testtest

Firearm storage......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
Now I am seeing states trying to pass mandatory gun storage laws. Ok, how are you supposed to protect your home and family if you have to have it stored in there eyes properly. Now, if you have kids in the house, most responsible gun owners do store the guns properly, but if you don’t have kids, then it should be at your discretion, not by some law. I have one of the Hornady quick access gun cabinet/safe, no kids here, but just to be safe. I keep the bracelet close at night in case I need to get into it.

How is my locked door on my home that secures all of my homes contents good to secure thousands of dollars in household items but not a firearm?
My locked door on my home should be and considered the "safe".
Ignorance seems to be popular these days.
And common sense isn't so common.

Last edited:
They have to be in a safe here or have a trigger lock on them or have a device redering them inoperable. (cable lock) I am ok with that if you have little ones running around the house. When the kids are all grown up and know how to handle them better than out elected officials do, it kind of defeats the purpose if you are trying to unlock something as someone is trying to break in.
How about this one.... It's the law here that guns have to be sold with a trigger lock or cable. Now they want to pass a law that private guns sales will require the seller to also provide a gun safe. Two immediate questions I would have is what would classify as a gun safe and what happens if you are selling a long gun? Really? They can't just leave it at trigger locks? Anything that they can do to make it more difficult for us or discourage us from owning firearms, they are all for.

They have to be in a safe here or have a trigger lock on them or have a device redering them inoperable. (cable lock) I am ok with that if you have little ones running around the house. When the kids are all grown up and know how to handle them better than out elected officials do, it kind of defeats the purpose if you are trying to unlock something as someone is trying to break in.
How about this one.... It's the law here that guns have to be sold with a trigger lock or cable. Now they want to pass a law that private guns sales will require the seller to also provide a gun safe. Two immediate questions I would have is what would classify as a gun safe and what happens if you are selling a long gun? Really? They can't just leave it at trigger locks? Anything that they can do to make it more difficult for us or discourage us from owning firearms, they are all for.
Most new firearms come with a cable lock.
The only way to combat your situation is to vote the people out that are making those laws.

I have 2 small children and I have multiple safes. I have one downstairs that I use for my daily Carry. When I walk-in the door, I go straight there and put my gun in it. I have a vaultek lifepod on my night stand and also a larger 36 gun safe in my closet. They all have different codes that I picked randomly. I even lock up my ammo as well.

Most new firearms come with a cable lock.
The only way to combat your situation is to vote the people out that are making those laws.
Since 2005, all guns come with some sort of lock. It’s usually a cable lock. This is mandated by federal law, that they all come with locks

Since 2005, all guns come with some sort of lock. It’s usually a cable lock. This is mandated by federal law, that they all come with locks

True. Sorry, I was intrupted as I was yammering on typing this morning and forgot were I was. Everyone knows that here :)

Except for my home defense gun every one of my firearms is locked in the bedroom closet when we have guest or leave the apartment for any length of time and since it’s just me and my lady and my chihuahua Nena in the apartment no worries.
Of course I’m starting to worry about my dog.
Every time someone is at the door she runs out of the bedroom like this.
0A8599F8-1DF0-4673-B12C-C229D22860B4.jpeg

Except for my home defense gun every one of my firearms is locked in the bedroom closet when we have guest or leave the apartment for any length of time and since it’s just me and my lady and my chihuahua Nena in the apartment no worries.
Of course I’m starting to worry about my dog.
Every time someone is at the door she runs out of the bedroom like this.
View attachment 1939
That’s priceless :LOL:

True. Sorry, I was intrupted as I was yammering on typing this morning and forgot were I was. Everyone knows that here :)
Not a problem jmcd. It appears your state is the only one that requires by state law that all firearms are store with a lock. I was just replying that Federal law passed in 2005, required each firearm to come with a lock. As many firearms sales people have mentioned to me when purchasing a new firearm, “and it even comes with a bicycle lock 🔐🚴‍♂️:sneaky:

Not a problem jmcd. It appears your state is the only one that requires by state law that all firearms are store with a lock. I was just replying that Federal law passed in 2005, required each firearm to come with a lock. As many firearms sales people have mentioned to me when purchasing a new firearm, “and it even comes with a bicycle lock 🔐🚴‍♂️:sneaky:
Thatks Bet7. It can get a little squirrelly around here with all the laws. Ammo is supposed to be locked up as well. I believe we are the only state (Commonwealth) in the country that you cant go freely into a store and by a new Glock unless you are a LEO. All sorts of ridiculousness on that as well. You can own them, you just can't buy them. (from an FFL)

Thatks Bet7. It can get a little squirrelly around here with all the laws. Ammo is supposed to be locked up as well. I believe we are the only state (Commonwealth) in the country that you cant go freely into a store and by a new Glock unless you are a LEO. All sorts of ridiculousness on that as well. You can own them, you just can't buy them. (from an FFL)
Wow, MA. is one restrictive state when it comes to firearms (I know there are others, seems like several of the original 13 colonies are either very restrictive or leaning in that direction). What a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back