testtest

XD9801 Subcompact and Baldr Mini

Tango8

Alpha
Just bought the Olight Baldr Mini for my XD 3” Subcompact. Problem is the light’s “Parallel Rail Adapter” will not fit around the gun’s accessory rail. It did fit on the accessory rail of a 4” XD-M. It’s as if my gun‘s accessory rail is to thick which prevents it from fully seating deep enough into the light‘s rail adapter preventing it from fully grabbing my gun’s rail. So the question is should this light fit onto the 3” subcompact? If not, is there a light which will fit?

Just bought the Olight Baldr Mini for my XD 3” Subcompact. Problem is the light’s “Parallel Rail Adapter” will not fit around the gun’s accessory rail. It did fit on the accessory rail of a 4” XD-M. It’s as if my gun‘s accessory rail is to thick which prevents it from fully seating deep enough into the light‘s rail adapter preventing it from fully grabbing my gun’s rail. So the question is should this light fit onto the 3” subcompact? If not, is there a light which will fit?
Can you please provide pictures? I have a sub compact I can throw mine on and see if it gives me the same issue and what I would have to do to correct.

Unfortunately, I already returned the light. The bottom portion of the rail is what I was referring to. While attempting to snap on the light’s parallel rail, it would fit on one side but would not press all the way down and grab the other side. It appears the only way to make it fit would be to grind away material on the bottom of the gun’s rail, something I didn’t want to do.

Attachments

• CB246B6F-7DA8-4BB5-A4CC-80110E006256.jpeg
    CB246B6F-7DA8-4BB5-A4CC-80110E006256.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 137
Unfortunately, I already returned the light. The bottom portion of the rail is what I was referring to. While attempting to snap on the light’s parallel rail, it would fit on one side but would not press all the way down and grab the other side. It appears the only way to make it fit would be to grind away material on the bottom of the gun’s rail, something I didn’t want to do.
I've heard of this before on the XD with a PL Mini 2 Valkyrie. This particular model works fine on the XD-S and XD-M.

I have a Baldr Mini on my Hellcat. You have to over-loosen the flipper handle to allow the mount to open wide enough to get onto the rail. I removed the flipper handle altogether, and replaced it with a screw and nylock nut from Lowes. Smaller package, and I don't need the quick release feature. It also mounts more solidly and holds zero perfectly this way.

I have a Baldr Mini on my Hellcat. You have to over-loosen the flipper handle to allow the mount to open wide enough to get onto the rail. I removed the flipper handle altogether, and replaced it with a screw and nylock nut from Lowes. Smaller package, and I don't need the quick release feature. It also mounts more solidly and holds zero perfectly this way.
I think the issue is the pic rail is not well made like later models, so this particular brand of light doesn't fit well.

Back