testtest

XDs trigger problems?

papa

Professional
Founding Member
New member here. Just wondering if anyone here , who has an XDs had any issues with the safety tab on the trigger breaking and locking up the action?

This happened to my XDs .45

New member here. Just wondering if anyone here , who has an XDs had any issues with the safety tab on the trigger breaking and locking up the action?

Just purchased one... going to the range tomorrow. Thanks for the info.

I have an XDM 10mm that wouldn’t fire just yesterday. Not sure of course if our problems are the same.

My pistol cocked indicator was normal and a trigger pull released the firing pin but firing pin wouldn’t make contact with the primer. The tab wasn’t getting activated to allow the firing pin to make contact with primer. The pistol has been sent back to Springfield.

I bought an XDs .45 early 2019, I’ve ran about 1000 rds and not a single issue with the trigger nor any malfunctions. Did you try reach out to Springfield?

No i haven't I have the first model XD .45 and have shot north of a 1000 rounds without a hicup

Definitely call SA, they have excellent customer support. I bought a 45 XDs in 2012 that had to go back for the recall. Then sent it back later for a light strike issue that I was unable to resolve. It shoots flawlessly now and I would never part with it. Their support has a good reputation and will work with you until the problem is resolved. I also have a 40 XDM and a 1911 (stainless loaded) that are 100% reliable and fun to shoot. MHO Springfield makes quality products and they will stand behind it.

I bought an XD mod2 in August 2019 and have put close to 8000 rounds through it already. I shoot alot of rapid fire with it also and have not had any trigger problems. Only problem I have is when you load a magazine and go to rack the slide to chamber the 1st round the slide locks back and can be tough to release forward. My husband has the same gun and he has the same slide problem but no trigger problems.

Same here. I have 2 XD9's 3 and 4 inch. No trigger issues although I did replace striker retaining pin on both due to warnings of dry fire breakage. Pistol competition requires dry fire to clear range. In fact I really like stock trigger action.

Anything with safety you want to contact Springfield they will help you and let them know you got the recommendation to contact through the Armory Life forum.

Springfield Armory’s customer service representatives can answer your questions/concerns Monday through Friday 8:30 to 4:30 CST via phone at 1-800-680-6866, International: +1-309-944-5631 or email at sales@springfield-armory.com.

That said, since 2001 when I to my first HS2000 I have probably only seen 3-5 broken trigger safety tabs so that is not a common thing to break.

I did contact Springfield . They sent me a shipping label , I sent the firearm in , and they fixed it free of charge by installing a new trigger.

The tab on the trigger safety broke off and locked up the action. Now I am wondering if I should buy an after market trigger for the gun.

I did contact Springfield . They sent me a shipping label , I sent the firearm in , and they fixed it free of charge by installing a new trigger.

The tab on the trigger safety broke off and locked up the action. Now I am wondering if I should buy an after market trigger for the gun.
Freedomsmith Fat Daddy triggers are very nice. They help with pre and over travel and are all metal.

My only complaint about the XDs Mod2 45 is that it is so difficult to find the magazine extenders. Why doesn't SA sell extenders for the 7 round magazine for the Mod2, when they sell the magazine for the XDS? The magazines are compatible, but the extenders are not.

My only disappointment with SA, and I have quite a few firearms from them.

Anything with safety you want to contact Springfield they will help you and let them know you got the recommendation to contact through the Armory Life forum.

Springfield Armory’s customer service representatives can answer your questions/concerns Monday through Friday 8:30 to 4:30 CST via phone at 1-800-680-6866, International: +1-309-944-5631 or email at sales@springfield-armory.com.
I Was going to contact Springfield until I read on their website that they will not touch a gun that has after market modifications not done by them. Any my XD mod2 has a complete powder river precision extreme competition trigger kit and action work, spring and sear in it. I shoot about 500-700 rds a weekend at matches and I have very small hands. The Massachusetts required 8.5lb trigger was just to much so I have to bring it way down.

I Was going to contact Springfield until I read on their website that they will not touch a gun that has after market modifications not done by them. Any my XD mod2 has a complete powder river precision extreme competition trigger kit and action work, spring and sear in it. I shoot about 500-700 rds a weekend at matches and I have very small hands. The Massachusetts required 8.5lb trigger was just to much so I have to bring it way down.
Were on the website does it say that?

per the website
WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THIS LIMITED WARRANTY?

This Limited Warranty does not cover any damage or condition determined by Springfield to be caused by:

• unauthorized repairs, disassembly, adjustments or modifications
  • carelessness, negligence, misuse, or unsafe handling
  • normal wear and tear
  • failure to properly or reasonably store, use, or maintain the product
  • hand-loaded, reloaded, remanufactured, or defective ammunition

So if your aftermarket modifications are causing the problem they will not warranty the problem. So for example if you put aftermarket sights on your gun, then complain that the gun is not accurate and shots to the left. Well who ever put the sights in will need to fix it. Same example your trigger safety breaks on the pistol you put sights or an aftermarket back plate on. One has nothing to do with the other.

So a prime example of something that would not be covered. You install the super duper PRP trigger kit and you get light strikes. Well Springfield will not cover your light strikes.

Last edited:
I bought an XD mod2 in August 2019 and have put close to 8000 rounds through it already. I shoot alot of rapid fire with it also and have not had any trigger problems. Only problem I have is when you load a magazine and go to rack the slide to chamber the 1st round the slide locks back and can be tough to release forward. My husband has the same gun and he has the same slide problem but no trigger problems.

so when you release the slide, with a loaded magazine you are using the slide stop. And what your saying pushing the slide stop is really hard to push down?

I also own an xds .45 mod 1 and have put several hundred rounds through and never have had an issue.

so when you release the slide, with a loaded magazine you are using the slide stop. And what your saying pushing the slide stop is really hard to push down?
Yes. If you have a loaded magazine but no chambered round yet and the slide was not locked back when you inserted the magazine and you rack the slide to chamber the first round, the slide will lock back instead of just sliding back an then returning forward into battery and ready to fire. Then when you go to you the slide release button on the left side of the frame to release the slide and chamber the round you cannot just push it with your thumb like most striker fired guns. You have to push the slide release and pull the slide back at the same time or it will not release. Even then sometimes it is tough to get it to release. I have torn the gun down to its frame and nothing is rubbing or bent so IDK.

Back