testtest

WILD GAME RECIPES: SMOKED VENISON BRISKET

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
Smoking meats is the in-thing to do these days, and that’s not relegated to mainstream beef and pork.

Deer don’t offer as large or fatty briskets, so a low and slow smoking with careful tending is necessary.

SMOKED VENISON BRISKET

1610228667369.png

Boy, I don't know ..... but 220F finish temp sounds awfully high to me, especially for a very lean brisket. And 1.5 hrs per pound at 220-225F also sounds like a lot of time. I don't even take beef brisket to a finish temp of more than 200-205F, and it has many times the fat and moisture content of a venison brisket. And I've cooked several dozens of the beef variety. Rarely, if ever would it take an hour and a half per pound to cook that one, especially when wrapping at about 170F.

Now I've never smoked a venison brisket so I won't knock this recipe ................. I'm just sayin'!!! It might be perfect, it just don't seem right. Talyn, have you ever done one this way? What was your personal results if you have?

Maybe you and I can get together some day and do one up like this just to see........ wouldn't that be a hoot? (y)(y):):)

I'll bring the beer!!!!

Boy, I don't know ..... but 220F finish temp sounds awfully high to me, especially for a very lean brisket. And 1.5 hrs per pound at 220-225F also sounds like a lot of time. I don't even take beef brisket to a finish temp of more than 200-205F, and it has many times the fat and moisture content of a venison brisket. And I've cooked several dozens of the beef variety. Rarely, if ever would it take an hour and a half per pound to cook that one, especially when wrapping at about 170F.

Now I've never smoked a venison brisket so I won't knock this recipe ................. I'm just sayin'!!! It might be perfect, it just don't seem right. Talyn, have you ever done one this way? What was your personal results if you have?
I agree
Seems this temp/time with venison would taste like shoe leather

Back