testtest

Decisions....

Looking to get a SA 1911. I have it narrowed down to Loaded Ronin or Garrison. I am looking to stay with a black frame, (unless I go Ronin) I know I want to already have the extended beavertail and nicer trigger then say the milspec(if one is better than the other?). Is parkerized any better then blued? Any and all recommendations appreciated as i am new to the 1911 game. would be for a range/maybe carry(not alot though) gun. Thanks

Looking to get a SA 1911. I have it narrowed down to Loaded Ronin or Garrison. I am looking to stay with a black frame, (unless I go Ronin) I know I want to already have the extended beavertail and nicer trigger then say the milspec(if one is better than the other?). Is parkerized any better then blued? Any and all recommendations appreciated as i am new to the 1911 game. would be for a range/maybe carry(not alot though) gun. Thanks
Man! That Operator looks like a fine 1911 in my opinion! That's the SA 1911 I'm hoping to one day have in the safe!

i like to "mix up" the guns and finishes that they have. i have maybe 5 "black/blued" 1911's, and more two tone or stainless steel.

all one finish to me, for the amount of 1911's that i have?

is boring as all hell.

Welcome to the forum from Kentucky.
You didn’t mention caliber but I’m guessing 45? There is no “loaded” Ronin and as mentioned the only 1911 offered by Springfield in 10mm.
Your two choices are also in the $900.00 dollar range?

I don’t think you can go wrong with either choice.
I like the look of the garrison better than the ronin but that personal preference.
Have you shot both? Does one “feel” better than another?
If you want you can get both and give me the one you like least! Hahahaa.
Both are sweet guns.

Good choices, Ronin’s are good, but duel tone, the Garrison is blue or stainless, but I have seen the blue Garrison and it is one nice pistol, hard choice on your part, me, I lean towards the Garrison.

Just out of curiosity? Why is that your preference?
Beauty and corrosion prevention both. Stainless is the easiest to refinish if needed, followed by parkerized then blued (cold bluing isn’t bluing). Parkerized finished are porous oxide finishes. Yeah they can retain oils but also moisture and offers the least protection. Also mars pretty easy. Bluing is a hard sealed finish that fully protects the surface. Looks a lot better too.

Last edited:
Oh! Well ok then! Just learned something new about finishes! I agree about the beauty of good Bluing. I've always wondered witch was more durable. Bluing or Parkerized. The Bluing on my Kimber, or at least I think it's Blueing. Is very poor quality or thin maybe compared to many other factory bluing's I've seen on other makes and models. The finish started showing considerable holster ware just after a month or two! My Kimber's finish is smooth like bluing but not as deep or dark as I've seen on other pistols and rifles. I also read this in the reviews of the pistol when I read up on it before my purchase. That didn't deture me from buying the pistol because I keep all my arms clean and we'll oiled where and when needed. I don't mind a little cosmetic ware. It's all in how it performs. At least for me it is. Don't get me wrong. A beautiful bluing on a fine wood stocked rifle is about as sexy as it gets!

What is your opinion on stainless barrels vs. high carbon steel? My father always told me high carbon steel barrels last longer because it's harder steel than Stainless. Stainless is also more brittal than high carbon steel therefore gaulds much easier. At least that's what I've been taught.

Last edited:
Back