testtest

Winter festival dinner carry

Sld1959

Hellcat
Having the annual winter festival at a local club, and the last night is always a dinner party, usually with a theme of sorts. Well, this year is it Texas BBQ, or what we northerners think of as Texas BBQ at least lol. So people will be dressed and eating accordingly. There will be a lots of smoked beef, sides, and fancy handguns open carried to show off, what we hear called BBQ guns.

Here is what I will be wearing. Just the holster, Colt and dump pouch the rest was for another event i took the picture for. The Colt is a Detroit PD marked Detective Special.

retro.jpg

BBQ is a serious thing here in Texas. Found that out REAL fast when I moved here from NYC about 2 years ago.
The north is not on the same level. Not by a longshot. Butttt grilled and smoked meat, no matter who makes it... sign me up. Throw in open carry firearms? also sign me up.

But down here that's just going out to eat. hahahaha
Enjoy brother, sounds like it's gonna be one hell of a good time.

So, which on you Texas residents are going to step up and sponsor the Armory Life BBQ cookout for us deprived Northerners?
I cooked 50# of brisket for my wife's grandmother's 88th birthday that took 2 days. I need something bigger than a small oven! I even make my own bbq sauce that won't run off like soup with a little spice (not heat) and sweetness. I made 3 gallon on my homemade bbq. 12 quart jars sealed up nice and tight. The sauce takes about 8 hours of low temp to cook.

I cooked 50# of brisket for my wife's grandmother's 88th birthday that took 2 days. I need something bigger than a small oven! I even make my own bbq sauce that won't run off like soup with a little spice (not heat) and sweetness. I made 3 gallon on my homemade bbq. 12 quart jars sealed up nice and tight. The sauce takes about 8 hours of low temp to cook.
STOP IT!

You're making my mouth water... 🤣

BBQ SAUCE?!?!? Now we know your moniker is not accurate. No real Texan uses BBQ sauce on brisket or ribs. You're probably from Vermont! (haha)

BBQ SAUCE?!?!? Now we know your moniker is not accurate. No real Texan uses BBQ sauce on brisket or ribs. You're probably from Vermont! (haha)
I drown most all food I eat! My salads swim in dressing and you can't have bbq beans without bbq sauce! I've been stuck in this 1 horse town since I was born/hatched or otherwise. I have occasionally escaped this place a time or two.

BBQ is a serious thing here in Texas. Found that out REAL fast when I moved here from NYC about 2 years ago.
The north is not on the same level. Not by a longshot. Butttt grilled and smoked meat, no matter who makes it... sign me up. Throw in open carry firearms? also sign me up.

But down here that's just going out to eat. hahahaha
Enjoy brother, sounds like it's gonna be one hell of a good time.
Terry Blacks in ATX?

Back