testtest

Fell down the Springfield rabbit hole......

Hey yall, new member here! Earlier this year, after drooling over a Hellcat for several months, I decided to purchase one as my new EDC. Previously I was carrying a M&P9 2.0 subcompact and before that a Glock 19. The Glock was sold off to finance the M&P, as I had owned one of the first gen M&Ps and enjoyed it. Although a good, reliable carry gun, I had to work my but off to shoot the thing to "my" standard. This was something I had never before experienced with any other handgun, although it was the smallest carry gun I had ever owned. Just so happens that my wife shoots better than almost any other gun I hand her, so with that I began my search for a new carry gun.

As I said before, I had drooled over the Hellcat months prior to purchasing one, and absolutely loved the sight setup. I have now owned one for approximately eight months. I have literally carried it everywhere in an awesome Tulster holster (my favorite carry holster yet; also carried the M&P subcompact in one). It carries amazingly well, as one would expect. I was a bit concerned about the recoil due to it being a smaller gun, but for whatever reason, felt recoil is the same as the larger M&P subcompact. To top it off, I shoot it just as well as my larger handguns. The trigger is phenomenal for a striker fired gun, with a good, crisp and short reset. Saying that I LOVE the Hellcat would be an understatement.

After such good experience with the Hellcat as well as a Springfield Mil-Spec 1911 I purchased last year, I decided to give the XD series a go. I have owned several Glocks, several M&Ps, and a Sig P320 over the past decade. I absolutely loved the Sig, but it would not reliably feed steel cased ammo (which Sig itself does not recommend with their firearms). The Glocks and M&Ps I had would run steel case no problemo. I set my eyes on the XDM Elite 3.8 9mm, which I have now owned for approximately six months. It is definitely one of the best striker fired handguns I have ever owned. The flat face trigger is crisp with a short reset like the Hellcat (maybe not quite as crisp but close). The controls are easy to manipulate and the factory magwell was a really nice touch. The gun has a very good, tough finish. XDM Elite magazines are some of the best factory mags I have ever seen. Lastly, the manufacturer (which I know is HS Produkt) actually marks the front and rear sight dovetails as a guide for lining replacement sights up perfectly. I have changed the sights out to Night Fision with a green/yellow front and blacked out tritium U notch rear....which mimics the Hellcat sights.

I now have approximately five hundred rounds through both the Hellcat and XDM Elite each with any issues. Both guns simply run and are easy to shoot well. Saying all this, I have yet another XDM Elite, this time a 4.5 9mm, now on the way to my FFL. I will do a full range report with all three guns after it arrives. I apologize in advance for the long post! Does anyone else enjoy their Hellcats/XDMs as much as I do?

Attachments

• 20210609_172414.jpg
    20210609_172414.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 117
  • 20210609_1727432.jpg
    20210609_1727432.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 105
Hey yall, new member here! Earlier this year, after drooling over a Hellcat for several months, I decided to purchase one as my new EDC. Previously I was carrying a M&P9 2.0 subcompact and before that a Glock 19. The Glock was sold off to finance the M&P, as I had owned one of the first gen M&Ps and enjoyed it. Although a good, reliable carry gun, I had to work my but off to shoot the thing to "my" standard. This was something I had never before experienced with any other handgun, although it was the smallest carry gun I had ever owned. Just so happens that my wife shoots better than almost any other gun I hand her, so with that I began my search for a new carry gun.

As I said before, I had drooled over the Hellcat months prior to purchasing one, and absolutely loved the sight setup. I have now owned one for approximately eight months. I have literally carried it everywhere in an awesome Tulster holster (my favorite carry holster yet; also carried the M&P subcompact in one). It carries amazingly well, as one would expect. I was a bit concerned about the recoil due to it being a smaller gun, but for whatever reason, felt recoil is the same as the larger M&P subcompact. To top it off, I shoot it just as well as my larger handguns. The trigger is phenomenal for a striker fired gun, with a good, crisp and short reset. Saying that I LOVE the Hellcat would be an understatement.

After such good experience with the Hellcat as well as a Springfield Mil-Spec 1911 I purchased last year, I decided to give the XD series a go. I have owned several Glocks, several M&Ps, and a Sig P320 over the past decade. I absolutely loved the Sig, but it would not reliably feed steel cased ammo (which Sig itself does not recommend with their firearms). The Glocks and M&Ps I had would run steel case no problemo. I set my eyes on the XDM Elite 3.8 9mm, which I have now owned for approximately six months. It is definitely one of the best striker fired handguns I have ever owned. The flat face trigger is crisp with a short reset like the Hellcat (maybe not quite as crisp but close). The controls are easy to manipulate and the factory magwell was a really nice touch. The gun has a very good, tough finish. XDM Elite magazines are some of the best factory mags I have ever seen. Lastly, the manufacturer (which I know is HS Produkt) actually marks the front and rear sight dovetails as a guide for lining replacement sights up perfectly. I have changed the sights out to Night Fision with a green/yellow front and blacked out tritium U notch rear....which mimics the Hellcat sights.

I now have approximately five hundred rounds through both the Hellcat and XDM Elite each with any issues. Both guns simply run and are easy to shoot well. Saying all this, I have yet another XDM Elite, this time a 4.5 9mm, now on the way to my FFL. I will do a full range report with all three guns after it arrives. I apologize in advance for the long post! Does anyone else enjoy their Hellcats/XDMs as much as I do?
Wait until you get a 10mm!!!!!!!!!🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳😎😎😎🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩

My story is similar. I started when I found an XD Mod.2 in .45 acp on a deep sale after they discontinued the Mod.2 line. That gun is still the most accurate .45 I have ever fired. Over the next few years I acquired almost every Springfield model you mentioned in your post. I'm currently saving up for a Garrison for my next purchase.

My story is similar. I started when I found an XD Mod.2 in .45 acp on a deep sale after they discontinued the Mod.2 line. That gun is still the most accurate .45 I have ever fired. Over the next few years I acquired almost every Springfield model you mentioned in your post. I'm currently saving up for a Garrison for my next purchase.
wmg:
My Garrison is a fine gun - no complaints. But I shot my Ronin again yesterday, and frankly cannot get past the impression that the Ronin is better. Mine has noticeably better trigger, and the FO picks up better on its blued slide than the low mount white dots on the satin stainless Garrison. Ronins fit seems higher end - smoother??
I dunno, it just runs better for me…

MSRPs are very close, though the street price on Ronin has stayed above its original msrp, while Garrison street price has fallen below ( the normal trend). The diff between the two right now us $100-200 from what I’ve seen.

But you wouldn’t go wrong with either.

My Springfield Mil-Spec 1911 is one of the "Defender" models. I have also owned several 1911s over the years, including two Colts. Springfield KNOWS how to make an amazing 1911. The fit/finish on the base "Defender" Mil-Spec is very well done and the pistol is extremely accurate and utter reliable to boot (even with Wolf/Tulammo).

Here is my Mil-Spec "Defender" 1911 (changed the grips and added Wilson Combat front strap wrap around):

Attachments

• 20191105_123321.jpg
    20191105_123321.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 104
  • 20191105_123407.jpg
    20191105_123407.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 108

1st off Georgian, welcome to the forum! - Even if you've had one already, another likely won't hurt too much, but never know sometimes? - Between various alien encroachments, cartoonish invasions and collections of grumpy old guys am sure you'll eventually find them or they'll find you? :)

On your wife's favorite and shooting? Good for her! May help keep you in line? :)

"I apologize in advance for the long post! Does anyone else enjoy their Hellcats/XDMs as much as I do?"

Long post? - OMG, no one else does that around here, shame on you! :)

On the Hellcat and XDM's? - There's likely quite a few of us around here that feel the same. They've been good HG's for many of us, they work and sell quite well. - There's a good reason for our experience.

My story is similar.
I was always a S&W fan, wanted an M&P when they first came out, but the triggers sucked then.
I bought a Springfield MOD-2 compact in 9mm and liked it so much I bought a MOD-2 Tactical in 9mm.
I never had a 1911 so I bought a Springfield Range Officer Operator, because it had better sights than the Mil-Spec.
I want another 1911, but Springfield keeps changing the game with all these new models my bucket list can't keep up...

Thank yall for the warm welcome! I initially intended to purchase one of the new SA35s but had a stronger itch for another XDM. Something that stands out to me among the many great features on the XDM line is how well the gun machined and fit. I have seen some domestic and other big name manufacturers that seem to me to be a bit behind the XDM in this department. The Croats definitely know how to make a good handgun....and the rest of the world doesn't seem to have noticed.

Thank yall for the warm welcome! I initially intended to purchase one of the new SA35s but had a stronger itch for another XDM. Something that stands out to me among the many great features on the XDM line is how well the gun machined and fit. I have seen some domestic and other big name manufacturers that seem to me to be a bit behind the XDM in this department. The Croats definitely know how to make a good handgun....and the rest of the world doesn't seem to have noticed.
I don't know about the whole gun, but the frame at least.

I too fell in love with SA on the purchase of my 1911 RO. After a couple of carry options that I wasn't overjoyed with, I went to the EMP4 and love it!! Shoots great, feels great in my hand, accurate and recoil was a pleasant surprise. Would love both the RDP Hellcat and the XDM. Maybe one day soon if Santa is looking out for me!😁

I too fell in love with SA on the purchase of my 1911 RO. After a couple of carry options that I wasn't overjoyed with, I went to the EMP4 and love it!! Shoots great, feels great in my hand, accurate and recoil was a pleasant surprise. Would love both the RDP Hellcat and the XDM. Maybe one day soon if Santa is looking out for me!😁
I really like my Hellcat OSP FDE, mine came with the WASP installed, but as of now I took it off, can’t get used to the red dot, but that’s just me. Great little guns

989F587C-6AFA-4CBA-A08A-A4F446D7405B.jpeg

Last edited:
I really like my Hellcat OSP, mine came with the WASP installed, but as of now I took it off, can’t get used to the red dot, but that’s just me. Great little guns

View attachment 22577
I know other manufacturers have handguns that come with factory installed night sights, but not many include them as STANDARD for all models of a series out of the box. On top of this, I feel the Hellcat night sights are some of the best in the industry.

I bought the 1st gen XD sub compact back in 2003ish and fell in love. Been an SA fanboy ever since.

It isn't here in Utah. They are both moderately priced and there is a lot available. But I do see there can be differences in prices and quantity from state to state.

Usually about same priced here too and 10mm ammo is starting to be more available like 45ACP and 9mm. Hadn't seen but one box of 10mm in over a year until recently.

Back