testtest

XD-M Elite Compact 3.8 10mm Holster

I picked up the XD-M Elite compact in 10mm about a month after it was released. The only IWB holster that I could find was the QVO holster. Took almost 2 months to get it. Holster is ok but the belt hook that is supposed to work with a 1.5 inch belt is a tad small for my Versacarry belt.

Just ordered and received Vedder Holster's Rapid Tuck IWB for the 9mm XD-M 3.8 inch. Got lucky - the 10mm XD-M Elite Compact fits like the holster was meant for it. Sharing as I'm not sure others know about this. Seems none of the holster manufacturer's are aware as they all told me that they didn't have any options for the 10mm yet. I ordered the 1.75 hooks as an addition. This hook fits the Versacarry belt perfectly. I'm going to see if the second hook fits the QVO. The Vedder hooks are spring steel. The QVO are plastic and much thicker than the Vedder ones. Might not be as noticeable.

This holster likely worked out because of its soft backing as a hybrid holster. The slightly beefier dimensions of the 10-mm and .45-ACP variant typically only has real issues where it comes to highly molded and tightly-fitting holsters.

Good data point for those who might be interested in this holster, though. (y)

This holster likely worked out because of its soft backing as a hybrid holster. The slightly beefier dimensions of the 10-mm and .45-ACP variant typically only has real issues where it comes to highly molded and tightly-fitting holsters.

Good data point for those who might be interested in this holster, though. (y)
Soft or hard holster I would find it very uncomfortable carrying the XD-M Elite Compact 10mm IWB even with the short grip.

I have worn my .45 XDM Elite Compact for a few days now with the crossbreed reckoning holster. It fits well, but my biggest problem is the very corner of the rear sight is not covered by the leather backing so when I sit it digs into my side and it's not pleasant.

Back