testtest

Winchester RECALL 9mm 115g FMJ/JHP

Shot a couple boxes of this years ago in my Shield to try as range ammo. It was so dirty and inconsistent that I made the switch to Fiocchi FMJ and have been using that ever since. I bought 4 cases pre-Covid at a very reasonable price (less than the current 1 case price) and will stick with it once "the price is right" again. I know it will be more than pre-Covid prices but I will wait until prices settle. I still have 2 cases left but am rationing.

Edit to add last sentence.

Last edited:
I’ve never had an issue with WWB; probably the bulk ammo I’ve shot the most of...

Definitely not a worry for me, since I haven’t bought any 9mm in the window the recall states...

Glad to hear it works for you Hans. My local Bass Pro and Sportsman's Warehouse has it occasionally at reasonable pricing given the current situation. I may have to give it another try in my Hellcat if I exhaust my current supply. Maybe my Shield just didn't like it.

Lots purchased after March 25, 2021 or after.

I have bought and shoot one box of 100 bullets - the bulk white box - in May. Luckily they all worked OK in my Hellcat.
Usually I shoot Federal, but sometimes I get Winchester, Sellier Bellot, Blazer... All good.

The only one that had a weak puff was STV Golden Bee. Scared me, but the bullet cleared the barrel.

I’ve shot white box 230 gr. .45 for years and years. Never a single problem. Shot a bunch of 124 out of my 9s in the last couple years too. Never an issue.

3 brands of ammo I will always pass on. Fiocchi, Aguila and Tulammo.

My favorite 9mm plinking/training ammo is 124 gr. Blazer Brass

I’ve shot white box 230 gr. .45 for years and years. Never a single problem. Shot a bunch of 124 out of my 9s in the last couple years too. Never an issue.
What means the bolded part in the context of this thread?
Are you saying that the recall, that Winchester put out, can be ignored because you never had issues in the past?
Similarly thinking, if your car didn't broke in the past (like when it was new), it will never break in the future?

What means the bolded part in the context of this thread?
Are you saying that the recall, that Winchester put out, can be ignored because you never had issues in the past?
Similarly thinking, if your car didn't broke in the past (like when it was new), it will never break in the future?
Provably more of a response to the earlier poster saying that they had nothing but problems with it.

197BCD2F-BE4B-47F3-9D2C-20D057E4C254.jpeg

Provably more of a response to the earlier poster saying that they had nothing but problems with it.

View attachment 18560
I probably should have quoted Lock and Load, but I guess I didn't think anyone would assume I was referring to the recalled ammo since I only mentioned WWB in different weight and/or caliber and didn't mention 115gr. at all.

To clarify my position, pay attention to recalls. They do that for a reason. My comment on WWB was in response to L&L's post.

Bottom line, each gun is different as far as ammo is concerned. I am, by no means, saying that WWB is bad ammo. In fact, I shoot their ammo in my rifle and my M&P Bodyguard. I was merely stating that one of my 9mm's (M&P Shield) didn't like it, much the same as Bassbob's passing on Fiocchi, Aguila, and Tulammo. Nobody's saying any of these brands are bad, just not for the gun(s) they tried it in. Find the one that works best for you and shoot it!

If it's their white or red box "stuff", (think of another 4 letter word that smells bad), I never have to worry because it's all junk IMHO. It can't be relied on! I avoid it like the plague. Squib loads, accuracy issues, FTF's, loose bullets into the casings, etc. I have heard and witnessed many issues with Win's white box and other "range quality" 9mm and 45acp for years. It's good for reloading and that's about it for me.

Back