testtest

Would you bury a gun?

you know, lot's of people toss away broken down freezers or fridges.

those can make for pretty good burial vaults.

of course the outside metal will rust, in a few years, but there are "plastic" liners in those things, that will not rust.

the rubber seals around the doors will deteriorate in time as well, but a few "wrappings around with a sealant type of tape, should keep out the moisture still.

another great burial vault, IS a burial vault, made of concrete, and the lid has a seal, that once closed, you need a prybar or jack hammer to break open.

1CE83636-DEF9-418F-BB2D-EC0ADFFE3F32.gif

An interesting perspective.
I got married in the late 80’s and we bought our first home in the early 90’s on the same city block as my wife’s family. Separated by 5 houses on the same side of the street there was an older couple in between that had a bomb shelter in the back yard, the guy was an early on prep-per that was ready for the end of the world and after getting to know him he was gun enthusiasts. In the late 90’s during a early threat of a gun grab he packed up all (or most) of his guns and drove out west,
“Destination unknown” and gave those guns to a militia he was associated with.
He talked often of burying his guns under the bomb shelter but decided against it. He was a strange man but it’s interesting to know the thinking of burying instead of giving guns up to the government has been around for years.

Not long after I started at a PD in Florida an older gentleman, a WWII vet, died and not long after that his wife passed. He left behind a number of firearms in a gun cabinet. The family was preparing the house they had lived in for many years for sale and during the inspection a canvas bag was found in the attic. It was a Thompson SMG with magazines in the original issue bag. Children of the couple told us the gentleman had served in the Pacific campaigns in WWII. Although they told us they did not know he had the SMG, he did tell them he had "some things" stashed away in case things "got bad". We also got several hand grenades turned in under similar circumstances over the years but that's a different story. I wonder how much more of that old ordnance is still out there.

Not long after I started at a PD in Florida an older gentleman, a WWII vet, died and not long after that his wife passed. He left behind a number of firearms in a gun cabinet. The family was preparing the house they had lived in for many years for sale and during the inspection a canvas bag was found in the attic. It was a Thompson SMG with magazines in the original issue bag. Children of the couple told us the gentleman had served in the Pacific campaigns in WWII. Although they told us they did not know he had the SMG, he did tell them he had "some things" stashed away in case things "got bad". We also got several hand grenades turned in under similar circumstances over the years but that's a different story. I wonder how much more of that old ordnance is still out there.
Probably more then anyone realizes.

In the city I grew up in an elderly woman called the police in the early 90's to turn in a mortar and case of mortar's that her deceased husband had stored in their basement.

Probably more then anyone realizes.
As the World War II generation in Europe is dying off they are finding more and more ordnance stashed in people's attics.

This is just a guess but I think a lot of those people live through World War I and they live through World War II and they decided that the next time it happened they were going to be ready for it.

I remember reading a story about a woman who lived with her family in Germany during the war. And at the very end of the war of freight train full of German ordnance was abandoned in their town and in the book they talk about people looting the train.

I would be willing to bet that much of those guns are still out there

Here's an example from Germany.

Back