testtest

Beyond Comprehension

i don't care the laws in some states, but getting a "provisional" license at 15 is still too young for me.

it should be at the very least 16. better still at 18.

my guess is at the time of night, the kid fell asleep at the wheel. heck, as a long time trucker, i know the effects of driving from the hours of 2AM till 5AM. if i recall, those are the hours of our deepest REM sleep.

since the kid and his passenger are dead, nothing can be done to them personally, but if the pick up truck owner had any insurance, then i hope the families sue the crap outta it.

13 WAS according to the article, breaking the law.

i don't care the laws in some states, but getting a "provisional" license at 15 is still too young for me.

it should be at the very least 16. better still at 18.

my guess is at the time of night, the kid fell asleep at the wheel. heck, as a long time trucker, i know the effects of driving from the hours of 2AM till 5AM. if i recall, those are the hours of our deepest REM sleep.

since the kid and his passenger are dead, nothing can be done to them personally, but if the pick up truck owner had any insurance, then i hope the families sue the crap outta it.

13 WAS according to the article, breaking the law.
I was driving at 15 with a farm license.

Fact is, though—I was driving heavy farm equipment on roads even younger.

Obtaining a license at age 16 should be tied to academic performance in high school. This is what parents did when I was that age. If my grades dropped one bit my flat feet were back on the ground! Kids today think having a license is a right, and not a privilege that should be earned.

Obtaining a license at age 16 should be tied to academic performance in high school. This is what parents did when I was that age. If my grades dropped one bit my flat feet were back on the ground! Kids today think having a license is a right, and not a privilege that should be earned.
which is why am TOTALY AGAINST my state, and other states wanting to "give" a license to undocumented people..like WTF..

as you say, it is a PRIVLEDGE to drive, NOT a right.

you wanna live in this country, well them damit, become a US citizen FIRST, then apply for a license.

the "politicians say" that insurance will be required....yeah right........this means that we AMERICANS, will have to up our insurance coverages....

I was driving at 15 with a farm license.

Fact is, though—I was driving heavy farm equipment on roads even younger.
you would not be the first to say this. in fact, i used to watch that Dr. Pol animal vet tv show. there was a young gal, maybe about 16, driving i think a huge Ford F-350, pulling a LARGE horse trailer to his office..!!

dang if i wasn't impressed (as a former truck driver myself) with her skills...

but to me, that is

#1...the rare exception

#2 ..primarily on farm/back roads, not the super slabs.

#3.. as an average (or whole), no one under 16 (18 best) should be, behind the wheel.

i'm even dead-set against what some in the trucking industry want to do...open the driving of 18 wheelers to 18 year olds....all because of a so-called trucker shortage.

well, for that matter, the country is short police, firemen, doctors, lawyers, teachers, plumbers, electricians, airplane pilots, ...etc.

are we to open the flood gates for those trades/responsible jobs to 18 year olds too..????

you would not be the first to say this. in fact, i used to watch that Dr. Pol animal vet tv show. there was a young gal, maybe about 16, driving i think a huge Ford F-350, pulling a LARGE horse trailer to his office..!!

but to me, that is

#1...the rare exception

#3.. as an average (or whole), no one under 16 (18 best) should be, behind the wheel.

i'm even dead-set against what some in the trucking industry want to do...open the driving of 18 wheelers to 18 year olds....all because of a so-called trucker shortage.

well, for that matter, the country is short police, firemen, doctors, lawyers, teachers, plumbers, electricians, airplane pilots, ...etc.

are we to open the flood gates for those trades/responsible jobs to 18 year olds too..????
Interesting.

Do you think 17 year olds should be able to carry weapons on city streets?

which is why am TOTALY AGAINST my state, and other states wanting to "give" a license to undocumented people..like WTF..

you wanna live in this country, well them damit, become a US citizen FIRST, then apply for a license.

the "politicians say" that insurance will be required....yeah right........this means that we AMERICANS, will have to up our insurance coverages....
Yeah, those pesky Europeans are ruining things for everyone!

Yeah, those pesky Europeans are ruining things for everyone!
so you would like to see undocumented, non english speaking people, that run stop signs, red lights, speed, hit and run accidents, have a license to drive? all the while not being a naturalized citizen?

you think the undocumented ought to have such freedoms and not work for the proper way to get things?

you must not live in an urban/city area, where the population of such is growing day by day.

so you would like to see undocumented, non english speaking people, that run stop signs, red lights, speed, hit and run accidents, have a license to drive? all the while not being a naturalized citizen?

you think the undocumented ought to have such freedoms and not work for the proper way to get things?

you must not live in an urban/city area, where the population of such is growing day by day.
Old_Me this thread was not started to bash undocumented individuals and I have to add there are plenty if not more natural born citizens causing havoc on the roads, I am with you on the age part so let’s stay with that. Thank you for understanding.

There are people living here who chose the American dream by applying for legal residency. There is no requirement for citizenship to remain here.

but to me, that is

#1...the rare exception

I was driving semis at 11 years old. KW with 13spd 3.90gears and a 48' cattle trailer (a.k.a. pot).

13 year was driving the truck that caused the crash killing 9 in Texas.

Last year there were an underaged driver with 2 friends that took keys to a pickup without approval at 2 or 3am. They crashed and died (1 might have lived) near a town about 60 miles from me. These were farm kids and goes too show the driver learned nothing!

I do not understand how being a citizen effects your ability to drive. In fact, having taken driving tests in TX, NY and Great Britain I can tell you that the average driving test in the United States is so ridiculously easy as to be a source of mockery. Have you been to TX? People running red lights,speeding, etc is the norm here. I assume by foreign non-English speaking people you’re not talking about Germans, Italians, Swedish or even Asians?

Most kids today dont wven want thwir license at 16. Majority of my kids friends, who are over q6, dont have a license. They dont want one for now.

Back