testtest

XD-S extended mag.

Franderr

Alpha
Good afternoon everyone.
I'm new to handgun ownership.
I recently purchased a XD-S 45ACP. I ordered a 7 round extended mag. from Springfield. It just arrived and I cannot get it to lock in. It will lock in if I take off the sleeve. Am I doing something wrong, or is it the part ?

My wife has an XDS and all the magazines fit well except one that has to be slapped pretty hard to lock into place. Sounds like a similar issue.

I just worked with it a while before it loosened up and wasn't as difficult to lock in.

You could return it and I am sure SA would swap it out, or sit on the couch with an empty handgun and magazine and just act like you are reloading over and over. For the one magazine we had trouble with it finally "worked" into shape.

Hopefully this helps. Welcome to being a handgun owner and let us know if you have any other questions.

Good afternoon everyone.
I'm new to handgun ownership.
I recently purchased a XD-S 45ACP. I ordered a 7 round extended mag. from Springfield. It just arrived and I cannot get it to lock in. It will lock in if I take off the sleeve. Am I doing something wrong, or is it the part ?
Hello Franderr,

First id like to welcome you to the forum. I hope you find all the information you need here for any of your questions you might have. Secondly pictures would help out a lot if you can when trying to figure out a problem. Now my questions are have are have you tried to put the mag in with slide locked open or only with it closed? How hard are you slamming the mag in or are you only genitally putting in place till it clicks? Ultimately Springfield Armory’s customer service representatives can answer your questions/concerns Monday through Friday 8:30 to 4:30 CST via phone at 1-800-680-6866, International: +1-309-944-5631 or email at sales@springfield-armory.com.

My wife has an XDS and all the magazines fit well except one that has to be slapped pretty hard to lock into place. Sounds like a similar issue.

I just worked with it a while before it loosened up and wasn't as difficult to lock in.

You could return it and I am sure SA would swap it out, or sit on the couch with an empty handgun and magazine and just act like you are reloading over and over. For the one magazine we had trouble with it finally "worked" into shape.

Hopefully this helps. Welcome to being a handgun owner and let us know if you have any other questions.
thank you for your help. Sounds like a good idea.I'll give that a try. And thanks for the welcome. I'll let ya know if it works.

Hello Franderr,

First id like to welcome you to the forum. I hope you find all the information you need here for any of your questions you might have. Secondly pictures would help out a lot if you can when trying to figure out a problem. Now my questions are have are have you tried to put the mag in with slide locked open or only with it closed? How hard are you slamming the mag in or are you only genitally putting in place till it clicks? Ultimately Springfield Armory’s customer service representatives can answer your questions/concerns Monday through Friday 8:30 to 4:30 CST via phone at 1-800-680-6866, International: +1-309-944-5631 or email at sales@springfield-armory.com.
Thank you for replying. I have tried it with the slide lock open and closed. I am pushing very hard with the sleeve on. When I take the sleeve off it locks rate in with no problem. The other two mags have no problem. I'm thinking that the sleeve is just a little bit too big

The first photo his with the sleeve off and the magazine engaged. The second one the sleeve is on and the magazine will not engage

Attachments

• 20200326_182417.jpg
    20200326_182417.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 790
  • 20200326_182448.jpg
    20200326_182448.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 773
Thanks, and was just wondering. On the mag extension sleeves for my XDS9, the grip texture/pattern matches what is on the actual grip. Looking at your pics, the texture/pattern does not match your grip, and I believe they should match

Back