testtest

XD mod 2?

Wholesalers are out of them and some have taken them off their inventory lists altogether. All that's out there are a few of the old originals and the strange new "Defender XD" ultra cheapo. It sure would be nice to get some explanation on what's going on. (The S.A. XD9801 original and Mod 2 was my single best selling gun 12 years in business. It would be nice to know if I have to start pushing Glock 26s now.)

I personally like the grip safety. I hope they don't get rid of the XD line. I would rather see them offer a more ambi version like the XD-M ELite. Perhaps a Mod.3?
I’m with ya, and I like to see the variety they have been putting out. I really like the XD-M Elite and Precision models, on the competition side of things, definitely more appealing than the G34 or the G17L..

I’m with ya, and I like to see the variety they have been putting out. I really like the XD-M Elite and Precision models, on the competition side of things, definitely more appealing than the G34 or the G17L..

As a Lefty, I'll have to admit that I strayed. I got a Glock 17 Gen5 for shooting in GSSF matches, and actually be being able to use the gun completely in my dominant hand was delightful. I now own three Glocks (yeah, I feel a little dirty), but if SA gets more ambi offerings, I would be one happy camper.

Last edited:
As a Lefty, I'll have to admit that I strayed. I got a Glock 17 Gen5 for shooting in GSSF matches, and actually be being able to use the gun completely in my dominant hand was delightful. I now own three Glocks (yeah, I feel a little dirty), but if SA gets more ambi offerings, I would be one happy camper.
I have a Gen5 17 and I love it. I was saying I really like those two offerings from SA, I don’t know if it is more the aesthetics, compared to the G34 or G17L offerings as I know they both shoot. I’ve shot SA pistols before, plenty of em. Glock is and has been Glock. I haven’t shot either of the two I’m interested in, yet but would like to. I’m with you on ambi control offerings on pistols/rifles. It should be an option, to swap especially at this day we are in with technology.

Ya I just got one of these 45's (not rom PSA) right before the pandemic started. I thought they just reduced prices because the HC has done so well. Turns out, they are reduced to clear. It's a shame, but I'm sure glad I snatched one up!

Just another interesting aspect of the "missing" Mod 2. I checked the HS-Produkt website (the Croatian manufacture of the HS 2000 and XD series for Springfield as we all know). This website in the past carried the original XD model and the XDM line of handguns under the HS designations. You can click on this link to view the new website: https://hs-produkt.hr/pistols/hs-g2-line/ . I noticed that the original XD or HS 2000 model is no longer displayed. However, the Mod. 2 (HS 9 designation) is displayed, as well as the new XDM Elite (SF19 designation). The Springfield website continues to carry the original XD model, but no XD Mod 2.

Back