testtest

Shipping and Receiving Gun Parts and Accessories

I got this email today from Sig regarding shipping.

Dear Customer,

As of June 28, 2022, Fed Ex implemented a change in their shipping procedure; ID scanning to be required for adult signatures. Their scanning technology will:

• Capture the recipient’s name associated with the ID and auto-populate the first initial and last name.
  • Confirm the recipient is 21 years or older.

Their software does not record any other personal data (e.g., driver's license number, phone number(s), birthdate, home address, etc.). See more information about this here.

Due to a change in policy from our freighter, SIG SAUER is implementing a change in our shipping procedure.

As of 1 September 2022, controlled items shipped via Fed Ex will require the following:

• Adult Signature Required
  • Scanning of driver's license in order to verify age upon delivery

If the recipient refuses to show ID as proof of age and signature, SIG SAUER will consider the shipment as refused, which could incur restocking or reshipping fees.

We appreciate your assistance in ensuring we are all in compliance with these new industry shipping protocols.

Dear Customer,

As of June 28, 2022, Fed Ex implemented a change in their shipping procedure; ID scanning to be required for adult signatures. Their scanning technology will:

• Capture the recipient’s name associated with the ID and auto-populate the first initial and last name.

Their software does not record any other personal data (e.g., driver's license number, phone number(s), birthdate, home address, etc.). See more information about this here.

Due to a change in policy from our freighter, SIG SAUER is implementing a change in our shipping procedure.

As of 1 September 2022, controlled items shipped via Fed Ex will require the following:

If the recipient refuses to show ID as proof of age and signature, SIG SAUER will consider the shipment as refused, which could incur restocking or reshipping fees.

We appreciate your assistance in ensuring we are all in compliance with these new industry shipping protocols.
Another company caves to those 8 POS anti gun democrats.

Dear Customer,

Got the same email, looks like I won’t be ordering anything from them again, I’m going to be 62 next month and I have to show an ID to prove I’m 21, they can go pound sand….

Take it as a compliment young buck...😜
9439FB35-4515-4F4D-8943-FFD2E23B1E09.gif

Interestingly, my 15% off at the Springfield store (after the Prodigy winner was announced at my LGS), where I ordered the 3 different capacity Prodigy mags and pre-order of the Trijicon plate, is coming FedEx smartpost. I don't see anywhere on their tracking that a signature is required. I'd consider magazines gun parts.

Interestingly, my 15% off at the Springfield store (after the Prodigy winner was announced at my LGS), where I ordered the 3 different capacity Prodigy mags and pre-order of the Trijicon plate, is coming FedEx smartpost. I don't see anywhere on their tracking that a signature is required. I'd consider magazines gun parts.
Smart post is Fed-X delivering your package to the post office and they in turn deliver it to you

Maybe FedEx isn't requiring the shippers to declare the package contents and they are working off the honor system. I've never had to divulge to a shipping company a packages contents.

FedEx can speculate the every item from an online seller meets their new requirements or more than likely FedEx knows that by putting the new firearms shipping policy message out there that it will appease the psycho extremist anti 2a groups but in reality it will be business as usual.

Smart post is Fed-X delivering your package to the post office and they in turn deliver it to you
Yeah, I know what smartpost for FedEx and UPS is (I in fact have to go to my Post Office PO Box, since they don't delivery mail to the dead end street I reside on). But It still starts out at FedEx which could demand that the Post Office make you sign for it like Freedom Fighter Tactical does with ordered parts for my M1014 Benelli shotgun.

Got the same email, looks like I won’t be ordering anything from them again, I’m going to be 62 next month and I have to show an ID to prove I’m 21, they can go pound sand….
at 1 of my LGS's, we now have to show our "Blue Card", a card in which we must have to purchase a gun here in my state.

now, due to a change in our laws, we must show that Blue Card to not only buy guns, but ammo too.

so the LGS takes all our information and when we want to buy ammo? they just look up our phone number, and no more having to show then our 'Blue Card"

i think CT, and MA and some other states, like IL (??), must also show "proof" of age, and i guess a law abiding qualified buyer..???

Back