testtest

Very Disappointed...☹️

Should the instigator get banned from good threads

• Yes

Votes: 17 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
There are multiple possible solutions. I'm pretty sure the one I would prefer would not be one the owners and/or moderators on this forum would agree with.

The thing is if people are getting away with political comments, but not ALL people are getting away with it then something should be done. I would favor easing up on the no politics rule a little bit. The fact is 2A issues are unfortunately inherently political to begin with.

There are multiple possible solutions. I'm pretty sure the one I would prefer would not be one the owners and/or moderators on this forum would agree with.

The thing is if people are getting away with political comments, but not ALL people are getting away with it then something should be done. I would favor easing up on the no politics rule a little bit. The fact is 2A issues are unfortunately inherently political to begin with.
Good point!

I feel it's the negatively directed posters that target other posters and gets them to argue that possibly need to be looked into more.

I saw the thread going off topic and becoming confrontational, so I popped out. Don't much care for that.
I hear what your saying but this threads point is that an instigator can take a thread off topic quickly in a negative way and the OP ends up with their thread shutdown.

My comments in this post are not intended to argue against anything you said and to only show the intent of the topic in this current thread that discusses dealing with instigators.

Last edited:
I hear what your saying but my point is that an instigator can take a thread off topic quickly in a negative way and the OP ends up with their thread shutdown.

My comments in this post are not intended to argue against anything you said and to only show the intent of the topic in this current thread and instigators.
I usually get the "hyperbole" and it removed.

I really like the collegial atmosphere of this forum and I think for most of the regulars we understand each other’s sensibilities and can have a pretty good discourse. What aggravates me is the folks who show up out of the blue and start baiting people and taking personal potshots. I have a hard time suffering sh*t talkers and do my best to walk away but every now and then I read something that I just can’t let go. I would like to see the mods jump into the forum and calm things down a bit rather than close it, but that seems to rarely happen. Ultimately, I feel like if you want to get into it politically, take it to 1911 Addicts or ARF.com where there’s plenty of “informed” folks who will share their opinion with you. Or if that’s not hardcore enough take a spin on Texas Gun Talk - that’s the proper Wild West right there.

I really like the collegial atmosphere of this forum and I think for most of the regulars we understand each other’s sensibilities and can have a pretty good discourse. What aggravates me is the folks who show up out of the blue and start baiting people and taking personal potshots. I have a hard time suffering sh*t talkers and do my best to walk away but every now and then I read something that I just can’t let go. I would like to see the mods jump into the forum and calm things down a bit rather than close it, but that seems to rarely happen. Ultimately, I feel like if you want to get into it politically, take it to 1911 Addicts or ARF.com where there’s plenty of “informed” folks who will share their opinion with you. Or if that’s not hardcore enough take a spin on Texas Gun Talk - that’s the proper Wild West right there.
Wow that was well spoken!!!

I do agree there is a really good group of people here that I consider friends and a vast majority of the membership shows respect to each other even when disagreeing on a topic and it's what keeps me coming back to the only forum I've ever belonged to but sometimes a thread can be derailed when personal insults come into play caused usually by a few bad eggs.

I appreciate your comments and keeping to the threads original intent.

This best sums up @Annihilator and we wouldn't have it any other way....🤣

Screenshot_20210821-204057_Firefox.jpg

Wow that was well spoken!!!

I do agree there is a really good group of people here that I consider friends and a vast majority of the membership shows respect to each other even when disagreeing on a topic and it's what keeps me coming back to the only forum I've ever belonged to but sometimes a thread can be derailed when personal insults come into play caused usually by a few bad eggs.

I appreciate your comments and keeping to the threads original intent.
"...usually by a few bad eggs."

Yep. I noticed those couple of "bad eggs" awhile back, and just quit posting/replying to their posts. I refuse to play juvenile, playground games.

"...usually by a few bad eggs."

Yep. I noticed those couple of "bad eggs" awhile back, and just quit posting/replying to their posts. I refuse to play juvenile, playground games.
That's a good advice and I need to start employing that advice myself so I don't get caught up in anything negative that will contaminate a good thread.

To all members “Those couple of bad eggs" could be different for everyone including past or present members so please don't feel you are the target of the above posters comments and remain respectful to anyone you disagree with.

Last edited:
Let call a spade a spade. They're trolls, and most forums see it for what it is and ban them.
I agree and suspect trolls should be warned then eventually banned if necessary. I'm open to hear anyone's argument on a subject and I'll always respond back with respect even if I do not agree with the poster and only if the poster is not being openly insulting to me or anyone else.

Back