testtest

Trio of Democrats unveil federal gun licensing bill

I think we focus too much on the politicians who propose this type of legislation. It doesn't surprise me that these Senators would propose such an unconstitutional idea. The fact that it is not unexpected is why I don't have any strong feelings about it. What bothers me is that there are thousands of citizens in certain states who freely choose to vote for legislators who openly hate the Constitution. What is going on in these states where so many people are raised to think that the Constitution has no value?

This is all lip service for their constituencies. They’ve seen legislation like this get knocked back time after time. This bill would have no impact on the gazillions of legally purchased guns already in our grubby little mitts. The genie is out of the bottle. And it’s not going back in. They know it, we know it.

The most chilling factor here isn't that the Marxist left (with whom the sponsors of this tyrannical assault on the constitution align politically) believe this is a good idea. The thing that frightens me is the ignorance of the uninformed Americans who believe this type of thing is a good idea and will gladly embrace this sort of tyranny in the misguided belief that it will prevent bad things from  ever happening.

Too many people accept the argument that more government control of the citizens is a solution to a "problem" which has a vague definition to begin with. The Marxist left, of which the current regime is a supporter of, want to use the term "gun violence" to include everything from mass murder committed by a lunatic to the legitimate and legal use of a firearm to protect yourself. If you accept their premise, any and every time a gun is discharged and someone is injured as a result, it's an act of aggressive, unjustified violence against a person.

Our society is being subjected to an ongoing assault on reason and logic with emotions and feelings being substituted in their place. The Constitution was designed in such a fashion so that fundamental changes are a slow and often ponderous process. The Marxist left despises this fact. Remember how Barry O. trumpeted the "need" for "fundamental change" and bemoaned the fact that the Constitution was an impediment to his vision?

Every event which can be used to stoke the fires of emotionalism is portrayed as something that could have been prevented in a less free society. The calls for restriction on the second amendment, governmental regulation of speech and restrictions and the exercise of first amendment rights plus the desire to eliminate other constitutional protections are deemed necessary to protect society by the pandering Marxists.

While this particular assault on our Republic will likely fail, it's but a more another attempt to neuter our second amendment rights. It won't be the last, or the least ambitious one. This has been thrown into the public eye for a reason, and that reason is to desensitize the undecided and the gullible. One day very soon this will be labeled "common sense gun control" if the agenda of the Marxist left continues to be implemented by those would-be tyrants in power now.

The most chilling factor here isn't that the Marxist left (with whom the sponsors of this tyrannical assault on the constitution align politically) believe this is a good idea. The thing that frightens me is the ignorance of the uninformed Americans who believe this type of thing is a good idea and will gladly embrace this sort of tyranny in the misguided belief that it will prevent bad things from  ever happening.

Too many people accept the argument that more government control of the citizens is a solution to a "problem" which has a vague definition to begin with. The Marxist left, of which the current regime is a supporter of, want to use the term "gun violence" to include everything from mass murder committed by a lunatic to the legitimate and legal use of a firearm to protect yourself. If you accept their premise, any and every time a gun is discharged and someone is injured as a result, it's an act of aggressive, unjustified violence against a person.

Our society is being subjected to an ongoing assault on reason and logic with emotions and feelings being substituted in their place. The Constitution was designed in such a fashion so that fundamental changes are a slow and often ponderous process. The Marxist left despises this fact. Remember how Barry O. trumpeted the "need" for "fundamental change" and bemoaned the fact that the Constitution was an impediment to his vision?

Every event which can be used to stoke the fires of emotionalism is portrayed as something that could have been prevented in a less free society. The calls for restriction on the second amendment, governmental regulation of speech and restrictions and the exercise of first amendment rights plus the desire to eliminate other constitutional protections are deemed necessary to protect society by the pandering Marxists.

While this particular assault on our Republic will likely fail, it's but a more another attempt to neuter our second amendment rights. It won't be the last, or the least ambitious one. This has been thrown into the public eye for a reason, and that reason is to desensitize the undecided and the gullible. One day very soon this will be labeled "common sense gun control" if the agenda of the Marxist left continues to be implemented by those would-be tyrants in power now.
Just read a story in NPR whining about the lack of regulation on body armor. :rolleyes:

in my trucking days, i had to run from MA to Elizabeth 5 nights a week.

meaning, as i came off the GWB, onto the NJTP, that horrendous odors from the chemical plants were sickening..

i think those 2 senators from your state, inhaled too much themselves from there.
Ah yes, the 95/newark/meadowlands funk. Sadly that is people’s first impression of nj. There are a lot of beautiful places in nj. I’m a jersey boy through and through and i used to defend my armpit state to the bitter end. However, over the last few years it has become harder and harder to justify standing up for my state. The taxes, political corruption and congestion make this place unlivable. Not to mention this is one the most hostile states towards gun ownership. The hoops one must jump through to get a handgun are astonishing. Been waiting more than 30 days for my permit to pick up a deadly, menacing, ultra-lethal 40-year old Ruger Mark I. I wish they made it this difficult to vote. It would definitely separate the wheat from the chaff.
I have 7-10 more years before i am free to leave.

Ah yes, the 95/newark/meadowlands funk. Sadly that is people’s first impression of nj. There are a lot of beautiful places in nj. I’m a jersey boy through and through and i used to defend my armpit state to the bitter end. However, over the last few years it has become harder and harder to justify standing up for my state. The taxes, political corruption and congestion make this place unlivable. Not to mention this is one the most hostile states towards gun ownership. The hoops one must jump through to get a handgun are astonishing. Been waiting more than 30 days for my permit to pick up a deadly, menacing, ultra-lethal 40-year old Ruger Mark I. I wish they made it this difficult to vote. It would definitely separate the wheat from the chaff.
yeah i know, i have been through some of the farm lands out there. very nice and cleaner stink free air.

i think Avenell, further south is where i used to drop off cigarette loads, once in a blue moon on my way back up north.

i seem to recall taking a wrong turn down there, and went past several farms?

yeah i know, i have been through some of the farm lands out there. very nice and cleaner stink free air.

i think Avenell, further south is where i used to drop off cigarette loads, once in a blue moon on my way back up north.

i seem to recall taking a wrong turn down there, and went past several farms?
It is called the garden state. Central and south jersey are full of farms. I live within a stone’s throw of 2 dairy farms and several horse farms. Corn and organic farms are big around me too. Further south is more corn and peach, blueberry and cranberry farms. Still can’t beat a tomato from nj. As a jersey boy i am obligated to grow tomatoes and basil. Hahahaha. Damn they are good though.

To know them is to loathe them. There is a formula at play here.
Create a problem and then announce you are the team to solve it.
Rinse and repeat for the next self induced problem.
Baby formula, inflation, energy crisis, crime, CDC, FDA, WHO, FBI, Green New Deal, CRT, education, etc.
Brought to you by folks who desperately need your vote and may find other ways to cheat elections. Don't be a sucker.

To know them is to loathe them. There is a formula at play here.
Create a problem and then announce you are the team to solve it.
Rinse and repeat for the next self induced problem.
Baby formula, inflation, energy crisis, crime, CDC, FDA, WHO, FBI, Green New Deal, CRT, education, etc.
Brought to you by folks who desperately need your vote and may find other ways to cheat elections. Don't be a sucker.
Do they really need to find additional ways to perform election fraud? There is ample evidence of fraud in the last presidential ballot to give cause to investigate, but the Marxist left used sympathetic courts to block those attempts. These people are evil, and will quite literally stop at nothing to consolidate power and wealth in their hands.

Everyone who lives in a congressional district which may be a toss up needs to be tremendously diligent about election integrity this fall. There won't be widespread attempts to cheat, just like in the last election they will focus on targeted districts. We saw what cheating in the chosen areas gave us-Imbecilic Joe and his merry band of sycophantic idiots.

They did it before and they can do it again. Don't think they don't have plans in place already to subvert the process.

I lived in NJ 20 years ago. I think it was a very different place back then. It's a beautiful state - especially Morris / Somerset counties. My understanding is a lot of folks are unable to leave NJ due to the exit tax. I hope that does not affect you.

I lived in NJ 20 years ago. I think it was a very different place back then. It's a beautiful state - especially Morris / Somerset counties. My understanding is a lot of folks are unable to leave NJ due to the exit tax. I hope that does not affect you.
I don’t have a house worth that much to be affected by the tax. I grew up in Bergen county but have been in Hunterdon county for the last 25 years. A lot has changed. I’ll miss the pizza, tomatoes, corn and the shore (not the snookie/jersey shore type) when i’m gone. Either way i want out.

Seriously? People have to pay a tax to leave? There's quite a litany of profanities I could use to describe that, but will simply call it un-American. What a joke, and I don't mean funny ha ha.

Seriously? People have to pay a tax to leave? There's quite a litany of profanities I could use to describe that, but will simply call it un-American. What a joke, and I don't mean funny ha ha.
It’s actually not as bad as it sounds. Basically it is money they hold to make sure the state gets their tax money on capital gains on sale of your house. Once that is paid you get the remaining balance. Now, when you get it and how long it takes to actually get that balance is another story. Still, it is one more hoop you have to jump through to leave.

Back