testtest

XDS Mod.2 Magazines

Hi everyone. Im new to the forum and wanted to send greetings along with a quick question. I just purchased an XDS Mod.2 .45 acp. Ive put around 250 rounds through it so far and am loving it! My question is - does anyone know if their are magazines available for it that are larger than the 5 or 6 round mags that it came with? Im pretty sure that Springfield doesn't have any others, but perhaps their is a 3rd party option available? Or, maybe another model or mfr would be compatible? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks. I look forward to chatting with everybody.

Thanks. I looked there and all they carry are OEM 5 and 6 cartridge capacity mags. I even emailed them and their response was to say they don't carry anything else. I'm trying to find out if springfield makes anything larger and if not is there something else that would be compatible?

The original XDS had the 7 round extended mag I think, but from what I've researched the Mod 2 only has the 5 or 6 rounds mags. That's the main reason I went with the Shield 45 over the Springfield XDS 45 was the mag capacity. Otherwise both handguns were Cadillacs.

From what I have been told by other XDs owners, and seen on other websites, the 7-round mags from the original XDs 45 will fit in the XDs Mod.2 if you remove the plastic magazine sleeve. I have not tried this myself, but it may be an option if you don't mind the stainless steel portion of the mag protruding past the plastic grip. I'm still holding out hope that Springfield will re-design the plastic sleeves to work with the Mod.2 grip.

Back