already have will only hinder and continue to violate the 2nd Amendment.

Yep. I'd be in favor of a method to keep the crazy people from getting their hands on a gun (I don't think anyone would argue with that) but how on Earth do you narrowly tailor it so it doesn't somehow screw the rest of us AND make it actually work? The nuts don't care about what's legal.
The crazy people comment is incorrect. It’s the mentality ill I was referring to.

Personally, I know many democrats that are pro gun. Regardless of party affiliation, I have asked people who are anti gun why they have the opinion they do. I usually get "well, they are bad". Most of it comes from fear. Many have never even picked up a gun. More than once I have said "come with me", and before they know it, they are at a range holding a .22 target pistol.

Depending on what they read on their phone or tablet is the way it should be. That varies from what news outlet they are reading. If news outlets relied on facts rather than opinions things might be different. It's easier to be influenced that to actually do research and have an understanding.
You are so correct, sir. The propaganda that is mainstream tv is where these people get their ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back