testtest

For FORD owners that don't know

I was informed about this issue of a ford owner in the same town I live in.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/what-you-should-know-about-the-ford-super-duty-death-wobble/

FORD! Step up! Honor the warranty!
I’ve never experienced it with my F250 I have hit a few bad areas of roads here in Kentucky and had the truck jump hard but I always maintain a firm grip on the steering wheel to avoid it escalating into an out of control situation. I did have the steering damper replaced “under recall” and have plans to have the front end steering components checked in the next couple weeks.
Almost 60k miles

Last edited:
I can tell you that the 250s and 350s from the mid 90s with the split front axles or whatever they were called were a PITA. There is only one way to align the front end where the wheels don't cock out and wear the tires unevenly. And that is to have it aligned and while it's still on the rack weld the spindle to the axle with a piece of 1/2' bar stock. Better have the alignment correct when you do it. I never had no death wobble though. 7.3 Power Stroke with a 5 speed. Damn I loved that truck.

Last edited:
I can tell you that the 250s and 350s from the mid 90s with the split front axles or whatever they were called were a PITA. There is only one way to align the front end where the wheels don't cock out and wear the tires unevenly. And that is to have it aligned and while it's still on the rack weld the spindle to the axle with a piece of 1/2' bar stock. Better have the alignment correct when you do it. I never had no death wobble though. 7.3 Power Stroke with a 5 speed. Damn I loved that truck.
That's their version of an independent 4x4 front suspension.

I was informed about this issue of a ford owner in the same town I live in.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/what-you-should-know-about-the-ford-super-duty-death-wobble/

FORD! Step up! Honor the warranty!
Ford has the worst customer service I've ever experienced. When I bought my F150 brand new a few years ago I was having some weird electrical issues with the wipers turning on by themselves and the touchscreen display bringing up screens for electric vehicle information which my truck is not an electric vehicle. I had to take my truck to the dealership 4 different times while it was still well within the factory warranty and they failed to fix the issue 3 of those times and during all of this they wouldn't even provide me with a rental. The issue ended up being a bad windshield seal from the factory that was letting water get the the computer which both ended up being replaced.

The other issue I had with Ford customer service was when my front bumper which is factory painted to match the body was showing aggressive premature rust and corrosion which I found out is a common issue on the F150 painted bumpers. The pitting gets so bad so quickly that the bumper can't even be saved and had to be replaced. Ford would not honor the corrosion or rust warranty with the excuse of there isn't a hole through the bumper so it's not covered even though the Ford dealership body shop tech said he sees this bumper issue almost daily and Ford never owns the issue. I've called Ford directly to get this resolved and they have failed to make it right.

I've had a few safety related recalls with my truck also and was told that even though my VIN # is part of the recall Ford won't replace any parts unless there's currently an issue associated with the recall and to top it off the recall has an expiration date that they won't service your vehicle for the recall after the allotted time if the problem happens later.

I do like driving my 3.5 Ecoboost but I'm not impressed with Ford customer service and I wouldn't expect them to suddenly step up and own their known issue.

Ford has the worst customer service I've ever experienced. When I bought my F150 brand new a few years ago I was having some weird electrical issues with the wipers turning on by themselves and the touchscreen display bringing up screens for electric vehicle information which my truck is not an electric vehicle. I had to take my truck to the dealership 4 different times while it was still well within the factory warranty and they failed to fix the issue 3 of those times and during all of this they wouldn't even provide me with a rental. The issue ended up being a bad windshield seal from the factory that was letting water get the the computer which both ended up being replaced.

The other issue I had with Ford customer service was when my front bumper which is factory painted to match the body was showing aggressive premature rust and corrosion which I found out is a common issue on the F150 painted bumpers. The pitting gets so bad so quickly that the bumper can't even be saved and had to be replaced. Ford would not honor the corrosion or rust warranty with the excuse of there isn't a hole through the bumper so it's not covered even though the Ford dealership body shop tech said he sees this bumper issue almost daily and Ford never owns the issue. I've called Ford directly to get this resolved and they have failed to make it right.

I've had a few safety related recalls with my truck also and was told that even though my VIN # is part of the recall Ford won't replace any parts unless there's currently an issue associated with the recall and to top it off the recall has an expiration date that they won't service your vehicle for the recall after the allotted time if the problem happens later.

I do like driving my 3.5 Ecoboost but I'm not impressed with Ford customer service and I wouldn't expect them to suddenly step up and own their known issue.

Agreed on Fords customer dealership vehicle service being very poor.
Have had new Ford trucks in for a simple oil change more than once and unexpected things happened. Once, for a simple oil change, they wrecked the whole front end during a road test by running into another vehicle on the street...a road test for an oil change? On another new Ford truck, took the truck in elsewhere for the second scheduled oil change after a supposed 1st oil change from a Ford dealership, found the original factory oil filter hadn't been changed yet. On yet another new Ford truck, it was rusting on the body seams on less than a year old truck. Oh, that's normal was the reponse. There's other Ford service stories could tell, but that's enough for me. Haven't had another ford truck since. I loved the older 1960's and 70's Ford trucks, the newer ones from the 1980's and newer they can keep.

The twin I beam was for 2 wheel drives. They changed that to get rid of coil springs and add struts. Another :poop: y deal, but some loved it?
You're right! I missed the part where y'all were talkin about 4X4's. I think they were called 'Dual Traction Beam' or something similar on the 4X4's, and yeh, they were a bi-ch to align too. Basically the same design .... just that the beams/axles were cold formed rather than cast. And damn they were big and bulky.

1634703207436.gif

🤪🤪🤪🤪

-Lock the hubs manually
-No push button anything
-What this thing called intermittent wipers ???
-Metal dashboard comes standard
-4 - 55 air conditioning
- pump 4 times to prime the carb
- no death wobble and no air bags either

Its a KillerFord77

View attachment 21442
My cousin still has his '78 150 red w/ white top (cab) 351c (?). I rebuilt the c4 trans for him back in '86(7). Pretty sure it wasn't a c6? Also rebuilt the engine, he burned up the crank.

My last bad experience with my dealership was during an oil change/tire rotation the oil change went ok but the service guy forgot to give me back my wheel lock key, I took some of the blame when I found it missing two days later for not checking before I left but when talking to the service advisor I found out he’d done this multiple times. Needless to say I was not happy and lucky I didn’t get a flat. Because of that incident they are inspecting my front end and rebalancing all four wheels for free.

The thing is Ford is not alone in poor customer service when it comes to dealerships refusing to do the right thing.

I owned a S10 and at 25k miles the truck started shaking violently when braking, I took it to the selling dealership and was told that I must have driven through a puddle when the rotors were hot and they warped. They refused to help replace them.
Same truck the head gasket went at 45k miles even with an extended warranty they refused to fix it because I had a ladder rack on it and was using it for a business.

GMC Hummer H3 a really cool truck but at 15k miles the radiator fell apart and they refused to replace it because I didn’t have them replace the anti freeze every 5k miles, after I sold the truck I received a recall from GMC that they were replacing the radiator’s due to them failing.

Last edited:
Back