testtest

Generally, how long before the second generation firearm issued?

T_Cactus

Operator
I am very interested in obtaining a SA-35
I have been listening/reading about the SA-35, and it is not a matter if I will purchase but when.

I’ve noticed in some of the “reviews” two things I too would like see on the new pistol ( don’t say/call it new! )

1. Extractor has issues after several hundred rounds - take me a while to get there. But,,,,,
2. Perhaps the addition of an extended beavertail.

Anyways, I’m looking for an SA-35 and I’m purchasing 9 mm for the eventual purchase.

I have been listening/reading about the SA-35, and it is not a matter if I will purchase but when.

I’ve noticed in some of the “reviews” two things I too would like see on the new pistol ( don’t say/call it new! )

1. Extractor has issues after several hundred rounds - take me a while to get there. But,,,,,

Anyways, I’m looking for an SA-35 and I’m purchasing 9 mm for the eventual purchase.
i have seen a few reviews as well. let's not forget, those are tests that the average shooter will not go thru in such a short amount of time, as those "expert" review people do. they have to do as much abuse to a product in short time as they can, to get the problems they experienced to show up.

for us "average" shooters, by the time we reach those numbers in the rounds count, the manufacturer would have come up with a "cure" thanks to the brutal testing.

then it's a matter of contacting the company for a replacement part, or a trip to the factory for repairs, for no charge to us.

but i myself don't always wait xx amount of time to buy any new product. sometimes, like in the case of the Emissary, i buy one as soon as it is available, at my LGS.

it's 6 of one, half a dozen of another....wait some time, for the bugs to work out, or buy right away....

either way, we will own a "new" product.

On getting ready for purchase? 9mm ammo's a pretty safe bet, can use in many HG's. But? There can be some unforeseen what if's in the mix from time to time too from experience. Until have personally seen and felt for self, holding off within reason may be a safer bet? There's many great likeable HG's out there, would love one of each. But, actual feel and function may be unfortunately and personally off until at least experienced an identical model too.

Is much to like in this world at times, but unfortunately not everything always works for everyone for one reason or another.

On the SA-35? Have read and seen quite a bit on them online. Very likeable from the perspective so far. But, haven't personally seen, held or used one yet. Until then, I wouldn't generally jump or prep for or at one sight unseen in the real world. Typically, when something mechanical or electrical's 1st released there may be or usually is bugs or flaws if any, like some have experienced. A year from release date is generally a reasonable wait time. But, all that's an opinion.

i have seen a few reviews as well. let's not forget, those are tests that the average shooter will not go thru in such a short amount of time, as those "expert" review people do. they have to do as much abuse to a product in short time as they can, to get the problems they experienced to show up.

for us "average" shooters, by the time we reach those numbers in the rounds count, the manufacturer would have come up with a "cure" thanks to the brutal testing.

then it's a matter of contacting the company for a replacement part, or a trip to the factory for repairs, for no charge to us.

but i myself don't always wait xx amount of time to buy any new product. sometimes, like in the case of the Emissary, i buy one as soon as it is available, at my LGS.

it's 6 of one, half a dozen of another....wait some time, for the bugs to work out, or buy right away....

either way, we will own a "new" product.
I usually put at least 200 rounds through a new gun the first time I shoot it. Getting to 800 rounds would probably take 2-3 months.

Right now you can’t even find a SA-35 for sale. I was wondering if they found an issue and were fixing before going full bore with inventory.

I usually put at least 200 rounds through a new gun the first time I shoot it. Getting to 800 rounds would probably take 2-3 months.

Right now you can’t even find a SA-35 for sale. I was wondering if they found an issue and were fixing before going full bore with inventory.

Is hard saying, but is a possibility that SA may have looked into. Have seen very few advertised in stock from here either.

when i wanted my Emissary, the LGS owner told me they had 4 coming in. i checked daily, and none for about 1 month.

then i'd check in like every 2-3 days.....

then one day i get there, and only 2 came in, and one got sold the day before.

i got the last one....they only got in 2...

how many now they are getting in, who knows.

may depend on how much volume your LGS does with a manufacturer, or if they are even on a list to receive any.

so many guns are made, some are shipped, i think (personally) some are held back to see how sales go.??

put your order in at your LGS, then be a pest, and go there once, twice a week if you can.??

Thanks for the reports and your thoughts.

I have never owned a nine mm, so I was immediately pleased wth the SA-35 because it is an metal gun.

I own a polymer framed pistol that I carry,,,,,,

I’m really looking forward to seeing and owning another one of John Browning’s designs.

when i wanted my Emissary, the LGS owner told me they had 4 coming in. i checked daily, and none for about 1 month.

may depend on how much volume your LGS does with a manufacturer, or if they are even on a list to receive any.

so many guns are made, some are shipped, i think (personally) some are held back to see how sales go.??

put your order in at your LGS, then be a pest, and go there once, twice a week if you can.??

Lot of shipping is going on like that in other areas too. Can order all wanted, but only receive what can at the time too.

LGS will generally get stock from a distributor, not manufacturer. At least I think that’s how Springfield does it.
So there’s that added step.

Thanks for the reports and your thoughts.

I have never owned a nine mm, so I was immediately pleased wth the SA-35 because it is an metal gun.

I own a polymer framed pistol that I carry,,,,,,

I’m really looking forward to seeing and owning another one of John Browning’s designs.

Am with you on that except having another 9mm. Is good caliber and is also another good thing having at least one HG chambered for it because of the ammo's current availability.

I wouldn't worry about the extractor, one company reported it as being an issue, but these guys sell "improved" parts. Not exactly unbiased. The beaver tail shouldn't be an issue. This was one area supposedly corrected by SA. I haven't cruised the local stores lately, so I don't know if any have shown up. In the meantime, I've saved up my money.

I too own an Emissary, Old_Me, and get it out just to admire the piece.
Abs of course I fire it too.
I had plunked down half on a SA Ronin, and waited, and waited, and waited some more. Paul at my LGS Called and said come and get it, when I arrived at the gun store, Paul wasn’t there, and the other employee off handedly said I could buy an Emissary while I was there.
I left the Ronin and purchased the Emissary.
I know I could go down and put down half which would guarantee that it would be delivered in “time”

I also read something on this at the 1911 forum, according to what I read, it was getting build up under the extractor and possibly a weak extractor spring, my thoughts on this if I got one were to keep it clean in that area and not worry to much about it, if there is a problem, Springfield will definitely take care of it.

Back