testtest

XDs Mod.2 OSP ?

HD63

Operator
New to dealing with red dots so can someone tell me what will fit the OSP model without modifications? I also need green dot instead of red due to astigmatism.

Thanks

I also need green dot instead of red due to astigmatism.
How does astigmatism affect the color choice?
Not trying to be snarky, I've also have very bad astigmatism in both eyes I see red and green equally well.
I wish they made a blue dot as I had a cheap $50 RBG dot sight and I really loved the blue as I just seen it better all around.

New to dealing with red dots so can someone tell me what will fit the OSP model without modifications? I also need green dot instead of red due to astigmatism.

Thanks
Check out the Springfield Armory website they should list the red dot sights that will Mount onto your pistol.
The color choice will be determined on what will fit and whether that one in particular offers a choice of color dot.

Last edited:
How does astigmatism affect the color choice?
Not trying to be snarky, I've also have very bad astigmatism in both eyes I see red and green equally well.
I wish they made a blue dot as I had a cheap $50 RBG dot sight and I really loved the blue as I just seen it better all around.
When I look through a Red optic I see Box 2 and 3. With green I see this. For my use it makes a huge difference.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 3.21.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 3.21.45 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 164
  • Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 3.24.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 3.24.49 PM.png
    867.6 KB · Views: 156
When I look through a Red optic I see Box 2 and 3. With green I see this. For my use it makes a huge difference.
Now that's very helpful! So if you look at just a green dot you do not get "smear" so to say? Or does it need to be that green reticle in the picture?
Puzzle pieces are coming together for me.

Now that's very helpful! So if you look at just a green dot you do not get "smear" so to say? Or does it need to be that green reticle in the picture?
Puzzle pieces are coming together for me.
Exactly. With the red I get a starburst or smear effect on some brands of red dots I get a huge starburst. With the green I see it clearly like in the picture I posted but actually clearer than that. The Holosun 507K X2 green dot has 3 settings like this. I like the first one. They say an Optometrist can make a set of glasses to fix seeing all that when shooting but I'd prefer to just have a good green dot optic. It's also easier to see in bright light.
I can see all 3 of those below without distortion.

Attachments

• Holosun-HE507C-GR-Elite-Reticle.jpeg
    Holosun-HE507C-GR-Elite-Reticle.jpeg
    10.3 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
I may need to research this more for myself. I'm glad you provided the pictures as it seems I too have a problem I kept thinking it was dust/dirt on the lens of the emitter or glass itself.
Thank you👍
I found for me I need to turn the laser way down to combat a "brightness" problem when it was my astigmatism.

It will be different for anyone with astigmatisms. I might need mine brighter or in my case a different color. Holosun makes a Holosun HE507C-GR-X2 ACSS VULCAN with green Chevron but it’s for full size handguns. Thinking about mounting it on my XDM Elite compact.

Attachments

• 7933B577-CC21-446C-9179-269080831C60.jpeg
    7933B577-CC21-446C-9179-269080831C60.jpeg
    38.5 KB · Views: 140
Back