testtest

FYI Winchester Ammo recall

Is sad news for everyone here and there. They'll get the cause fixed. Likely very soon, if not already. But,....so much for their advertised reasoning for price increase being completely right or justified? ....Maybe an old name, newly produced product by an already experienced and established company, but it is still a new company formation and product, likely with some new employees learning the ropes and with some newer equipment? Regardless, stuff can still happen out of the blue with "growing pains" for any newly founded company, they've got some good roots and will pull out of it.

Is sad news for everyone here and there. They'll get the cause fixed. Likely very soon, if not already. But,....so much for their advertised reasoning for price increase being completely right or justified? ....Maybe an old name, newly produced product by an already experienced and established company, but it is still a new company formation and product, likely with some new employees learning the ropes and with some newer equipment? Regardless, stuff can still happen out of the blue with "growing pains" for any newly founded company, they've got some good roots and will pull out of it.
Maybe there's really nothing wrong with the ammo and they are just recalling it to resell at a much higher price.....😱

JK...🤪

Last edited:
Maybe there's really nothing wrong with the ammo and they are recalling it to sell at a much higher price.....😱

JK...🤪
Hah, yah, right? :)
Not really thinking so even when know you're joking.

If someone was serious? Recalling and replacing ammo wouldn't normally be cost efficient or worthwhile even to resell.

Just ballparking - If not defective, they'd have to sell new ammo at a price to recoup costs at least 3x's original price because of labor. If defective - Could easily be like paying to produce the ammo 4x's or 5x's by the time all costs are figured in? - Original product, replacement product and S&H plus other labor costs to replace.

They're not likely going to resell possibly defective product, will likely dismantle or recycle. Then, there's those recycling costs too? Ouch? Besides, if product is too high priced or shunned by public for other reasons, like poor quality, high costs, too many complaints or recalls, company has little to gain. They ain't going there.

Now, if they accidentally capped the ammo or made cases with more expensive things like gold, silver or filled them with Martian moon dust, it might be another fantasy scenario, maybe? And darn, even worse, the name black gold's already been spoken for by oil companies too? Sheeze and it isn't even Monday yet? Must be practice? :)

Out running errands today I stopped by my local (Shoot Point Blank) LGS
My take is things are getting better. Lots of guns and tons of ammunition At just slightly higher prices. I picked up some Sig Sauer 150g .308 for sighting in the scope on my M1A
yeah, i got a new Canik METE the other day, all the 9MM i'd want, as well as all the other popular calibers i shoot, .45 ACP, 357 mag, 38 special, .22LR, and NO limits....!!!!!

The way I see it, range-fodder is just range-fodder.

Is it sad that there's a recall - as a consumer, I do believe that....but I'd also rather that a company is big enough to own-up to a recall, rather than to decide to just pay-out the claims when they come.

For those who have been in the hobby long enough to have endured the '08-'16 shortage (that peaked post-'12 with Newtown), we will remember that there was a period during which QA/QC also declined. For me, that realization first started with a warning from local instructors who were avid competition shooters, and then manifest in my own hands when I saw more than the usual number of deformed bullets/cases in factory-new production across several major brands, including both CCI and Winchester.

I'm by no means a true high-volume shooter, but during that time, I was going through somewhere around 30K rounds a year, the majority of which were WWB and Blazer Brass. So far, I've been lucky.....

The way I see it, range-fodder is just range-fodder.

Is it sad that there's a recall - as a consumer, I do believe that....but I'd also rather that a company is big enough to own-up to a recall, rather than to decide to just pay-out the claims when they come.

For those who have been in the hobby long enough to have endured the '08-'16 shortage (that peaked post-'12 with Newtown), we will remember that there was a period during which QA/QC also declined. For me, that realization first started with a warning from local instructors who were avid competition shooters, and then manifest in my own hands when I saw more than the usual number of deformed bullets/cases in factory-new production across several major brands, including both CCI and Winchester.

I'm by no means a true high-volume shooter, but during that time, I was going through somewhere around 30K rounds a year, the majority of which were WWB and Blazer Brass. So far, I've been lucky.....
WWB and Blazer Brass are my primaries. I've been real lucky I guess. I have never had any failures with either of them. S&B and Fiocci on the other hand.......

Back